Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I Thought This Got Fixed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> I Thought This Got Fixed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I Thought This Got Fixed - 9/27/2005 5:19:23 PM   
jubail1999

Playing PBEM with stock scenario 15, program version 1.6. I set a mission for 2 squadrons of aircraft to Naval Attack with a secondary mission of Airfield attack. In AM turn they attacked ships, and in PM turn they both attacked the airfield. Hey, great for me, but I was under the impression that this bug got squashed in version 1.5. Am I mistaken?
Post #: 1
RE: I Thought This Got Fixed - 9/27/2005 6:23:22 PM   
ADavidB

quote:

ORIGINAL: jubail1999

Playing PBEM with stock scenario 15, program version 1.6. I set a mission for 2 squadrons of aircraft to Naval Attack with a secondary mission of Airfield attack. In AM turn they attacked ships, and in PM turn they both attacked the airfield. Hey, great for me, but I was under the impression that this bug got squashed in version 1.5. Am I mistaken?

Why do you think that it is a "bug"? It almost sounds like a "feature" to me...

I'm guessing that the "Great Dice Gawd in the Machine" decided that your guys couldn't find those ships for the second air turn and so sent the planes off to hit the airbase.

The moral of the story is - don't mix up missions unless you really, really want to...

Cheers -

Dave Baranyi

(in reply to jubail1999)
Post #: 2
RE: I Thought This Got Fixed - 9/28/2005 8:01:22 AM   
dpstafford

quote:

ORIGINAL: jubail1999

You are mistaken. It is not a bug. That's the way it is supposed to work IMO.

(in reply to jubail1999)
Post #: 3
RE: I Thought This Got Fixed - 9/28/2005 9:38:51 AM   
ChezDaJez

I think you might be getting confused with the Pearl harbor issue of the Japanese setting naval attack primary and port secondary and blasting the heck out of the battleships on the 7 December.

Chez

Ret Navy AWCS (1972-1998)
VP-5, Jacksonville, Fl 1973-78
ASW Ops Center, Rota, Spain 1978-81
VP-40, Mt View, Ca 1981-87
Patrol Wing 10, Mt View, CA 1987-90
ASW Ops Center, Adak, Ak 1990-92
NRD Seattle 1992-96
VP-46, Whidbey Isl, Wa 1996-98

(in reply to jubail1999)
Post #: 4
RE: I Thought This Got Fixed - 9/28/2005 3:14:37 PM   
saj42

My memory is somewhat shakey but I read somewhere that if the primary mission is Naval attack and the distance is short, then there is a chance the sqaudons will also launch their secondary attack in the p.m. phase. How you define 'short' is a mystery.

Banner by rogueusmc

(in reply to jubail1999)
Post #: 5
RE: I Thought This Got Fixed - 9/28/2005 4:29:50 PM   
michaelm75au

I think this is what you are referring to from patch 1.5
quote:

53) Assigning a primary mission to air groups with a secondary mission of port attack sometimes allowed the groups to fly both missions in a single day. Fixed.

IIRC, what this was doing was letting aircraft attack ships in AM and PM of the same turn without regard to range. ie only can fly AM and PM if "short ranged" as mentioned above.

Michael

(in reply to saj42)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> I Thought This Got Fixed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI