Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New scenarios?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> New scenarios? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New scenarios? - 9/7/2005 10:37:09 AM   
j-s

There is a lot of good scenarios for EiA. For example The Revolutionary Wars - scenario and so on. So there might be a lot of things to add for the game, as a patch or as a new product.

I'm ready to pay more for extra scenarios, how are others? I mean as long as game is a EiA

But now, just have to wait for game and hope, that things like basic EiA rules are included in original release...
Post #: 1
RE: New scenarios? - 9/9/2005 4:26:39 AM   
Marshall Ellis

J-S:

There are an endless combination of scenarios, no doubt. We've thought of the revolution scenarios, conquer the world scenarios, etc. We would probably like to complete the more popular std EiA scenarios. Can anybody tell me which ones those are?

Thank you

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to j-s)
Post #: 2
RE: New scenarios? - 9/9/2005 9:24:12 AM   
Barbu

As far as I remember -

1805-1815 (Grand Campaign)
1805-1807
1812-1815
1813-1815

The revolutionary war campaign is also from AH, but was added later in an issue of The General.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 3
RE: New scenarios? - 9/9/2005 2:43:59 PM   
hlj

Barbu pointed out the campaigns, here are the scenarios.....

13.2 THE 1805 (INTRODUCTORY) SCENARIO
13.3 THE 1809 SCENARIO
13.4 THE 1812 SCENARIO
13.5 THE 1813-1814 DER BEFREIUNGSKRIEG SCENARIO
13.6 THE PENINSULAR WAR SCENARIO (1808-1814)

I wouldnt play anything but the grand campaign and revolutionary campaign though

< Message edited by hlj -- 9/9/2005 2:46:09 PM >

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 4
RE: New scenarios? - 9/9/2005 2:46:22 PM   
hlj

[ 13.2 ] THE 1805 (INTRODUCTORY) SCENARIO: This scenario allows players to master the basic military systems of EMPIRES IN ARMS before embarking on the later scenarios and the full military, diplomatic and economic systems of the campaign games. The 1805 scenario simulates Napoleon's victorious Austerlitz campaign.

13.2.1 FORCES SETUP:

13.2.1.1 ALLIED FORCES: The Allied forces are setup first.

13.2.1.1.1 Austrian Forces:

A. 3 corps and 1C corps with 23I, 7C and the MACK leader in the Ulm area.

B. I corps with 10I, 1C and the JOHN leader in the Salzburg area.

C. 5 corps, 1C corps and 1Gd corps and the CHARLES leader with 3Gd, 32I and 11C in and/or within 1 area of the Venice area.

D. 1I in Prague.

E. 4I in Vienna.

F. 3 depots anywhere in Austrian-controlled territory.

13.2.1.1.2 Russian Forces:

A. 2 corps and 1C corps with 16I and 3C. 1Ck and the KUTUSOV leader in the Krakow area.

B. 1Gd corps, 2 corps and 1C corps with 5Gd, 11I, 4C and the ALEXANDER leader in the Brest-Litovsk area.

C. 2 corps with 9I and 1M, 1Ck and the BENNIGSEN leader in the Grodno area.

D. 1 depot each in the Brest-Litovsk and Lublin areas.

13.2.1.2 FRENCH FORCES: The French forces are setup second

A. 1 corps with 7I with the BERNADOTTE leader in the Cologne area.

B. 3 corps with 38I and 3C with the DAVOUT and SOULT leaders in the Mainz area.

C. 2 corps, 2C corps and lGd corps with 3Gd, 19I and 10C with the NAPOLEON, NEY and MURAT leaders in the Strasbourg area.

D. The Bavaria corps with 10 Bavarian I and 1 Bavarian C in the "5"-forage area of the Duchies.

E. 2 corps with 21I and 4C with the MASSENA leader in the Milan area.

F. I corps with 9I in the Florence area.

G. 3I in Stuttgart.

H. 1 depot each in the Strasbourg, Mainz and Stuttgart areas.

13.2.2 STARTING MONEY: Austria starts the game with $5, Russia starts with $3, and France starts with $10

13.2.3 CONTROL:

AUSTRIAN controlled territory consists of the Austrian home nation and Venetia as a conquered minor country

RUSSIAN controlled territory consists of the Russian home nation

FRENCH controlled territory consists of the French home nation plus Flanders, Kleves, Palatinate, Duchies, Baden, Wurttemburg, Berg, Hanover, Switzerland, Piedmont, Lombardy, Tuscany and Romagna as conquered minor countries and Bavaria and Holland as minor free states

13.2.4 REINFORCEMENTS:

13.2.4.1 AUSTRIAN: 6 money points every Turn. Also 3I in Vienna, 1I in Ofen and 1I in Prague every Turn. No new corps counters are available.

13.2.4.2 RUSSIAN: 2 money points per Turn. No other reinforcements or new corps counters are available.

13.2.4.3 FRENCH: 5 money points per Turn. 1 corps with 5I and 1M in the Strasbourg area in November--no other new corps counters are available.

13.2.5 TIME: The game begins in September, 1805 and ends in December, 1805.

13.2.6 SPECIAL RULES: There are no new special rules with this scenario.

13.2.7 VICTORY: The French player wins if he controls the city of Vienna at the end of the game. Otherwise, the Allied player wins.

[ 13.3 ] THE 1809 SCENARIO: This scenario simulates the campaign on the Danube--Napoleon's last major triumph.

13.3.1 FORCES SETUP:

13.3.1.1 FRENCH FORCES: The French forces are setup first.

A. 1 corps with 12I. 5M, 1C in the area between the Ulm and Munich areas.

B. 1 corps with 8I and 3C and the Wurttemburg corps with 5 Wurttemburg I and 1 Wurttemburg C and the NAPOLEON and MASSENA leaders in the Nuremburg area.

C. 1 corps and 1C corps with 23I and 7C and the Bavaria corps with 11 Bavarian I and 1 Bavarian C and the DAVOUT leader in the 3-forage area immediately north of the Munich area.

D. 1Gd corps with 9Gd and 2C in the Strasbourg area.

E. The Saxony corps with 7 Saxon I and 1 Saxon C and the BERNADOTTE leader in the northernmost 4-forage area in Bavaria.

F. The Poland corps with 4 Polish I and 2 Polish C in the Warsaw area.

G. 1 corps and 1A corps with 6I and 5A in the Zara area .

H. 1 corps with 12I and 3C and 1 Lombardy corps with 8 Lombard I and 1 Lombard C and the EUGENE leader in the Venice area.

I. 2 Polish I in any Polish city (Poland = Posen and Masovia provinces).

J. 2M in Ulm.

K. 1 depot each in the Venice, Stuttgart, Strasbourg and Warsaw areas

13.3.1.2 AUSTRIAN FORCES: The Austrian forces are setup second.

A. 2 corps with 24I, 2M. 2C in any Bohemia province area or areas

B. 4 corps and 2Gd corps with 48I. 10Gd, 7M and 8C, 1Fk and the CHARLES leader in the Linz area.

C. 1 corps with 9I, 1C in any East Galicia province area or areas

D. 1Lt corps with 4I in the Karlstadt area

E. 2 corps with 20I and 2C and I Insurrection corps with 15M and 3C and the JOHN leader in the Trieste area.

F. 4M in Vienna.

G. 1 depot each in the Vienna, Prague, Krakow and Trieste areas plus 3 other depots in any 3 other areas in Austrian controlled provinces.

13.3.2 STARTING MONEY: Austria starts the game with $20 and France starts with no money

13.3.3 CONTROL:

FRENCH controlled territory consists of the French home nation plus Illyria, Magdeburg and Tyrol as ceded provinces. Baden, Berg, Duchies, Flanders, Kleves, Hesse, Holland, Hanover, Venetia, Switzerland, Palatinate, Papacy, Romagna, Tuscany and Piedmont as conquered minor countries and Bavaria, Wurttemburg, Saxony, Lombardy and Poland (Posen and Masovia) as minor free states

AUSTRIAN controlled territory consists of the Austrian home nation less Illyria and Tyrol province.

13.3.4 REINFORCEMENTS:

13.3.4.1 FRENCH: 5 money points per Turn. Other reinforcements are as follows'

A. In May, the French corps that started with EUGENE receives 13M and/or they may be placed as garrisons in Venetia and/or Lombardy

B. In May, any one eligible French corps may receive 3M.

C. On each Turn after April, place 2 Polish I in Warsaw if it is still controlled by French forces.

D. France may receive 1 new French corps counter of any type per Turn except on the April turn.

13.3.4.2 AUSTRIAN: 3 money points per Turn. Other reinforcements are as follows.

A. The second Insurrection corps is available at full strength (15M, 3C) when activated (see 10.4) and the Tyrol corps with 8I is also available for placement (see 10.1.5).

B. On each Turn after April, 2M are placed in Vienna, Prague and Ofen, if the city is currently Austrian-controlled.

C. On each Turn after April, add 1C to any eligible corps

D. Austria may receive 1 new corps counter of any type per Turn except in the April Turn.

13.3.5 TIME: The game begins in April, 1809 and ends in July, 1809

There is no French April sequence (start the game with the Austrian sequence of the April Land Phase).

13.3.6 SPECIAL RULES:

A. All French leaders' strategic ratings (but not those of the corps' intrinsic rating) are reduced by one in addition to any other alterations, for the April Turn only.

B. When the French A corps first enters Vienna, it adds 5 artillery factors to its strength.

C. When an Austrian corps is in Poland at the beginning of any Reinforcement Phase it will either lose one army factor or increase the Polish corps by two Polish infantry factors, at the Austrian player's choice.

D. The number of French national corps on the map at any time cannot exceed the guard corps, the artillery corps, 4 cavalry corps and 6 corps. The French have only 5 depots available for this scenario.

13.3.7 VICTORY:

A. The Austrian player wins immediately if NAPOLEON is killed or captured.

B. The Austrian player wins if, at the end of the scenario he has suffered less combat losses than the French player and the French player has suffered at least 20 combat losses.

C. The French player wins if, at the end of the scenario. the Austrian player has suffered at least 30 combat losses and at least 20 more than the French player.

D. Any other result is a draw

[ 13.4 ] THE 1812 SCENARIO: The ultimate clash of arms in Napoleonic times is recreated in this scenario, wherein both players must skillfully combine caution with aggression across the sweeping plains of Russia.

13.4.1 FORCES SETUP:

13.4.1.1 RUSSIAN FORCES: The Russian forces are setup first.

A. 5 corps, 1Gd corps, 3C corps and 1A corps with 10Gd, 46I, 10C and 10A, 2Ck and the BARCLAY and WITTGENSTEIN leaders in or within one area of the Kovno area.

B. 2 corps and 1C corps with 22I and 4C, 1Ck and the BAGRATION leader in or within one area of the Brest-Litovsk area.

C. 2 corps and 1C corps with 18I and 4C and the TORMASSOV leader in the 4-forage area in Polesia province.

D. 2 corps with 16I and 2C in the any Moldavia province area.

E. 10I in Sveaborg

F. 15I shared in any manner between Riga and Vitebsk.

G. 25I distributed to any of the other cities within the Russian major power (maximum of 5 per provincial capital or 2 per any other city)

H. 6 depots are placed within the Russian major power.

13.4.1.2 FRENCH FORCES: The French forces are setup second

A. 1 Prussian corps with 10 Prussian I,4 Prussian M and 1 Prussian C in the Konigsberg area.

B. 4 corps, 1Gd corps, 2C corps and 1A corps with 53I, 15M, 20Gd, 19C and 12A and the NAPOLEON, DAVOUT, MURAT, and NEY leaders in an area or areas in or within 2 areas of the Thorn area but not adjacent to the Russian border

C. The Venetia corps with 8 Venetian I. The Lombardy corps with 13 Lombard I. the Bavaria corps with 12 Bavarian I and 1C corps with 5C and the EUGENE leader in the Thorn area

D. The Poland corps and the Poland C corps with 16 Polish I and 6 Polish C. the Saxony corps with 7 Saxon I and 1 Saxon C and the Hanover corps with 8 Hanoverian I and 1 Hanoverian C and the JEROME leader in an area or areas in or within one area of the Warsaw area but not adjacent to the Russian border

E. 1 Austrian corps with 15 Austrian I and 1 Austrian C in the Lemberg area.

F. 6M in Konigsberg and 5 Polish I in Warsaw

G. 1 depot each in the Thorn, Konigsberg, Warsaw and Lemberg areas.

13.4.2 STARTING MONEY: Russia starts the game with $10 and France starts with $25

13.4.3 CONTROL:

RUSSIAN controlled territory consists of the Russian home nation and Bessarabia as a ceded province and Finland as a conquered minor country

FRENCH controlled territory consists of Poland as a minor free state (consisting of Masovia. West Galicia and Posen)

13.4.4 REINFORCEMENTS:

13.4.4.1 RUSSIAN: 7 money points per Turn. Other reinforcements are as follows.

A. In July, 15M are placed in Moscow. 10M are placed in Smolensk. and 8I are placed in Kiev. The ALEXANDER leader must be placed with any corps at this time

B. In September, the KUTUSOV leader is placed with any corps.

C. Beginning in August, Russia receives IM per Turn in each unbesieged Russian-controlled provincial capital of a province containing an enemy corps and an additional IM each in St. Petersburg, Moscow and Kiev.

D. 1Ck is placed in any Russian-controlled cossack (C) province per Turn, up to the counter-mix limit (6 maximum).

E. Russia may place any number of new corps counters of any type in areas with existing Russian corps each turn.

13.4.4.2 FRENCH: 7 money points per Turn. Other reinforcements are as follows

A. In August. remove the JEROME leader.

B. In September, 1 corps with 51 and 11M is placed in Warsaw

C. In November, 2 corps with 5I and 20M are placed in Warsaw

13.4.5 TIME: This game begins in June. 1812 and ends in February, 1813, unless ended earlier by victory conditions.

13.4.6 SPECIAL RULES:

A. Only the Eastern map is used.

B. The Alexander leader may never be taken off the map (as per 10.6.2) once placed

C. The French can use Lemberg as a supply source

D. The Russian corps that starts in Moldavia may only move to an area in Russia before being able to move elsewhere.

E. Both sides may enter and garrison the provinces of East Galicia and East Prussia

F. The Prussian and Austrian corps will "go home" (are removed, along with all remaining army factors of their nationality, even if detached) whenever their losses equal or exceed 50 percent of their starting strength.

G. The number of French national corps on the map at anyone time cannot exceed the guard corps. the artillery corps, 4 cavalry corps and 6 corps. The French have only 5 depots available for this scenario

13.4.7 VICTORY:

A. The French player wins immediately if (I) the ALEXANDER leader is killed or captured or (2) if at any time after August, Russian losses (including forage losses but not reinforcements that are not placed) are three times those of the French and total at least 50 factors, or (3) if the French have at some time occupied Moscow, St Petersburg and Kiev.

B. The Russian player wins immediately if the NAPOLEON leader is killed or captured, or, if at any time, a Russian factor occupies the cities of Konigsberg and Warsaw

C. The Russian player wins at the end of the game unless the French have at some time occupied any two of-St. Petersburg, Moscow, Kiev.

D. Any other result is a draw.

[ 13.5 ] THE 1813-1814 DER BEFREIUNGSKRIEG SCENARIO: Following the disaster in Russia, the Central European powers foresaw the possibility of liberation. While talking peace the German powers prepared for war

13.5.1 FORCES SETUP:

13.5.1.1 ALLIED FORCES: The Allied forces are setup first

13.5.1.1.1 Russian Forces:

A. 1Gd corps, 1 corps, 1C corps and 1A corps with 3Gd, 6I, 5C and 6A and the ALEXANDER and TORMASSOV leaders in the Dresden area.

B. 2 corps and 1 C corps with 8I and 3C and the WITTGENSTEIN leader in the Leipzig area

C. 1 corps and 1C corps with 5I and 3C in the Wittenberg area

D. 1 corps with 7I and 1C and the BARCLAY leader in the Thorn area (a portion of this area shows on the western map but the name is on the eastern map).

E. 1 corps with 3I in the Mecklenburg area F. 1 corps with 4I besieging Glogau

G. 1 corps with 8I besieging Danzig.

H. I corps with 4I besieging Stettin

I. 1 corps with 4I besieging Kustrin

J. 2I in Hamburg.

K. 3Ck in any area(s) containing any Allied corps.

L. 2 Swedish corps with 12 Swedish I and 3 Swedish C and the BERNADOTTE leader besieging Stettin.

M. Up to 4 Russian depots in Prussian and/or Saxon areas.

13.5.1.1.2 Prussian Forces:

A. 1Gd corps and 1 corps with 1Gd. 6I, 2M and 2C and the BLUCHER leader in the Dresden area.

B. 2 corps with 5I, 1M and 1C and the YORCK leader in the Leipzig area.

C. 1 corps with 3I, IM and 1C in the Wittenberg area.

D. 5I and 5M and 1 Fk in Berlin.

E. Up to 3 Prussian depots anywhere in Prussia and/or Saxony.

13.5.1.2 FRENCH FORCES: The French forces are setup second

A. 2 corps and 1C corps plus garrisons with 221, 5M and 3C and the EUGENE leader in the Magdeburg area

B. 1 corps with 7I and 8M and the NEY leader in the northernmost area of Baden

C. 2 corps and 1Gd corps plus garrisons with 8I, 15M, 2Gd and 2C and the NAPOLEON and SOULT leaders in the Mainz area.

D. 1 corps and 1C corps with 8I, 2M and 6C and the DAVOUT leader in Hanover adjacent to the Hamburg area

E. 1 corps with 9M in the Strasbourg area

F. The Bavaria corps with 13 Bavarian I and 2 Bavarian C in the Nuremburg area.

G. 151 besieged in Danzig.

H. 3I besieged in Glogau.

I. 1I besieged in Stettin.

J. 1I besieged in Kustrin.

K. 3I in Erfurt.

L. 5 Danish I in Copenhagen.

M. 1 depot each in the Magdeburg, Mainz and Strasbourg areas.

13.5.2 STARTING MONEY: Russia starts the game with $6, Prussia starts with $3 and France starts with $4. Austria, when it enters, starts with $6.

13.5.3 CONTROL:

RUSSIAN controlled territory consists of Sweden (and Finland) as a minor free state. Also, since no part of the Russian home nation is on the western map, the Russians may use (when controlled) the Breslau, Posen, Stettin and/or Danzig areas as supply sources.

PRUSSIAN controlled territory consists of the Prussian home nation less Magdeburg province plus Mecklenburg as a conquered minor country

AUSTRIAN controlled territory consists of the Austrian home nation less Tyrol and Illyria provinces. Saxony is covered by the Special Rules.

FRENCH controlled territory consists of the French home nation plus Magdeburg and Tyrol as ceded provinces, Kleves, Duchies, Holland, Flanders, Palatinate, and Berg as conquered minors countries and Bavaria, Baden, Denmark, Wurttemburg, Hanover and Hesse as minor free states.

13.5.4 REINFORCEMENTS:

13.5.4.1 RUSSIAN: 2 money points every Turn. Other reinforcements are as follows.

A. In September, 3 corps and 1C corps with 191, 7M and 2C and the BENNIGSEN leader in the Danzig area.

B. Any number of available corps counters on any and/or every Turn

C. Beginning in May, 1813,3I, 1C, 1A and 1Ck (maximum 3 on the map at one time) are available at any eligible location(s) every Turn.

13.5.4.2 PRUSSIAN: 1 money point every Turn. Other reinforcements are as follows.

A. Any number of available corps counters on any and/or every Turn

B. Beginning in May. 1813, 1M is available at any eligible location every Turn.

C. During the June, September, December and March Turns, 1Fk (if available) in the Berlin area.

13.5.4.3 AUSTRIANS: 3 money points every Turn, after they enter the war. Other reinforcements are as follows:

A. Any number of available corps counters on any and/or every turn after the Austrian entry .

B. Beginning with Austrian entry, 1I and IC are available at any eligible location(s) every Turn.

C. During the June, September, December and March Turns, IFk (if available) in the Vienna area

13.5.4.4 FRENCH: 2 money points every Turn. Other reinforcements are as follows.

A. In August, the MURAT leader is placed with any C corps.

B. In September, the Gd corps receives 5Gd.

C. In September, place one corps with 5M in the Erfurt area.

D. On every Turn after Apri11813, the French player receives 3M which can be placed in any eligible corps. He also places 1M in Paris (one die roll's worth if the NAPOLEON leader is there)

E. On every second Turn (May, July, September, etc.), 1C can be added to any eligible corps.

F. Up to 1 new corps counter of any type per Turn

G. In June, remove the SOULT leader.

13.5.5 TIME: The game begins in April, 1813 and ends in April, 1814.

13.5.6 SPECIAL RULES:

A. Only the Western Map is used

B. Until Austria has entered the war, no units may enter or retreat into Austrian-controlled territory

C. The Bavarian corps may not move until attacked or until Austria has entered the war

D. Both players may enter Saxony. When the French first occupy Dresden, the French player receives control of the full strength Saxon corps (81 and 2C) in that area. Thereafter, for as long as it lasts, the Saxon corps and/or any detached army factors are controlled by the player controlling Dresden-it is not removed when the control of the Saxon free state changes

E. (OPTIONAL)The Swedish corps may only move in an Allied Land Movement Step if the Allied player rolls a I, 2, or 3 with one die.

F. ARMISTICE: Either player may ask for an armistice at the beginning of any Turn after May, 1813. If the other player agrees to it, then an "armistice" will occur for that arid the following month. If the French side has broken in any combat in which NAPOLEON commanded then the French player may not refuse an Allied request for an armistice. The Allied player may not refuse a French request for an armistice prior to (but excluding) September, 1813, if an unbesieged French factor currently occupies Berlin. Each player may make any number of armistice requests but there may only ever be one armistice. An armistice request may not be made in 1814. Units may only be moved such that they end their movement closer (in areas) towards Paris (if French) or Berlin (if Allied) than the area from which they started movement during the two months of an armistice. Furthermore, combat is not allowed during an armistice (therefore units may not move such that an attack is required under 7.3.7. Sieges may continue but siege assaults or defender attacks may not be attempted. Special reinforcements are placed at the beginning of the armistice.

(1) The allies add 4 Prussian I, 1 Prussian Gd, 5 Prussian C and 30 Prussian M and as many corps as are necessary to accommodate them, in or with any existing Prussian corps. Add 25 Russian I, 3 Russian Gd, 10 Russian C, and 10 Russian M, and as many Russian corps as are necessary to accommodate them, in or with any existing Russian corps. Remove the WITTGENSTEIN leader . Bring the Russian A corps up to full strength. Austria is now in the war on the allied side. For the Austrians, place 2Gd corps, 1Lt corps, 3 corps and 1C corps with 8Gd, 18I, 6M and 11C and the SCHWARZENBERG leader in any area or areas of Bohemia province. Place 2 corps with 121, IM, and 2C anywhere in Austria outside of Bohemia province. The Austrian Fk is placed in Vienna. Place 4 Austrian depots anywhere in Austrian territory. The Tyrol corps, at a full strength of 8I is available for placement (see 10.1.5), as are the two insurrection corps (see 10.1.4) at full strength.

(2) The French add 7Gd, 5I, 15M, and 10C to any appropriate corps. The French player also receives 10 money. Place the French A corps with 8A in any area containing a French corps. Place the Polish corps with 3 Polish I and 1 Polish C in any area containing a French corps.

G. When an Allied force loses a battle on the edge of the map it must be retreated onto an adjacent friendly depot or, if this is not possible, off the map. A force retreated off the map may not return.

H. The number of French national corps on the map at anyone time cannot exceed the guard corps, the artillery corps, 4 cavalry corps and 6 corps. The French have only 5 of their depots available for the scenario.

13.5.7 VICTORY:

A. The Allied player wins immediately if NAPOLEON is killed or captured.

B. If either player asks for an armistice and the other player agrees to it, the French player will win the scenario unless, at some time the Allies player has a factor in Paris in which case the Allied player wins immediately.

C. If neither player asks for armistice or one asks but the other player does not agreed to it, the Allied player will win the scenario at the end of April, 1814 unless there are at that time no unbesieged Allied (non-cossack or freikorps) factors on the map in which case the French player wins.

[ 13.6] THE PENINSULAR WAR SCENARIO (1808-1814): Fresh from his victories in Central Europe, and with Tilsit leaving most of Europe under his control, Napoleon decided it was time to solve the problems in Spain. Who then could have foreseen the next six grisly years?

13.6.1 FORCES SETUP:

13.6.1.1 ALLIED FORCES: The Allied forces are setup first.

13.6.1.1.1 Spanish Forces:

A. 1 corps with 121, 4M and 2C and the BLAKE leader in the Corunna area.

B. 1 corps with 3I and the DE LA CUESTA leader in the Leon area (area containing the city only).

C. 1 corps with 5I, 3M and 2C in any area adjacent to the Barcelona area (excluding the Gerona area)

D. 1 corps with 4I and 2M in the Cuidad Real area.

E. 2 corps with 1Gd, 9I, 3M and 4C and the CASTANOS leader in the Seville area.

F. 1 corps with 4I, 4M and 1C in the Valencia area (area containing the city only)

G. 5M in Saragossa

H. 2 depots anywhere in Spain.

13.6.1.1.2 British Forces: 31 and I depot in Gibraltar.

13.6.1.2 FRENCH FORCES: The French forces are setup second.

A. 1 corps with 7I, 4M and 2C and the MURAT leader in the Madrid area.

B. 1 corps with 5I, 2M and 1C in the Burgos area.

C. 1 corps with 3I besieging Saragossa.

D. 1 corps with 6M in the Barcelona area

E. 1 corps with 3I and 1M in any area adjacent to the Valencia (city) area.

F. 1 corps with 5I and 5M in the clear area between the Seville and Cuidad Real areas.

G. 1 corps with 9I. 2M and 2C in the Lisbon area.

H. 1 corps with 17I. 6M and 2C in the Bayonne area.

I. 1M in San Sebastian

J. 4I in Perpignan.

K. 3 depots anywhere in France or with a corps or garrison in Spain.

13.6.2 STARTING MONEY: Spain starts the game with no money. Britain starts with $10 and France starts with $8

13.6.3 CONTROL:

SPANISH controlled territory consists of the Spanish home nation.

BRITISH controlled territory consists of Portugal as a minor free state and Gibraltar as a conquered minor country .

FRENCH controlled territory consists of the French home nation

13.6.4 REINFORCEMENTS:

13.6.4.1 SPAIN: 1 money point every Turn. Other reinforcements are as follows.

A. August. 1808. 1 corps with 8I is placed in any coastal area of Spain or Portugal. but may not be moved during that Turn's Land Movement Step.

B. Starting in July, 1808 1I and 2M per Turn may be placed in anyone unbesieged Spanish-controlled city or eligible corps.

C. 1C every 3 months (Jan., Apr., July, Oct.) is placed with any eligible Spanish corps.

D. Up to 1 new corps counter of any type per Turn

13.6.4.2 BRITAIN: 7 money points every Turn. Other reinforcements are as follows:

A. August, 1808. 1 corps with 6I and the WELLINGTON leader are placed (see Special Rule B. for placement).

B. August, 1808. 1 Portuguese corps with 2I in any area in Portugal.

C. September, 1808, withdraw the WELLINGTON leader

D. September, 1808, 1 corps and 1C corps with 13I and 2C and the MOORE leader are placed (see Special Rule B. for placement).

E. May, 1809, the WELLINGTON leader is placed with any unbesieged corps.

F. From October, 1808 on, 1C every 6 months (Oct., Apr.) and 1 Portuguese C every 6 months. (Jan. , July) with any eligible corps.

G. From January, 1811, 1I per Turn.

H. Up to 1 new British or Portuguese corps counter of any type per Turn.

13.6.4.3 FRENCH REINFORCEMENTS: 5 money points every Turn Other reinforcements are as follows:

A. July, 1808, withdraw the MURAT leader.

B. October, 1808, 3 corps and 1Gd Corps with 6Gd, 42I, 9M and 10C and the NAPOLEON and NEY leaders placed in the Bayonne and/or Perpignan areas A bonus of $10 is also available.

C. November, 1808, 2 corps with 10I, 2M and 6C and the SOULT leader placed in the Bayonne and/or Perpignan areas. A bonus of $5 is also available.

D. January, 1809, withdraw the NAPOLEON leader, even if besieged.

E. February, 1809, withdraw the Gd corps with all Gd and 2C (the cavalry may come from elsewhere if not in the Gd corps). This corps is removed from the game and is no longer available as a reinforcement). For each Gd factor less than 5 available for withdrawal, the French player must remove 21 or 4M from any unbesieged garrison or corps.

F. March, 1809, withdraw 3I from any unbesieged garrison or corps.

G. January, 1810, the MASSENA leader is placed with any unbesieged corps A bonus of $5 is also available.

H. April, 1810, 2 corps with 20I, 8M, 2C placed in the Bayonne area.

I. April, 1811, withdraw the NEY leader, even if besieged, and 10I from any unbesieged garrison or corps.

K. February, 1813, withdraw the SOULT leader, even if besieged, and 8I and 2C from any unbesieged garrison or corps.

L. July, 1814, the SOULT leader is placed with any unbesieged corps. A bonus of $5 is also available.

M. From August, 1808 to December. 1811, 21 and 2M per Turn and 1C every 3 months in any eligible corps (Jan., Apr., Jul, Oct.)

N. From January, 1812, 1I and 2M per Turn and IC every 6 months in any eligible corps (Jan., Jul.).

O. Up to I new corps counter per Turn, as long as it is not the same Turn as a particular corps counter is removed.

13.6.5 TIME: The game begins in June, 1808 and ends in April, 1814 unless ended sooner due to either player achieving a decisive victory. There is no French June, 1808 sequence (start the game with the Allied sequence of the June, 1808 Land Phase.

13.6.6 SPECIAL RULES:

A. COUNTER LIMITS: The maximum corps counter limits are follows.

Spain may have up to all of its corps but no more than 2 depots.

Great Britain may have no more than 2 corps, the C corps and the Portuguese corps.

France may use only the Gd corps (from October, 1808 to February , 1909 only) and regular infantry corps (no artillery or cavalry corps) in this scenario. There may not be more than a total of 10 corps from June, 1808 through March. 1809 and from August. 1809 through March, 1812. From April, 1809 through July, 1809 and from April, 1812 to the end of the game the limit is no more than 6 corps. Army factors in any corps that are removed are eliminated. All French depots are available from June, 1808 through March, 1809 and from August, 1809 through March, 1812. No more than 3 French depots may be on the map during all other Turns (remove any excess during a Depot Creation/Removal Step of an appropriate Turn)

B. ALLIED NAVAL ALLOCATION: To represent Allied naval strength, each Turn the Allied player may move one corps from any coastal area of Gibraltar, Spain or Portugal to any other coastal area of Gibraltar, Spain, or Portugal. This consumes all of the corps' movement allowance. British reinforcements A. and D. are the naval allocation for the August and September 1808 Turns (even though D has 2 corps, in this case both can be placed during one Turn)

C. SUPPLY SOURCES:

French: Bayonne, Toulouse, Perpignan only.

Spanish: Any friendly controlled city in Spain.

British and Portuguese: Any friendly controlled city in Portugal or friendly controlled port city in Spain or Gibraltar Allied forces in a port are in supply if the British player spends $1 for each such corps or besieged garrison plus $1 extra for each such city. This payment is a form of regular supply which is available in port cities and their areas. Such forces may not have been force marched

D. Required army factors for withdrawals are withdrawn from any unbesieged corps or garrison. If no army factors of the correct type are available to withdraw, the French player does not have to withdraw them

E. Guerillas are used (see 10.1.1).

F. The British may freely give money points to the Spanish every Turn, if desired

G. Option 12.3.2 may, if used, be applied to Portuguese forces two years after the British gain control of Lisbon.

13.6.7 VICTORY:

A. The French player wins a decisive victory if at any time he controls every city in Spain and Portugal (this excludes Gibraltar and Palma).

B. The Allied player wins a decisive victory at any time he controls every city in Spain and Portugal as well as Gibraltar, Toulouse, Bayonne and Perpignan.

C. If no player wins a decisive victory then the French player wins a marginal victory if he controls 5 or more cities in Spain or Portugal at the end of the game while also controlling Toulouse, Bayonne and Perpignan.

D. The Allied player wins a marginal victory if the French player controls less than 2 cities in Spain or Portugal.

E. Any other result is a draw.

(in reply to hlj)
Post #: 5
RE: New scenarios? - 9/9/2005 5:40:07 PM   
jamo262

Patrick Havert had a website with some alternative campaigns and senario rules. From memory they included the seven years war, the wars of the Austrian and spanish secessions and a french revolution senario.

He had a good web site with all this material displayed but last time i checked it wasnt functioning but try

http://members.fortunecity.com/lobodeoro080888/eia/1740scen.html

and/or

http://members.fortunecity.com/lobodeoro080888/eia/

I think if you wish to expand the game in scope and time frame these wars of the 18th century are adaptable to the game system but might require a degreee of "moding"

(in reply to j-s)
Post #: 6
RE: New scenarios? - 9/10/2005 2:40:40 AM   
Windfire

I would like to see a revolutionary war campaign. The 1788 one from Empires in Harm looks like it captures the flavor of that time very well.

(in reply to jamo262)
Post #: 7
RE: New scenarios? - 9/11/2005 11:48:48 AM   
j-s

quote:

ORIGINAL: jamo262

Patrick Havert had a website with some alternative campaigns and senario rules. From memory they included the seven years war, the wars of the Austrian and spanish secessions and a french revolution senario.

These are what I ment. If Matrix Games sometimes release for example "EiA - French revolutional wars 1792" scenario that needs a basic game to use, I am ready to buy that. If a basic EiA is a good game

For basic game a Grand Campaign is inaf, but if Matrix wants to do extra products in future, please use:

Thanks

(in reply to jamo262)
Post #: 8
RE: New scenarios? - 9/12/2005 4:57:53 PM   
Nordiska

Somewhat off topic, but will the optional rules of playing Sweden as a major power be available in the grand campaign?

(in reply to j-s)
Post #: 9
RE: New scenarios? - 4/9/2007 3:51:55 PM   
bOrIuM

Hey,

We did a new scenario for EiA, its the Spanish succession War (combined to the north war, was at the same time) the war of 1702. We did a deep research to do this scenario and we based our scenario on another one we found online adapted to the reality. If you'd like to have the scenario just tell me and I can send it to you. As its written in French you'll have to understand French until I translate it in english.

By the way, is anyone here in Montreal and would like to play this scenario this summer ? We currently looking for players.

(in reply to j-s)
Post #: 10
RE: New scenarios? - 4/16/2007 10:49:09 PM   
1LTRambo

I don't have my manuel to reference like hlj right now because mine is at home and I'm in a distant land. However, I do believe your missing the Grand Campaign which starts in 1805 but has a different set up than the 1805 introductory campaign.

(in reply to hlj)
Post #: 11
RE: New scenarios? - 4/16/2007 11:37:44 PM   
Paper Tiger

At the moment we only appear to have the 1914-18 scenario, you know the one where you sit around for months on end with only the occassional gas attack to distract you...

(in reply to 1LTRambo)
Post #: 12
RE: New scenarios? - 4/17/2007 1:30:15 AM   
1LTRambo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paper Tiger

At the moment we only appear to have the 1914-18 scenario, you know the one where you sit around for months on end with only the occassional gas attack to distract you...

That would appear to be so. However, if you lay off of the mustard, saeurkraut, and sausage, your trench might be more bearable.
Oh! And Fabreeze can also do wonders!

(in reply to Paper Tiger)
Post #: 13
RE: New scenarios? - 4/17/2007 10:13:02 AM   
Paper Tiger

Diet Coke and 5 bean salad :-(
Middle age is showing around my middle

(in reply to 1LTRambo)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> New scenarios? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI