Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PureSim 2006

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: PureSim 2006 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PureSim 2006 - 10/1/2005 1:54:49 AM   
ChrisJohnson

Let me add my hearty support for item #2. That is what is keeping many OOTP online vets like myself from seriously considering a major PureSim adoption. If the multiplayer system works as advertised and there will be multiple minor league levels, I will probably start a PureSim multiplayer league.

(in reply to DandricSturm)
Post #: 31
RE: PureSim 2006 - 10/2/2005 2:39:43 PM   
puresimmer

Hey!

Are you the same Chris Johnson I remember from the early days of PureSim? Welcome!

I actually have a pretty good idea how I am going to implement this feature (Multiple Minor League Levels) in PS 2006. I'll post info on that soon.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to ChrisJohnson)
Post #: 32
RE: PureSim 2006 - 10/2/2005 4:52:31 PM   
ChrisJohnson

C'est moi . I sent you an email. Best of luck.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 33
RE: PureSim 2006 - 10/2/2005 8:59:28 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

One thing that I really like about the multiple levels of minor leagues is that, at least for me, it will serve as a guide on promoting players. Right now, the most difficult part of running my team is the big decision of when it's the right time to bring a young star up from the minors.

I once remember in a post (back on the Puresim/EZBoard forum) from Abev where he mentioned that bringing up a rookie too soon could hurt/limit his potential. Obviously, as this defeats the entire purpose of promoting someone, since I read that post, I have always been nervous about moving someone from the minors to the big leagues- at the risk of moving them too soon and seeing them flop.

Multiple minors allows me to gradually move them from A, to AA, etc. little by little and seeing the effects, without substantial risk to their potential. Thanks for the implementation Shaun, this is going to have a HUGE postive effect on my already-solid love of this game by removing one of my (very, very few) 'issues' remaining in the game.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: PureSim 2006 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI