Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

13.1 Ambush?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> 13.1 Ambush? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
13.1 Ambush? - 9/28/2005 12:54:09 AM   
Laszlo

There is some references to section 13.1 in a number of places in the BOH-rulebook, for example 8.0 "Unless modified for Ambush (13.1) or...". The problem is that there is no 13.1. The question is where can i find the text about Ambush?

/Laz
Post #: 1
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 9/28/2005 1:45:09 AM   
Adam Parker

It's a rule in the Forgotten Heroes Vietnam rulebook relating to a special characteristic of the Viet Cong!

(in reply to Laszlo)
Post #: 2
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 9/28/2005 1:53:08 AM   
Adam Parker

Firepower of the VC is tripled for the 1st round of melee if it enters melee without the target having LOS to it at the start. This 1st round of melee is considered non-simultaneous with enemy dead removed before replying.

Keep your Claymores handy

Cheers,
Adam.

(in reply to Laszlo)
Post #: 3
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 9/28/2005 4:14:21 PM   
Laszlo

Ok, thanks everybody. I think it wasn't supposed to be any Ambush-rules in BOH, so its just errata.

/Laz

(in reply to Laszlo)
Post #: 4
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 9/28/2005 4:32:42 PM   
stevel40831

quote:

ORIGINAL: Laszlo

Ok, thanks everybody. I think it wasn't supposed to be any Ambush-rules in BOH, so its just errata.

/Laz

No, I wouldn't call it "errata" as the rule book is intended to be a compilation of previous mods where rules are combined into one handy location. I don't think it's stated in the rulebook, but, I've seen it quoted on a forum somewhere (maybe here, not sure). By not stating this it is certainly a bit confusing, plus, not all the rules are combined. For example, I bought LnL Vietnam a few weeks ago to get the hang of the game system while waiting for BOH. Once I got BOH I stopped reading the rules to the other game as they were supposed to be the final answer to all previous mods. However, the new rules don't mention that "ambushes" are in the Vietnam mod, plus, there are no national characteristics for the VC/NVA units in the new book. A good idea, a good effort, but, missing a few things here and there.

(in reply to Laszlo)
Post #: 5
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 9/29/2005 8:24:04 AM   
Magua

I think it was a bad idea including the rules for both (all) LnL games under one cover. It clutters the rules for this game with information that is unnecessary, and confusing. It reminds me of whenever I buy electronics and have to wade through instructions in three or four different languages. Except that with the different languages it's obvious what I don't need to read.

Perhaps Mark/Matrix might want to borrow a page from the old SPI Quad Series of games. Anyone who recalls those systems might remember that they had a "basic" rulebook that would provide the basic rules that applied to all of the games. Then, each game would include a separate rules booklet specific to that game. I thought it was a great system -- clear and very easy to use.

(in reply to stevel40831)
Post #: 6
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 9/29/2005 6:11:19 PM   
puck4604

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magua

I think it was a bad idea including the rules for both (all) LnL games under one cover. It clutters the rules for this game with information that is unnecessary, and confusing.

See, I feel just the opposite.

It's easier to skip sections (ie-Helicopters) that have nothing to do with whatever scenario I'm running than to have separate rulebooks for everything.

It's almost like saying that the Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook should have been broken down into the myriad classes, skills, and feats for the individual races. Why? All of the rules should be in one convenient place.

Even so, it seems some rules were left out of this version of LnL, and I would like to have had them included (if such were feasible). It's much easier to skip a section I don't need than to have a handful of rulebooks cluttering the table.

Thus, there's no pleasing everyone, eh?

< Message edited by puck4604 -- 9/29/2005 6:13:24 PM >

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 7
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 9/30/2005 3:38:09 AM   
Magua

quote:

ORIGINAL: puck4604

Thus, there's no pleasing everyone, eh?

I see your point about lots of supplement type things. Ideally it would be best to have a discreet rulebook for each game, that covers only the rules pertinent to that specific game. I mentioned in an earlier post, that if the notes section for Bocage, hedges, and walls had been included in the rules, as opposed to being on the Player's Reference card, and all references to terrain types that aren't in BoH were also removed, the Terrain Effects table would fit on 8.5 x 11, instead of 11 x 17, making it a lot easier to use. Also by segregating the game's rules, you avoid whacky conflicts, like the reference to the M-79 in the Bocage notes, or the Ambush issue. There is absolutely no benefit that I can see to this infomation to be included in the rules for this game.

If it doesn't contribute to the player's understanding of the game, then it shouldn't be included. At least that's my two cents.

< Message edited by Magua -- 9/30/2005 3:42:18 AM >

(in reply to puck4604)
Post #: 8
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 9/30/2005 4:54:01 AM   
benpark

I don't own the previous incarnation of LnL(not a fan of Vietnam era), so I found the extra rules unnecesary, and at worst-confusing. At one point, a German unit is refered to as "VC". I have no objection to the extra rules for the other games at the end as an addendum to the current ones, in fact it shows a dedication to the previous buyers. I just wish that the Vietnam era stuff was kept completely seperate. It makes a confusing read for those new to the system.

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 9
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 9/30/2005 12:53:10 PM   
markhwalker

Hi Guys,

I have to say that I really like the idea of a complete rules set. In fact, in retrospect, I should have included everything, including the national characteristics for the VC, NVA, and ARVN. I want peple to have a COMPLETE rules set whenever they come into the system.

I think it is most fair to the customer, and the easiest way to track all the rules. I remember the nighmare of SL, COD, COI, and don't want to go there.

Best,

Mark

(in reply to Laszlo)
Post #: 10
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 9/30/2005 6:18:50 PM   
Magua

Well, that is incredibly generous. And I completely understand your concern about the ASL thingie. But from a user's point-of-view, I approach BOH and FH as two different games, not as a single game taking place at different times, or in different theaters, or as a universal system. So I see any references to anything but the game at hand as distracting, and adding to the complexity of learning and understanding the system. All of the extra info also means I have to work harder and take more time when referencing during play -- a very bad thing. The rules become thicker, and the font on the Player's Reference card gets smaller.

I don't think that AH was wrong in how they disseminated their supplements for ASL. I think the method was good. Their problem lay in that they didn't know when to stop. They took a great game, and turned it into something that makes the Bible seem like a weekend read.

Please continue to give this some thought. I think you really want the game and components to continue to be as clean and uncluttered as possible. As my old design teacher used to say, "Less is more."

(in reply to markhwalker)
Post #: 11
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/1/2005 5:26:18 PM   
Adam Parker

No IMO Mark has it right. To make the concept really work though, the charts need to be all inclusive and things such as nationality traits should become appendices.

As things stand the charts could be better. I've already penned 5 notes and DRM's in that are in the rules but would be better if also on the card.

Btw on topic, under the BoH rules I'm now reading, Ambush melee is now considered simultaneous.

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 12
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/1/2005 11:54:53 PM   
Magua

In all due respect, how does adding Helicopters to the rules for BoH make the rules for that game better? Or how does adding a reference to the M-79 in the bocage explanation section on the player's reference card, make that section easier to understand? Or, how does having a Terrain Effects table that is twice the size than it could be, and where one-third to half the information has nothing at all to do with the game you are playing make it easier to use?

The answer is easy. They don't. I understand the seductive power of trying to create a single all-encompassing tome, especially form the point-of-view of the author and perhaps advanced users. But for us more ordinary types, it just makes it all the more difficult to figure out and use. And for the novices, it might just be daunting enough to scare them away.

The fact is, including this extra info, and more, makes learning and playing the game more difficult -- a step that is clearly in the opposite direction from what I understand Mark's intent to be, from his ad copy and responses here in the forum. If one wants a clean, concise and easy to use set of rules, then the last thing you need is to include information that has nothing to do with the game.

(in reply to Adam Parker)
Post #: 13
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/2/2005 1:21:04 AM   
benpark

Here's where the problem lies-I bought the game for the WW2 setting. I have no interest in playing games representing the Vietnam era(though my father is a combat vet 101AB, 1970). So, the rules are simply extra baggage for people like me, and tend to get in the way and create confusion, and a few rather odd situations in the rulebook. In essence, I'm paying for something I don't want-where something else could be printed-a series of play chart for ex.

This does not mean that I feel that those that will buy every LnL game that comes out should be penelized because of rule updates being left out that pertain to older versions. I don't mind if there is a seperate booklet that adds to the other modules, that's more than fine by me. But this raises the spectre of what turned me off to ASL, rules flab.

If the series is going to take on a WW2 setting, seperate rulebooks shouldn't be a big deal-I would be curious to see how much overlap there is between the Vietnam LnL buyers and the WW2 era buyers.

< Message edited by benpark -- 10/2/2005 1:23:49 AM >

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 14
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/2/2005 8:46:28 AM   
Magua

That's a good point. Likewise, I have no interest in gaming Viet Nam. Dunno why. I just don't.

But I also wonder at the can of worms that might be opened by schmooshing it all together. The M-79 reference in the Bocage notes on the Player's Reference card is a perfect example. Here is a situation that will never come up in either game, yet because these features are included in one game or the other, they must be addressed if the rulebook is to be common. Same thing with VN era ATGM's too. There will need to be an explanation as to how these things work (or don't work) with BoH era terrain and target types. Or maybe not.

Well, as I said above, these are concerns from the POV of the "everyday" user. I assume there are economic, as well as creative issues that go into the decision too. And these may very well result in a bottom line that will be the deciding factor.

Okay. Fine. You want me to say it? Okay. I'll say it. I'm old (well, older). I've got the attention span of a two-year old, and the memory of a senior citizen. The shorter, the better. The more clear, the better. The fewer distractions, the better.

Now you'll have to excuse me. There's a Matlock marathon on TV, and I don't want to miss a single episode. Hmmm. Where did I leave my teeth?

< Message edited by Magua -- 10/2/2005 8:48:27 AM >

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 15
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/2/2005 4:04:11 PM   
puck4604

C'mon. What does age have to do with anything?

I'm 38.

Sure, I have to reread some items a few times, but how hard is it really just to skip past the rules you don't need? And if you read about an M-79 being used in a hex with a bocage, sure it makes you pause for a second, but is it really that confusing? It may be if you don't know much about weapons and eras/wars in which they were used, but I'm willing to guess that most people playing LnL (or other squad-level) games know what wars they'll be playing within.

In fact, my only complaint--and it's a minor one--goes with what Adam said several messages above this one. I went ahead and scribbled certain notes on my Player Reference Chart: spotting and the mechanics on how it works; and how combat is sorted out. I'm old and lazy and don't want to have to continually flip open the rulebook...

I'm not personally attacking any of you who believe that the rulebook should have stayed WWII-centric. I just think it would be much easier to buy a series of maps and counters to play future modules in the LnL series over needing several rulebooks, especially since the core rules will never be changing (unless a glaring error appears).

Now, to go catch that M*A*S*H marathon and drink my Metamucil...

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 16
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/2/2005 7:32:01 PM   
Magua

38? Yer a pup. Why, when I was yer age, I...nevermind. Anyway, the age thing was a joke.

quote:

Sure, I have to reread some items a few times, but how hard is it really just to skip past the rules you don't need? And if you read about an M-79 being used in a hex with a bocage, sure it makes you pause for a second, but is it really that confusing? It may be if you don't know much about weapons and eras/wars in which they were used, but I'm willing to guess that most people playing LnL (or other squad-level) games know what wars they'll be playing within.

Seems to me a lot of people were a bit confused about the Ambush reference, and to be honest when I first read the reference to the M-79 in the Bocage notes of the Player's Reference card, I found it so incongruous that I thought it was a reference to a rules section or hex-number at first. In a game about paratroopers in Normandy in WWII, why in the world would we ever be talking about an M-79?

quote:

In fact, my only complaint--and it's a minor one--goes with what Adam said several messages above this one. I went ahead and scribbled certain notes on my Player Reference Chart: spotting and the mechanics on how it works; and how combat is sorted out. I'm old and lazy and don't want to have to continually flip open the rulebook...

I agree, and I can't help but noticing that if the Player's Reference Card wasn't already packed with stuff that has nothing to do with the game, there would be space for just the kind of things you are talking about.

quote:

I'm not personally attacking any of you who believe that the rulebook should have stayed WWII-centric. I just think it would be much easier to buy a series of maps and counters to play future modules in the LnL series over needing several rulebooks, especially since the core rules will never be changing (unless a glaring error appears).

I didn't think you were. We all amigos here. I'd wager the plan is that a full set of rules will be included with every game, and because they will include new special rules for that game, they will get bigger and bigger, with the core rules becoming more and more disseminated throughout the document. And more and more time will be spent leafing through the book looking for that particular rules reference you need. Sound familiar?

What I'm suggesting is this. The core rules exist as a discreet document. Whenever you buy a complete LnL game, you get one of those. Each game, in addition to it's own counters and maps, includes a supplemental set of rules (that are pertinent only to that game), along with the core rules. A game add-on would include only counters, boards, and supplemental rules if needed. With this format, it's fast and easy for the player to see what's new and different, and it makes ingame referencing faster and easier.

I like things faster and easier. I also like them when you can fit them on the head of a pin. I'l bet I'm not the only one.

BTW, I'm a tinkerer at heart. So I've been working on a quick reference sheet that includes the details of combat, spotting, and the rest, along with all of the modifiying factors, which is what I think you were refering to above. It's almost done, I'll just need a place to post it.

Phew. I'm tired. That Matlock marathon had me up past 8:30 last night.

(in reply to puck4604)
Post #: 17
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/2/2005 7:41:37 PM   
puck4604

quote:

Phew. I'm tired. That Matlock marathon had me up past 8:30 last night.

LOL!

Hey, when you finish with your modification of the reference sheet, post it here:

Boardgame Geek--LnL Page

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 18
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/3/2005 4:49:35 PM   
Magua

They do that? Thanks Puck. I'll wrap it up, post it, and place a note here.

(in reply to puck4604)
Post #: 19
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/4/2005 1:18:00 PM   
markhwalker

quote:

I approach BOH and FH as two different games, not as a single game taking place at different times, or in different theaters, or as a universal system.

Magua, I hear and respect your opinion, but you are wrong. They ARE EXACTLY the same game, in two different eras. You could read the rules for LnL: FH and then play BoH without ever cracking the rulebook (you would need the TEC).

Adam, email me your TEC/players aid suggestions. I'll look at putting them in the next module.

Best,

Mark

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 20
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/4/2005 4:16:43 PM   
stevel40831

quote:

ORIGINAL: markhwalker
They ARE EXACTLY the same game, in two different eras. You could read the rules for LnL: FH and then play BoH without ever cracking the rulebook (you would need the TEC).

This is exactly what I've done. I bought LNL: FH to learn the system but didn't really have time to read the rules before BoH. When BoH came out I read that rule book twice and am playing FH solitaire on vassal as I have nowhere to setup the maps, etc for BoH.

Post #: 21
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/5/2005 5:16:47 AM   
Magua

quote:

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

quote:

I approach BOH and FH as two different games, not as a single game taking place at different times, or in different theaters, or as a universal system.

Magua, I hear and respect your opinion, but you are wrong. They ARE EXACTLY the same game, in two different eras. You could read the rules for LnL: FH and then play BoH without ever cracking the rulebook (you would need the TEC).

Adam, email me your TEC/players aid suggestions. I'll look at putting them in the next module.

Best,

Mark

I am wrong in how "I approach" these games? How am I wrong as to how "I approach" them?

Your assertion that you could read the rules to FH and know exactly how to play BoH, with the inclusion of the TEC is precisely the point I've been trying to make. That there is merit to the idea of having a core set of rules and supplements (TECs if you will) for each new edition to the system, this as opposed to an ever growing, all-inclusive bible.

Post #: 22
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/5/2005 5:55:25 AM   
Adam Parker

Magua I have to say that in my opinion you're wrong.

These rules are a challenge imho because as a reviewer at the Wargamer rightly pointed out, each paragraph basically contains something of relevance that relates to something else earlier or later on.

However, if you've done the exercize I'm doing right now, basically taking each rule and placing it in its right category, there's some beauty and elegance in what Mark has written and the way he's done it all inclusively.

Eg: see this section I've put together so far covering the placement of ops complete markers:

OPS COMPLETE MARKERS
May fire at FULL FP at hex it spotted in that impulse.
May add leadership to fire at hex leader spotted that impulse.
May op fire ½ FP FRD, 0 FP units at –1FP.
May op fire with SW ½ FP FRD or +2 to hit.
May op fire vehicle/helicopter MG ½ FP FRD.
May op fire vehicle/helicopter ordnance +2 to hit.
May not fire otherwise.
May not use leadership otherwise.
May not spot.
May not move.
May not snipe.
May not place smoke.
Helicopter moves but doesn’t fire.
Places/attempts smoke.
Attempts to spot (helicopter n/a).
Fails pre-close assault morale check if didn’t move to current hex.
Leader, advisor, scout spots place mortar FFE marker.
Leader, advisor, scout fails to sight OBA spotting round.
Leader, advisor, scout places OBA FFE marker or aborts mission.
Helicopter moves/changes flying mode/disembarks passenger.

You can see how these markers cover a gamut of situations strewn throughout the entire rulebook. BUT when compiled in 1 place - it's easy. Helo's sit side by side snipers very comfortably.

Mark again, imo, has done the right thing in giving owners of all his games 1 complete rules package. His challenge will arise when he wishes to include ATGM's, thermal imaging, cluster munitions etc. That is why I hope his next titles after Nam cover WW2 for a long while.

My .02 but doing this personal quick reference work is giving me a superb perception,
Adam.

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 23
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/5/2005 8:03:50 AM   
Magua

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adam Parker

Magua I have to say that in my opinion you're wrong.

What is with you guys? How is having an opinion about something "wrong?" That's the way I stated it, as an opinion, and that's the way it looks to me, and apparently to some others here too.

quote:

These rules are a challenge imho because as a reviewer at the Wargamer rightly pointed out, each paragraph basically contains something of relevance that relates to something else earlier or later on.

What's interesting is that I haven't found the rules to be that much of a challenge. If I really wanted to edit them, I might see ways they could be streamlined or made more clear, but for the most part, with the very few exceptions discussed in this forum, I think they do a good job.

quote:

However, if you've done the exercize I'm doing right now, basically taking each rule and placing it in its right category, there's some beauty and elegance in what Mark has written and the way he's done it all inclusively.

well, if you had read some of my other posts, you would see that I agree with your estimation, that the rules are elegant, and very playable too. I don't need to be convinced of this. I'm already a champion of it.

quote:

Eg: see this section I've put together so far covering the placement of ops complete markers:

OPS COMPLETE MARKERS
May fire at FULL FP at hex it spotted in that impulse.
May add leadership to fire at hex leader spotted that impulse.
May op fire ½ FP FRD, 0 FP units at –1FP.
May op fire with SW ½ FP FRD or +2 to hit.
May op fire vehicle/helicopter MG ½ FP FRD.
May op fire vehicle/helicopter ordnance +2 to hit.
May not fire otherwise.
May not use leadership otherwise.
May not spot.
May not move.
May not snipe.
May not place smoke.
Helicopter moves but doesn’t fire.
Places/attempts smoke.
Attempts to spot (helicopter n/a).
Fails pre-close assault morale check if didn’t move to current hex.
Leader, advisor, scout spots place mortar FFE marker.
Leader, advisor, scout fails to sight OBA spotting round.
Leader, advisor, scout places OBA FFE marker or aborts mission.
Helicopter moves/changes flying mode/disembarks passenger.

You can see how these markers cover a gamut of situations strewn throughout the entire rulebook. BUT when compiled in 1 place - it's easy. Helo's sit side by side snipers very comfortably.

First of all, Helos may sit nicely with you, but they don't for me. I don't own FH, and I doubt I will purchase it. Nothing personal to Mark. I just don't like Viet Nam war games. So, and I hope you or somebody can understand this, I find any reference to FH, in the rules and components for BoH to be a waste of space, and time. I completely understand that to you, and to others, who intend to purchase every game in this series, shmooshing everything together into one big book is desirable. But for those of us who will be picking and choosing, as well as those who are brand new to the series, all that extra info makes getting at the heart of the particular title we have purchased that much more difficult. And I believe this could actually discourage newcommers.

That aside, I am really impressed with your analysis of the use of the "Ops Complete" counters. I would welcome a section in the rules dedicated to a more thorough explanation of these babies. Personally, I love tables. I would put this in a table. In fact, I think I will. Dya want a copy?

quote:

Mark again, imo, has done the right thing in giving owners of all his games 1 complete rules package. His challenge will arise when he wishes to include ATGM's, thermal imaging, cluster munitions etc. That is why I hope his next titles after Nam cover WW2 for a long while.

I got it. It's been gnawing at me all along, and what you say here made the light go on. I think if you look from the POV of FH and to the present, the total rules package makes more sense (to me), as most of what has gone before is relevant to modern conflict. We run into a problem when we start including rules for modern weapon systems and situations in a game of WWII. We end up getting a whole lot of stuff we don't really need.

quote:

My .02 but doing this personal quick reference work is giving me a superb perception,
Adam.

There's a bit of ASL trashing in this forum. I agree with it. I think that ASL is a good example of what not to do with a good game system. But really, what was the problem with ASL? The way I saw it, it simply got so big and complicated, the dang rule book was crushed under its own weight. You couldn't play a simple game, because all the rules that were ever published for it were included into this massive document, and they built onto one another in a way that made it difficult to ferret-out what you really wanted and needed. Now, I certainly don't think LnL is that. However, when I see talk of creating a single, all inclussive LnL rule book, I start to get hives. Isn't this exactly the course that sunk ASL for so many of us? NOW, someone, please tell me I'm wrong, and explain why, and I swear, I will shut-up about it. I promise.

Anyway, I am going to create a table of OPS "can and cannot dos" based on your list. I'd like you to look at it (Mark too if he's willing). Woudja?

< Message edited by Magua -- 10/5/2005 8:06:30 AM >

Post #: 24
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/5/2005 8:26:39 AM   
Adam Parker

quote:

Anyway, I am going to create a table of OPS "can and cannot dos" based on your list. I'd like you to look at it (Mark too if he's willing). Woudja?

Well, Magua in fact, in a couple of hours I'll have finished putting the entire rulebook into a table like that! I've taken every rule section and split it up to where it will be of most benefit.

I'm going to move a tank? I'll look at my vehicle ref table and my movement ref table, I'm going to fire at a hex but I may need to spot it first? I've got a spotting table, a direct fire table, an ord table and OBA table and a mortar table. All the relvant steps and formulae are listed for each action. Does the hex contain passengers, inf or just vehicles etc.? Step by step at a glance.

It's been a lot of fun doing this - each rules section I read brought up another question for me. Tracking down the answers now results in them being found in each relevant table I'll need.

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 25
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/5/2005 3:55:27 PM   
Magua

Well, I really look forward to seeing that. Where will you be posting it?

Post #: 26
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/5/2005 5:02:32 PM   
Adam Parker

Thanks Magua. I honestly intended it for private use until the day comes when the V2 rulebook is made public to prospective buyers.

At this stage I now want to review it, look for errors and then pass it by Mark. Rules 17.2, 17.3 and 17.4 are critical to the entire game. They impact everything from small arms, to OBA to mines and Claymores vs vehicles.

I want to make sure I'm getting that down right as each form of combat requires subtle changes to the formulae. Hence my questions here to date.

This system is so much easier to grasp than ASL's chapters C and D. But in the interests of keeping the rulebook small some formulae contain references to other parts of the manual but with procscribed adjustments. It's piecing this puzzle together that I want to get right.

Btw add "Leader/advisor/hero attempts or places star shell" to that ops complete marker list, to round it off

Cheers,
Adam.

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 27
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/5/2005 5:52:29 PM   
stevel40831

quote:

I honestly intended it for private use...

What a bummer, I was very much looking forward to your "cheat sheets"!

Post #: 28
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/5/2005 9:15:38 PM   
puck4604

quote:

Thanks Magua. I honestly intended it for private use until the day comes when the V2 rulebook is made public to prospective buyers.

Cheers,
Adam.

You may have a very long time to wait, then, according to Mr. Walker...

quote:

Understand, but I have no plans to post them online right now. As posted earlier, with the VASSAL mod, etc out there, that could lose sales.

Best,
Mark

This was his opinion several weeks back here on this very board when someone was asking when the rules would be released online.

Post #: 29
RE: 13.1 Ambush? - 10/5/2005 9:25:39 PM   
benpark

This type of thing is tough for the maker of the game, and even tougher on the person that has bought the game. It might be a good idea to enclose a serial number or the like, and have a closed forum on ONE of these 3-4 sites where this particular game is discussed. This way, a free exchange of information could be done without getting people anxious about losing money (which I understand-but that should at no time be an infringement on the customers right to openly discuss the game).

(in reply to puck4604)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> 13.1 Ambush? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI