Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Adding new Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Adding new Scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adding new Scenarios - 7/3/2000 2:14:00 PM   
Leibstandarte

Sorry to open up another topic but I couldn't find anywhere else to post this. When I download new scenarios from The Gamers and unzip them in the Scen directory most of the time they are numbered that I have to overwrite a preexisting scenario. Is there anyway to get the new scenario and keep the old one as well? Is there someway the gentlemen can assign a scenario number so that no two scenarios are made with the same number? I would like to get as many excellent scenarios as possible without having to give up any of them. Sorry if this is a whining post but I was curious and thought maybe something can be worked out. Thanks to all the people who brought us this great game as well as the people who post here. Thanks for your time in effort in both the game and responses to this post.

Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.
Post #: 1
- 7/3/2000 2:40:00 PM   
Voriax

You can simply renumber the new scenario files so that they go into some free slot. There is also some kind of a scenario manager program available from Matrix's download site. That might also do the trick, cannot tell as that program is unable to install itself in my machine. It probably needs some Visual Basic files my machine doesn't have. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Leibstandarte)
Post #: 2
- 7/3/2000 11:19:00 PM   
Fabs

I'll second that. What I used to do was open the zips to see what numbers were there in a special directory (imaginatively called "unzipped"). Look at the numbers in Winzip first because it would not be the first time that the same number is used in a small batch of new ones. This is not dangerous, because the program will warn you. What I did then was to move the opened zips into another subdirectory of the folder they had been downloaded in called "done", so that only unopened zips stayed in the original files, ready to open when the files with the same numbers had been processed out of "unzipped". I would look in explorer into my "scen" directory to find out if the numbers of the new files were already there, and to look for empty numbers to re-number them if that was the case. Now, it is a lot easier: download the "scenario manager" from the download center and moving new scenarios into your "scen" directory will always be a piece of cake. Installation is a bit clunky, but once you are there it is very easy to use. By the way, by selecting your "scen" directory as both the source and target directory you can easily re-arrange your scenarios in any order you want. Excellent little utility, guys! [This message has been edited by Fabs (edited 07-03-2000).] [This message has been edited by Fabs (edited 07-03-2000).]

Fabs

Post #: 3
- 7/3/2000 11:29:00 PM   
Tankhead

Hi Leidstandarte! You can download SPmanagerv3 here http://www.matrixgames.com/spwaw/downloads.asp Hope this helps. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http:/sites.netscape.net/rcclout [This message has been edited by Tankhead (edited 07-03-2000).] [This message has been edited by Tankhead (edited 07-03-2000).]

Tankhead

Post #: 4
- 7/3/2000 11:54:00 PM   
Leibstandarte

Thanks for your assistance gentlemen. I will get the mananger right away.

Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Post #: 5
- 7/4/2000 12:39:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Actually there is no way I (or anyone else) can control what those outside of the Raiders number their scenarios. Ours are numbered consecutively. To avoid this problem here is what I do. 1. Make a temp file folder in SPWAW. 2. Unzip all new scenarios into this folder. 3. Using Windows File Manager or the new SP Manager we are offering, I see if I already have a scenario in the game with that same number. 4. If not, I simply move the three files. 5. If so, I change the numbers of the new scenario files to those of a slot not in use (I would recommend numbering them 200+) 6. There are 1,000 slots for scenarios so you should not fill them up anytime soon Wild Bill ============= ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Adding new Scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI