Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: When?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: When? Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 7:14:51 AM   
werwolf

It is scheduled for release on the 27th of July, 2009. So you gotta wait 68 more days.

DAY-DREAMER

(in reply to HansHafen)
Post #: 991
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 7:55:55 AM   
Joseignacio

Ok, and if Steven needs 60 or 90 more days, what?

After so many years, a matter of months is peanuts!!!

(in reply to werwolf)
Post #: 992
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 8:05:16 AM   
werwolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

Right: as usually I'have seen here: the game will be ready when it will be ready.

i.e. NEVER..........

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 993
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 8:25:14 AM   
Joseignacio

quote:

ORIGINAL: werwolf

quote:

Right: as usually I'have seen here: the game will be ready when it will be ready.

i.e. NEVER..........

You are joking, aren't you? If not, what are you doing in a forum about a game that will never be ready?

(in reply to werwolf)
Post #: 994
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 9:06:46 AM   
Froonp

quote:

You are joking, aren't you? If not, what are you doing in a forum about a game that will never be ready?

Jose, I think that you can safely ignore werwolf, who is only posting in this thread to say that the game will never be published and trying to get people reacting. He is not interested at all in the game, and just likes to troll that thread.

Post #: 995
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 9:16:39 AM   
Joseignacio

Thanks, Froonp. I will.

It crossed my mind it could be a troll episode, but I was surprised that he had not been banned by now if that was the case. One thing is to critisize and another to troll. Anyway, I guess it is good that the moderators are liberal in this aspect, it's not good excessive restraint IMHO (although if this behaviour is frequent I would have had banned him, haha ).

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 996
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 10:34:30 AM   
werwolf

quote:

Thanks, Froonp. I will.

It crossed my mind it could be a troll episode, but I was surprised that he had not been banned by now if that was the case. One thing is to critisize and another to troll. Anyway, I guess it is good that the moderators are liberal in this aspect, it's not good excessive restraint IMHO (although if this behaviour is frequent I would have had banned him, haha ).

Right: the truth is that this game is not released yet despite was announced several times (guess why) but we can solve problems banning who saying the truth, in fact where this game?

....but EVEN July is coming.....

Post #: 997
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 11:52:53 AM   
Obsolete

It is scheduled for release on the 27th of July, 2009. So you gotta wait 68 more days.

Unfffff.....

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

(in reply to werwolf)
Post #: 998
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 3:10:19 PM   
Mike Parker

*chuckles*

Werwolves.. you know you can't let em inside, they'll mess the carpet!  It must be a burden being so bitter you have to throw gloom at others over something you don't really care about.

(in reply to Obsolete)
Post #: 999
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 3:56:20 PM   
werwolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Parker

*chuckles*

Werwolves.. you know you can't let em inside, they'll mess the carpet!  It must be a burden being so bitter you have to throw gloom at others over something you don't really care about.

Nooooo......I'am pretty sure this game will be soon available.....check my other answer and you can see I ALWAYS stated that.
Of course it will be ready when it will be ready......
......and I will be one of the first buyers........

(in reply to Mike Parker)
Post #: 1000
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 4:00:04 PM   
composer99

Yes, every so often the troll comes out from under the bridge to irritate the rest of us. Be sure not to feed it too much, as its persecution complex grows with each feeding.

~ Composer99

Post #: 1001
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 4:28:52 PM   
Peeking Duck?

Afraid I'm with Werewolves on this one. I mean there's no game as of yet - have you seen one? - and he did say July 27th, 2009, which might be a typo. It's just like those supposed "lunar landings" back in the 60-70s. Not falling for it a second time!

Post #: 1002
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 4:42:51 PM   
Anendrue

Do trolls know how to read? Look at this post # 905 or is it 906.
Hmmm, I think I will become an advocate for the education of trolls as it seems all of them are incapable of reading. This inability seems to cause them to be a hinderance to society at large with their inadequate abilities. All of this must be due to lack of an education beyond the second or third grade. Please help send a troll to school today. Support your local truancy officers.

< Message edited by abj9562 -- 5/21/2009 4:53:53 PM >

Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching.

(in reply to Peeking Duck?)
Post #: 1003
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 5:02:45 PM   
Anendrue

Hey, next time you decide to quote somebody attribute the quote and reply to it. My post was an hour earlier and you directly copied it and modified the fomatting of the text and turned it into a troll session. I do not appreciate your plagerism and twisting of my statement. In the future I and others may take necessary actions to prevent this. The only reason I am replying to your pathetic behavior is, I do not want to be considered part of your trolling crowd.

quote:

DAY-DREAMER

(in reply to werwolf)
Post #: 1004
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 5:26:27 PM   
Mike Parker

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Parker

*chuckles*

Nooooo......I'am pretty sure this game will be soon available.....check my other answer and you can see I ALWAYS stated that.
Of course it will be ready when it will be ready......
......and I will be one of the first buyers........

quote:

i.e. NEVER..........

Seems to me you said it will be ready when its ready, which is NEVER.... I haven't read (or at least do not recall reading) your other posts on the issue so I take what you said and it was pretty clear to me.

anyway as long as your not offensive your free to post on here, I'll just think of Eyore everytime you post gloom and doom, and then when the game comes out we can both buy a copy and be happy!

(in reply to werwolf)
Post #: 1005
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 5:49:14 PM   
SamuraiProgrmmr

You know, Steve and Matrix games has done a wonderful thing by letting the community know about this game and have a say in how it is developed BEFORE it is finished instead of (like Sid Meier's work) releasing a game (Railroads!) and then ignoring everyone after the fact too.

Steve has done an awesome job at providing information and asking for opinions EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.  His open monthly status reports are unheard of in the gaming industry.

<Sarcasm>
Let's reward them by piling on the stress with demands and snide remarks about WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN
</Sarcasm>

Bridge is the best wargame going .. Where else can you find a tournament every weekend?

Post #: 1006
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 6:15:37 PM   
obermeister

Maybe werewolf is one of those people who has to assume that everything's going to go badly so that he can be pleasantly surprised when things turn out?  Anyway based on the amount of screenshots I've seen of this game, tutorials that have been created, and the fact that there is beta testing in progress tells me that this game is actually going somewhere and is probably pretty close to being ready.  It's not exactly Duke Nukem Forever style vaporware.

(in reply to SamuraiProgrmmr)
Post #: 1007
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 7:20:59 PM   
composer99

While I can certainly understand impatience and frustration at the game's development pace, to assume that the game is never coming out seems to be contrary to the solid evidence of progress that these fora document.

Adapting such a massive game as WiF:FE for the computer, with such a small resource allocation - would Matrix have even allowed a second programmer in on the project? - was bound to be a project years in the making.

~ Composer99

(in reply to obermeister)
Post #: 1008
RE: When? - 5/21/2009 8:08:18 PM   
Obsolete

I can still wait... a little longer.  After all, I've been waiting a very long time for the next CWG & PG sequel.

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 1009
RE: When? - 5/22/2009 1:03:13 AM   
panzers

quote:

quote:

Thanks, Froonp. I will.

Right: the truth is that this game is not released yet despite was announced several times (guess why) but we can solve problems banning who saying the truth, in fact where this game?

....but EVEN July is coming.....

hmmm, let's see... oh, that is post number 31, lol

(in reply to werwolf)
Post #: 1010
RE: When? - 5/22/2009 1:18:38 AM   
panzers

I think you also need to know that this is, by far, the latest a firm date has been kept. It only stands to reason that at this point after 7 years of hard work, half of which Steve has taken part of, that it s very reasonable to assume that if not a reality, maybe 1 month more at the latest. Wherewolf, you need to look at prior posts on this thread to fully appreciate what is and has been going on here.
I may not have been here in a while, but it doesn't mean I don't follow the great progress over the past 3 years.
One thing I can tell you, Steve does not exactly hang out at waikiki everyday. He has been pretty much holed up in his home designing what will be the most intense software ever created. Think you need to give the guy a break.

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 1011
RE: When? - 5/22/2009 4:55:59 PM   
Franck

Just to change the discussion...

I'm really happy this is close to finish. That the game is ready a bit later or not does not bother me at all. I hope to play this at some point. That's all.

Thanks Steve, Patrice and all of those who put effort on this project. The only thing that pains me is that no matter how discouraging werwolf's discourses has been he'll still get to play your game after tons and tons of bitching...

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 1012
RE: When? - 5/22/2009 10:48:20 PM   
Ubercat

I'll bet werwolf will be the loudest screamer if he finds even the slightest post release bug, too. "He released it too soon! Why didn't that guy make sure the game worked first?!"

"I’m not convinced that faith can move mountains, but I’ve seen what it can do to skyscrapers." -William H. Gascoyne

(in reply to Franck)
Post #: 1013
RE: When? - 5/23/2009 3:28:59 AM   
coregames

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ubercat

I'll bet werwolf will be the loudest screamer if he finds even the slightest post release bug, too. "He released it too soon! Why didn't that guy make sure the game worked first?!"

Hopefully he will be patient if he is a true fan. I don't expect perfection at first. We should expect subsequent patches to improve the product dramatically, assuming sufficient success to justify the effort. Rather than nit-picking, we should all keep in mind not only how the initial release of MWiF behaves, but also the potential of what it could be with feedback from the public.

The time we've waited for this product might be compared to the lag between conception and release for Spore. They definitely needed several patches to get it close to right, but it turned out great, so it's hard to argue they released it too soon.

"The creative combination lays bare the presumption of a lie." -- Lasker

Keith Henderson

(in reply to Ubercat)
Post #: 1014
RE: When? - 5/24/2009 9:24:23 AM   
hardwareBob

nice! cant wait till its out!

I hope they have it available on digital download!

(in reply to werwolf)
Post #: 1015
RE: When? - 5/31/2009 11:20:30 PM   
Norden_slith

June! Well, at least it is now here in Europe, sooooo
where's the update?

Norden
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hexagonally challenged

(in reply to hardwareBob)
Post #: 1016
RE: When? - 6/1/2009 3:24:06 AM   
sapper_astro

If it really isn't finished by the current release date, I really hope they do not release it until it is. We all know that anyone screaming about the game will buy it anyway when it is actually released.

I would prefer having to wait now, rather than wait for a stream of patches.

(in reply to Norden_slith)
Post #: 1017
RE: When? - 6/1/2009 6:26:28 AM   
bredsjomagnus

quote:

If it really isn't finished by the current release date, I really hope they do not release it until it is. We all know that anyone screaming about the game will buy it anyway when it is actually released.

I would prefer having to wait now, rather than wait for a stream of patches

Totaly agree. Wouldn´t want to sit by my computer in the summer anyway...

(in reply to sapper_astro)
Post #: 1018
RE: When? - 6/1/2009 2:19:55 PM   
nanorider426

Hi guys.

I hate to admit it, but reading the were-dudes comments annoyed me so much that I just had to pitch in with my two cents.

First of all: As a former programmer I know exactly how difficult it can be to get just minor applications functioning perfectly....did I say perfectly? Sorry, my mistake: functioning adequately without anyone being bothered much by all the bugs that hasn't been discovered yet. Bughunting is (to me a least) the worst and most tedious part of programming, but it's essential to the quality of your code and the end result! It just takes time and patience and a lot of hard work. Time schedules for work of this size just are so painfully looooong.

Second: Having lurked around on this forum the last year or so, I'll willingly join the chorus of enthusiastic WiF'ers saying (yelling!): Get it done right! We'll wait for the goodies another couple of months if that's what it takes to get a good solid game. Being a veteran to the EiA board game I bought the PC version just a few days after it was published......(crickets chirping)........it was so terrible that I could've cried. It's only after the fifth or sixth update (read: bughunt!) that it's actually playable. Please - for the love of all the little hungry programmers in the world - Do This The Right Way!

Third: I'm amazed that Matrix only have one guy working on this. This taken into account it's no small wonder that it has taken so long for Mr. OKeets to get this close to a release date. It's a massive undertaking and you have to remember that we're talking about converting the biggest board game in the world to lines of code. Just think about the sheer size of it! It boggles the mind (....and squeezes the brain in all the wrong places). I think that I would rather spend my life contemplating the intricacies of E = mc2 (that's c squared) than coding this game.

Mr. OKeets....I doff my hat to you. You are no wuss!

Finally I'd like to say hi to all you other WiF fans in this forum. It's nice to know that we're actually many who like good old-fashioned strategy games where you have to think and don't need fancy 3D-graphics to be impressed. Nice to know you all.

Cheers (and may your dice rolls never suck)

< Message edited by nanorider426 -- 6/1/2009 2:21:33 PM >

(in reply to bredsjomagnus)
Post #: 1019
RE: When? - 6/1/2009 2:28:06 PM   
Anendrue

@ nanorider426
Welcome to our community and feel free to pitch in. Steve (Shannon OKeets) acepts all the help he can get! Just send him a PM if there is something you can help with.

(in reply to nanorider426)
Post #: 1020
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: When? Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI