Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

When to use different move types

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> Tech Support >> When to use different move types Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
When to use different move types - 7/11/2005 2:57:06 PM   
AndyWatkins1963

Dear all,

Recently bought Tin Soldiers Alexander, and love it. Been a figure gamer including ancients for many years. Best game of it's type I have seen. However I need a little more information as the manual (even on the CD) seems a little light.

In particular you have options to move, attack, charge, counter charge and defend. There is no real explanation as to the benefits and disadvantages of each....

Can anyone tell me whether these basic rules are any different in Julius Ceasar or is it only really the 3D view that has been changed? Are my queries below still applicable in Julius Caesar?

Charge - often gives you a bonus but you can only go in a straight line. I am a bit unsure as to whether you HAVE to charge the target you inidcated, or whether it will charge a different target if they move...

Counter charge - never used it, no idea when it is a good idea.

Move - basically pointless? Only when you don't wish to fight? Does it have any other strengths or weaknesses.

Attack - One I use most as you can change direction more than charge

Defend - If I am surrounded I go onto Defend to get a defensive bonus, but not at all sure this achieves anything?

Thanks

Andy Watkins
Post #: 1
RE: When to use different move types - 7/11/2005 4:33:07 PM   
Deride

See my response in the TS:ATG forums. Caesar and Alexander have the some command types (although legions change the play of Caesar a bit.)

http://www.matrixgames.com/default.asp?URL=http%3A//www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp%3Fm%3D897878%26mpage%3D1%26key%3D%26%23897878

Deride

(in reply to AndyWatkins1963)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> Tech Support >> When to use different move types Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI