Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

h2h online

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> h2h online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
h2h online - 10/10/2005 1:53:25 PM   
bigticket

David, I believe h2h online is really important to many customers, so if its not going to work with graphics I urge you to consider having at least a text based h2h online. H2H online with 3D graphics would be great, but text based would be enough.
Post #: 1
RE: h2h online - 10/10/2005 5:16:00 PM   
AxnXcamr

You want to wait many more months for this game just so he can add h2h?

FOOTBALL 4tw!!!

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 2
RE: h2h online - 10/10/2005 7:36:27 PM   
JonnieR

H2H, as David has pointed out, is not a trivial add-on. In addition, you would want to already have a very stable platform to add it on as a feature. Tacking it on to this release, where the developer has already added many additional refinements and features already, would not only delay the program further, but also destabilize the existing product already in Beta.

If there is sufficient interest in H2H, which in turn could economically justify the effort, and its technically feasible, maybe MF II or MF III.

(in reply to AxnXcamr)
Post #: 3
RE: h2h online - 10/11/2005 1:26:03 AM   
bigticket

HE ALREADY SAID HE WOULD THINK ABOUT PUTTING IT INTO MAXFB2, SETTLE THE F%*@ DOWN! I'M TALKING ABOUT FUTURE IMPROVEMENTS!

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 4
RE: h2h online - 10/11/2005 2:39:58 AM   
JonnieR

Sorry, I didn't realize H2H was such an emotional issue.

I also thought you were talking about this release, my mistake.

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 5
RE: h2h online - 10/11/2005 4:30:17 AM   
bigticket

Sorry I lost a sister to adding features to pc games that were 95% done, but never finished because of adding new featues.

(in reply to JonnieR)
Post #: 6
RE: h2h online - 10/11/2005 1:39:18 PM   
bigticket

Sorry kids being unruly and I really only addressed it to David

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 7
RE: h2h online - 10/11/2005 10:00:24 PM   
JonnieR

Sorry about your sister. The way this forum gets on David (not you of course) its a knee jerk reaction to protect him. But he's a big boy and can answer for himself. Sorry to screw up your post.

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 8
RE: h2h online - 10/11/2005 10:17:13 PM   
bigticket

Sorry my dead sister reference was joke in return to your "emotional issue" reply. Sorry lame sense of humor on my part. I just wanted David to consider h2h online for MaxFB2 even if its text based instead of graphically enhanced.

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 9
RE: h2h online - 10/11/2005 10:49:07 PM   
David Winter

There would be little incentive to build online for text only in a graphical game. There would be little to separate it from dialog based games that are out there in the dozens.

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 10
RE: h2h online - 10/12/2005 1:44:22 AM   
bigticket

I've been playing Diamond Mind Baseball for 16 years. Each year they come out with a new version (different stats, different interface, different play by play wording, etc) that way each year it becomes even more involved. I disagree it would be like other games since you'd have stablished customers looking for a better version each year. And if H2H online with graphics is impossible then that won't change their desire for H2H online in some way.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 11
RE: h2h online - 10/13/2005 3:15:48 AM   
MikeMcMahon

David,
I think H2H online with the client being text-based would be a HUGE addition. The game could be played as normal on the host computer with the client sending in playcalls and seing the statistical result of the play. This would solve cheating problems that leagues have been worried about as well as restoring the ability of the client to control some elements of the game. I highly encourage you to persue this option.

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 12
RE: h2h online - 10/13/2005 4:25:29 AM   
bigticket

David,
Where are these dozen games that so closely resemble what your trying to do? The customizable leagues, teams, players? I believe McMahon is correct.
And back to my other point, people have asked about an award generator at the end of the season, many versions await you.

(in reply to MikeMcMahon)
Post #: 13
RE: h2h online - 10/13/2005 5:55:30 AM   
Steely Glint

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigticket

I've been playing Diamond Mind Baseball for 16 years. Each year they come out with a new version (different stats, different interface, different play by play wording, etc) that way each year it becomes even more involved. I disagree it would be like other games since you'd have stablished customers looking for a better version each year. And if H2H online with graphics is impossible then that won't change their desire for H2H online in some way.

Sixteen years, and the current version of DMB is 9, and you think that they've done a new version every year? LOL, you must be Rip van Winkle or have been counting some of the patches as new versions.

DMB is truly a great game.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 14
RE: h2h online - 10/13/2005 5:58:17 AM   
Steely Glint

H2H is harder than it looks. Sure, Diamond Mind has done it successfully, but even as good a games programmer as Markus Heinsohn promised H2H for OOTP6 but was unable to deliver it due to how difficult it turned out to be.

After MF is stable and relatively bug-free, sure. But don't jump the gun here.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 15
RE: h2h online - 10/13/2005 7:34:32 AM   
mudrick

I am a huge advocate for H2H. But I will say a text based football game in H2H would not interest me in the slightest. With baseball, it's ok, football is a big difference. I hope I don't need to go into detail as to why. I'm just hoping Max football 2 will have it. I'm sure sales would skyrocket.

Post #: 16
RE: h2h online - 10/13/2005 11:10:13 AM   
bigticket

I'm sorry Mr Glint of the 2nd Battalion about my math. It seems everywhere on this site your always right. You must have loads of friends, LOL.

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 17
RE: h2h online - 10/13/2005 11:56:49 PM   
Alan_Bernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint

H2H is harder than it looks. Sure, Diamond Mind has done it successfully, but even as good a games programmer as Markus Heinsohn promised H2H for OOTP6 but was unable to deliver it due to how difficult it turned out to be.

Strat-O-Matic has it in its football game. To say that it's hard to do is absurd. Hard for me personally to do, sure. Hard for someone who knows how to do such things, I don't think so.

Alanb

Post #: 18
RE: h2h online - 10/15/2005 9:16:27 PM   
Steely Glint

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigticket

I'm sorry Mr Glint of the 2nd Battalion about my math. It seems everywhere on this site your always right. You must have loads of friends, LOL.

I do my very best to be right all the time. If someone knows something that I don't, I'm ready to learn.

FYI, I do have loads of friends. They tend not to be ignorant.

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 19
RE: h2h online - 10/15/2005 9:18:10 PM   
Steely Glint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan_Bernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint

Strat-O-Matic has it in its football game. To say that it's hard to do is absurd. Hard for me personally to do, sure. Hard for someone who knows how to do such things, I don't think so.

Alanb

You need to tell Markus Heinsohn that.

(in reply to Alan_Bernardo)
Post #: 20
RE: h2h online - 10/16/2005 9:22:58 AM   
mudrick

[/quote]
You need to tell Markus Heinsohn that.
[/quote]

He tried to do it himself. I doubt that he had any clue as to how. Remeber, OOTP is a text sim. All that had to be in sync were text and icons on bases. So i'm not even sure how much effort was put into it by him.

Needless to say, I won't be buying OOTP7. Not out of spite. I just have no reason to. There are only so many games i can play solo. The AI in OOTP is not good enough to hold my interest for too long.

Post #: 21
RE: h2h online - 10/20/2005 9:45:29 AM   
Marauders

I could see a future H2H online feature in coaching mode only. There wouldn't be half on the synching problems that an action mode game would have, but it would still be a large task.

I'd rather the time be put on AI improvements and a full commissioner mode with salaries and such.

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 22
RE: h2h online - 10/20/2005 1:25:56 PM   
bigticket

How about just an update on the first version???

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 23
RE: h2h online - 10/20/2005 4:47:31 PM   
mudrick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

I could see a future H2H online feature in coaching mode only. There wouldn't be half on the synching problems that an action mode game would have, but it would still be a large task.

I'd rather the time be put on AI improvements and a full commissioner mode with salaries and such.

What do you mean by coaching mode only? If you mean calling plays and watching them happen on the field, then I agree. Thats kind of like the current H2H Fbpro league's. If you mean calling plays and not seeing action, then forget it. Thats ok for baseball, but football is a game of action. You need to see what is happening on the field.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> h2h online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI