Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TF Movement Freeze Bug (repost)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> TF Movement Freeze Bug (repost) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TF Movement Freeze Bug (repost) - 9/29/2005 4:42:14 AM   
Slaughtermeyer

In case the person(s) responsible for fixing bugs look only in this subforum for bug reports, I'm reposting what I've already posted in the general forum:

August 1942 campaign, Japs vs. AI, historical first turn, 1.60. After the historical first turn is finished, make a surface combat TF in Rabaul with all your CA, CL, and DD except those four with endurance 3000. Destination Lunga, retirement allowed, do not refuel, mission speed. After the first turn, it will move to Shortlands (it docks there but undocking it doesn't seem to make any difference). On the second turn, it will stay there and do absolutely nothing. At first I thought it might have made it to Lunga, found nothing there and returned, but its fuel (and Shortlands fuel) stays at the same level. Its destination still says Lunga too.

Ironically, if instead the TF is ordered to Tulagi from the very beginning instead of Lunga, it goes there (but not via Shortlands), has combat, and retires as expected. I really hope I did not find a game-breaking bug.

We must not allow ourselves to be drawn into a trial of the causes of the war,for our position is that no grievances or policies will justify resort to aggressive war.It is utterly renounced and condemned as an instrument of policy. R.Jackson,1945
Post #: 1
RE: TF Movement Freeze Bug (repost) - 10/7/2005 2:13:49 AM   
Slaughtermeyer.

This bug is still present in 1.604.

(in reply to Slaughtermeyer)
Post #: 2
RE: TF Movement Freeze Bug (repost) - 2/22/2007 4:03:28 AM   
Troopsurge

This bug is still present in 1.804.

EDIT: Unless the use by the Jap TF of ESP to detect the unspotted US carriers which causes the TF to stop is a "feature" and not a bug. The TF would carry out its mission normally if the US carriers were not in the area.

< Message edited by Troopsurge -- 2/22/2007 4:44:19 AM >

(in reply to Slaughtermeyer.)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> TF Movement Freeze Bug (repost) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI