Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does being in a different country than your credit card pause a problem?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Does being in a different country than your credit card pause a problem? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does being in a different country than your credit card... - 9/7/2005 2:08:10 PM   
BossGnome

I am currently on an exchange in Japan for 1 year. I have just tried unsuccessfully (and for the past week!) to buy crown of glory, but the bastard matrix games system turns me down. As I do not have a credit card myself, I used first my father's, which did not work, and then just recently my mother's, which also was turned down, due to some "incorrect information". I'm sorry but I am 100% certain that the information I entered is EXACTLY correct. The phone number is correct, the adress is correct, everything is correct. The only thing is that I am now connecting from Japan, and that, to get better download speed, I have clicked the "other countries" service instead of Canada. Could this be causing a problem? If not, is there ANY WAY to somehow get past this incorrect barring of my demands?

"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
-Gen. Joffre, before the battle of the Marne
Post #: 1
RE: Does being in a different country than your credit ... - 9/8/2005 2:43:57 AM   
Bodhi

If the shipping address is half-way round the world from the credit card billing address it often sets alarm bells ringing in on-line credit card authentication.

Bodhi

(in reply to BossGnome)
Post #: 2
RE: Does being in a different country than your credit ... - 9/8/2005 9:38:27 AM   
BossGnome

yeah but the thing is I am not ordering any shipping... just a digital download...

"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 3
RE: Does being in a different country than your credit ... - 9/8/2005 9:46:31 AM   
Bodhi

It's probably tracking your IP domain location.

Bodhi

(in reply to BossGnome)
Post #: 4
RE: Does being in a different country than your credit ... - 9/8/2005 10:54:35 AM   
BossGnome

... are you japanese man? Where are you living? I am in Saitama Shi. And do you know if there are any ways around this problem? Because I really am not trying to do anything illegal here...

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 5
RE: Does being in a different country than your credit ... - 9/8/2005 11:09:34 AM   
Bodhi

One option would be to get your father to make the purchase then send you the download link and password (he'd just need to forward the receipt email). I guess that'd work, unless DR track IPs on downloading. Or try the wire transfer option. Or ask matrix for the best way to go. support@matrixgames.com

PS. I'm in Kyoto.

Bodhi

(in reply to BossGnome)
Post #: 6
RE: Does being in a different country than your credit ... - 10/13/2005 6:19:09 PM   
krispyos

Oi, I'm in Tokyo and getting the same problem... strangely, I was able to purchase Uncommon Valor naught but a couple of weeks ago under the same circumstances...

敗軍の将は兵を語らず

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Does being in a different country than your credit card pause a problem? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI