Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where is my army?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Where is my army? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where is my army? - 10/13/2005 6:05:05 AM   
Tigleth Pilisar

I am the Spanish Player and am 5 years into a game. I have three "armies". My main army (which has one corps in it) is in the French-owned province of Liguria. When I click the "Military" screen I can see the army and all of its components. However, on the map there is no flag or any representation of the army. I can't select them or move them! I was attacked in that province last turn (and won) and the Army was there to fight.

Where are they and how do I move them?
Post #: 1
RE: Where is my army? - 10/13/2005 7:13:10 PM   
pricemc1

2 ways to recover from this issue:

1> Cntrl-Right click province then highlight the units and then you should be able to move them.

2> In the options menu, toggle the "compact stacks" option on and off. This also sometimes resolves the issue.

Can someone please sticky this one?

Mike

(in reply to Tigleth Pilisar)
Post #: 2
RE: Where is my army? - 10/17/2005 1:10:46 AM   
Tigleth Pilisar

Thanks. That worked. New one.

I spent the 15 turns to build a guards infantry. I got to move it 2 turns. Now it is gone!!!! Disappeared!! Can't even find it on the military list screen! Where did it go? Not disbanded or something I hope. The front was far up and it was going to take some time to move it up. Then I changed my mind to move it back. How do I find it?

Post #: 3
RE: Where is my army? - 10/19/2005 5:39:00 AM   
pricemc1

Any chance it could have been captured? I also saw one case where a corp unit disappeared when I chose to remove it from a border due to ultimatum but I dont think anyone has confirmed that issue yet.

Mike

Post #: 4
RE: Where is my army? - 10/19/2005 3:54:08 PM   
ericbabe

quote:

ORIGINAL: pricemc1

Any chance it could have been captured? I also saw one case where a corp unit disappeared when I chose to remove it from a border due to ultimatum but I dont think anyone has confirmed that issue yet.

I spent some time trying to duplicate this and couldn't manage to do it. If anyone else can manage a save game that shows a non-empty corps moving via ultimatum and then disappearing, please send it my way.

(in reply to pricemc1)
Post #: 5
RE: Where is my army? - 10/21/2005 10:54:11 PM   
pricemc1

I've only seen it happen in one game so far. If I can get it to happen again I'll be sure to save off a game.

Mike

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 6
RE: Where is my army? - 10/22/2005 5:04:15 PM   
Doobious

This has happened to me 3 times so far.

(in reply to pricemc1)
Post #: 7
RE: Where is my army? - 10/27/2005 12:33:14 AM   
Gratch

The case of disappearing Armies and corps has happened to me in both 1.0 and 1.2

When I get an ultimatum the army or corps disappear but the units inside remains in the territory, I am unable to find the army or corps anywhere. This is very annoying, what am I to do?

(in reply to Doobious)
Post #: 8
RE: Where is my army? - 10/29/2005 3:52:40 PM   
Naomi

You should then stop playing till you forget this annoyance. :p

(in reply to Gratch)
Post #: 9
RE: Where is my army? - 10/30/2005 12:21:31 AM   
Gratch

Wow that was a clever remark.....

Since I would consider it to be a bug within the game, ie something to be resolved.

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 10
RE: Where is my army? - 10/30/2005 1:49:10 AM   
Gratch

It happened again! This time I beat the Russians in a large battle, I lost 12000 and the lost 25000. After the "resolve" phase, when I see the map again. My Corps and my army are gone. The units remain except for the Horse Art( 2 units gone), and so does the commanders + 1 new.

Could some one from WCS please respond!

(in reply to Gratch)
Post #: 11
RE: Where is my army? - 10/30/2005 2:37:48 AM   
Gratch

NOW I´M PISSED!!! This time I lost the units, the only thing remaining are the commanders. There is some kind of bug and it occurs when you are asked to remove your units from someones border. If you answer yes I will remove the units then when you look at the map they are gone. They are also gone from the Military advisor screen, including the total at the bottom.

As it is now the game is not playable to me, either fix the problem or remove the option of asking someone to remove their units from your borders. I´m 99% sure that therein lies the problem.

(in reply to Gratch)
Post #: 12
RE: Where is my army? - 10/30/2005 3:34:48 AM   
Naomi

Ah, you really deserve a pat. For the time being, go take a glass of milk and play with your pet.

(in reply to Gratch)
Post #: 13
RE: Where is my army? - 10/30/2005 6:49:05 AM   
TexHorns

I must say that I have also had this happen to me. I would order the corps (empty) to a province where an army was and order divisions to attach to it when it arrived. The corps would successfully arrive at it's destination. The following turn the divisions attached are sitting unattached to anything in the province and the corps has disappeared. This happened to me in both builds. I managed it by loading divisions immediatly after the corps was built. That seemed to fix the problem. One note though. In my instance there was no request to remove an army from a border, so it is not an identical incident.

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 14
RE: Where is my army? - 10/30/2005 2:20:51 PM   
Gratch

O my aren´t we the one to talk. Judging by the way you talk I´m surprised your mother lets you play wargames, I would think they would be to violent for you.

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Where is my army? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI