Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Requests For Artwork.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Requests For Artwork. Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 11/30/2005 10:08:08 AM   
Alikchi2

Doh! I missed that. Back to the devices table I suppose..

And thanks Tanker! Coming from you, that's worth something.

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 91
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 11/30/2005 10:10:13 AM   
Tankerace

Actually, from what I have seen of your mod, I am very impressed. Always nice to see good what if stuff.

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 92
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 11/30/2005 10:16:52 AM   
Alikchi2

Thanks a bunch - there really isn't enough of it around! I think Terminus is working on a scenario of his own and Gary is as well, but I'm not sure otherwise.

Version two of my scenario has a few indirect links with WPO (which I am playing and enjoying the hell out of, by the way). The Washington Treaty still occurs, but in a modified fashion. The Amagis [2] Lexingtons [3] and G3s [3] show up. It's been interesting comparing the differences

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 93
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 11/30/2005 10:28:07 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alikchi

Great minds think alike..

Cobra did this, not Big B, but you might be interested.

The JPEG compression in paint is terrible and makes the side look odd - it's on par with the rest of Cobra's work! I asked for her for Iron Storm a while back.

Check out Cobra's "What If" art packages on Spooky's.. Many of the ships he has done are there (including the Lexington and Hood, and I know you're interested in those).

You beat me to it again.

I'm not partial to Cobra's ship sides but I'll, no doubt, be begging to incorporate some of his vast catalog of art in the mod. I love his plane sides! The style of his ships however is rather distinct from the rest of the ships in the game and from Big B's which I've grown accustomed to. If I used some of his ship art I would feel inclined to go ahead and use his art on all the ships in the game. Otherwise I think it would look sort of strange with some ships using stock graphics and some using Cobra's. I sort of like Big B's graphics as they are pretty compatible with the stock graphics as well as being of excellent quality of course.

Gary

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 94
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 11/30/2005 10:33:42 AM   
Terminus

I thought that would be an issue in my mod as well, but in my opinion, Cobra's ship sides are so good that it doesn't matter at all. Not saying Big B's ship sides are bad, mind you. I have his cruiser set installed and like it a lot.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 95
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 11/30/2005 10:35:17 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alikchi

The Washington Treaty still occurs, but in a modified fashion. The Amagis [2] Lexingtons [3] and G3s [3] show up. It's been interesting comparing the differences

Dang! You've thought of everything! I was going to go back and do a little hacking at the Washington Treaty too. Found a great website on it.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/pre-war/1922/nav_lim.html

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 96
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 11/30/2005 10:42:49 AM   
Alikchi2

quote:

You beat me to it again.

I'm not partial to Cobra's ship sides but I'll, no doubt, be begging to incorporate some of his vast catalog of art in the mod. I love his plane sides! The style of his ships however is rather distinct from the rest of the ships in the game and from Big B's which I've grown accustomed to. If I used some of his ship art I would feel inclined to go ahead and use his art on all the ships in the game. Otherwise I think it would look sort of strange with some ships using stock graphics and some using Cobra's. I sort of like Big B's graphics as they are pretty compatible with the stock graphics as well as being of excellent quality of course.

Gary

Totally understandable. I'm not sure if I should replace all of my default WitP art with Cobra's (because admittedly, it does clash) or leave it alone so the filesize stays down.. Hmm. They look so good though!

And if I did convert everything, I wouldn't be able to use Big B's Ranger! Decisions, decisions..

Post #: 97
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 11/30/2005 10:47:28 AM   
Alikchi2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress
Dang! You've thought of everything! I was going to go back and do a little hacking at the Washington Treaty too. Found a great website on it.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/pre-war/1922/nav_lim.html

I've had a long time to think of ways to sneak big guns into the game.

Trust me there are lots of openings for fun stuff out there - the London Treaty, some of the British interwar cruiser designs.. and of course there are lots of possible variations on the Washington Treaty. Many, many things that people haven't touched yet.

I actually have an extremely interesting document on the Washington Treaty saved in Word - far too long to post here, but if I could get your email addy, I'd be glad to shoot it over..

Post #: 98
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 11/30/2005 11:16:10 AM   
CobraAus

Hi Gary and Alikchi the situation you have is either/or. mixing artist is not good looks bad
Gary I just did a back check I was sure I had done two sets of ships one the original
back ground and one on the my new back ground but could only find a complete set of original ships and CHS ships on the new background the 3D ship set was on normal background, I will have to check on Spookies site - when I had a meltdown a lot of files got corrupted or just plain vanished - but I still have everything backup twice just in case
Big B who is doing a great job on his conversions has a about a 2 month production run the do all 2500 + class's - took me that working about 5 hours a day, every day so if you need any ships on normal background just yell
And guys I picked up on this thread last night - there are already many ships on the slipways

Cobra Aus 34 deg HOT tomorrow 1st day of HOT AUSSIE SUMMER computers hate heat

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 99
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 11/30/2005 12:52:24 PM   
GaryChildress

Speaking of WPO Tanker, when will it be coming out on hard copy? Soon I hope?

One of these days I'll get a high speed connection.

Gary

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 100
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 11/30/2005 1:19:52 PM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: CobraAus

so if you need any ships on normal background just yell
And guys I picked up on this thread last night - there are already many ships on the slipways

Thanks Cobra!

Gary

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 101
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 11/30/2005 5:23:26 PM   
Big B

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: CobraAus

so if you need any ships on normal background just yell

Thanks Cobra!

Gary

Hi all,

I haven't been online for a bit and just caught this thread. Gary, Alikchi, if converting any of my artwork to a stock WitP background would help fit in better with Cobra's artwork (I know our styles are a bit different) just PM me and I can rapidly fix up anything I have previously done back to a stock background and email it back to you.

Cobra has a huge catalog of ship art already done, I'm still working on the games cruisers!

B

EDIT: Oh heck, why not - it'll be fun. I'll post it when I'm done with it Gary.

< Message edited by Big B -- 11/30/2005 7:49:50 PM >

Post #: 102
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 11/30/2005 9:24:54 PM   
Tankerace

quote:

Gary

Hopefully this week, at least as far as I know.

And as far as Cobra's Settsu, if you want a different style (since you said you arent partial) I can modify the WPO Settsu into a 1941 fit for you if you'd like.

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

Post #: 103
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/1/2005 1:25:33 AM   
Big B

Settsu finished:

Hi Gary, Just let me know if you like one of the ships below and I'll email the files to you...

B

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 104
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/1/2005 5:20:19 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big B

Settsu finished:

Hi Gary, Just let me know if you like one of the ships below and I'll email the files to you...

B

Thank you Big B! Beautiful ships! Now the really tough decision (as I love all three of them for different reasons)...

....still thinking....

I prefer "alternate A". It'll blend in with the stock graphics enough to employ it until you come out with your full catalog (in which case I'll probably switch some ships to various horizon schemes to mix things up a bit). And I like the background for "alternate A" better than the stock.

Thanks again Big B! I hope you don't mind if I call upon you for a few additional special projects as things progress. I plan on only adding a relative handful of "hypotheticals" like this one. Most of the rest of the graphics I'll either employ your "standard" designs or else go with the stock ones until your full catalog is finished.

Gary

Edit: My e-mail is GRChildress(at)aol(dot)com.

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 105
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/1/2005 5:37:07 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tankerace

quote:

Gary

Hopefully this week, at least as far as I know.

And as far as Cobra's Settsu, if you want a different style (since you said you arent partial) I can modify the WPO Settsu into a 1941 fit for you if you'd like.

Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks Tanker! Looks like Big B fired one up quick. I know he is busy trying to create a full catalog of his art for WitP (which I intend upon incorporating as it becomes available) and I know you have your hands full with WPO. But, between the two of you, perhaps, I'll be able to get the relatively few special designs I...er...plan on having with the mod done.

Thanks again!

Gary

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 106
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/2/2005 12:23:51 AM   
Alikchi2

quote:

Hi Gary and Alikchi the situation you have is either/or. mixing artist is not good looks bad
Gary I just did a back check I was sure I had done two sets of ships one the original
back ground and one on the my new back ground but could only find a complete set of original ships and CHS ships on the new background the 3D ship set was on normal background, I will have to check on Spookies site - when I had a meltdown a lot of files got corrupted or just plain vanished - but I still have everything backup twice just in case
Big B who is doing a great job on his conversions has a about a 2 month production run the do all 2500 + class's - took me that working about 5 hours a day, every day so if you need any ships on normal background just yell

I agree, I'm not certain what to do here.. Torn between leaving things as they are (BigB's Ranger and Settsu, your De Zeven Provincien, Eendracht, Ark Royal, Eagle, Furious, Hood, Montana, Surcouf, Canada, Tiger, Constellation, G3, Albatross, and Algerie, and default everything else) or using your art for everything (benefit of uniformity).

Most of my art is based off of CHS 1.02.. will your CHS art pack work with this? Also, does it apply to only new CHS ships, or all Allied sides?

Thanks!

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 107
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/2/2005 12:33:32 AM   
CobraAus

quote:

Most of my art is based off of CHS 1.02.. will your CHS art pack work with this?

my ship art pac for CHS at Spookies is uptodate to version 1.06 + the all the original ships
+ Tankers add in ship - all done on the new background

Cobra Aus

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 108
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/2/2005 12:48:18 AM   
Alikchi2

Awesome! I think that's what I'll be using, then

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 109
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/2/2005 1:14:13 AM   
Alikchi2

Hmm I feel dumb.. what file(s) do you mean exactly? The Hazegray sets for CHS? Or "Allied CHS Shils", "Allied CHS sides cameo", and "Japanese new classes"?

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 110
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/2/2005 2:10:45 AM   
CobraAus

quote:

what file(s) do you mean exactly?

oK at Spookies site there are 3 headings ORIGINAL WITP you need all of that set
CHS MODS you need all that set
HAZEGREY CONVERSTION you may need all of that
to sort through none of these are on Rouges site as they wnet out before the site cam on line

in those three sets you will find all ships need for version 1.06 they do not include what ifs thats up to individual requirements from the WHAT IF SETS

Cobra AUS

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 111
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/2/2005 5:35:52 AM   
Alikchi2

Thanks again for that.. Things should work out well

And just to keep you on your toes two more requests

First is HMNZS New Zealand as refitted 1938.

Second is the Fisher P-75. I only need a side for this one. I think it's painted standard USAAF green..

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 112
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/2/2005 5:54:44 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tankerace

OT, but retro Settsu

Hi Tankerace, I notice your Settsu from WPO has belt armor of 305. This is greater than the belt armor of every Japanese battleship in WitP with the single exception of the Yamato's. Also the durability (which I believe is supposed to be somehow based upon ship tonnage/250) is greater than a Kongo in WitP. Is that historically accurate? I'm sort of winging it trying to provide stats for my 1941 "upgraded" Settsu and noticed the comparisons.

Gary

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 113
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/2/2005 6:08:09 AM   
Alikchi2

I think Tanker works on a different "scale" in WPO than in WitP - probably for game mechanics reasons. I'm not sure though -

Edit: Damn, guessed wrong

Post #: 114
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/2/2005 6:08:22 AM   
Tankerace

Yep, its accurate. And its not so outrageous. 305mm = 12 inches.

From WitP: Yamato Belt 405 - 16 inches.
Kongo (BC) 200mm - just under 8 inches
Nagato 270mm - just under 11 inches
Fuso and Ise - 300mm - About 12 inches.

The newer BBs (Nagato, in WPO Tosa) tend to have slightly thinner (though better) armor than older ships.

BTW, I use Jane's and Conways, both the WWI and WWII (or equivelent 1906-1921 and 1922-1946) volumes for data.

Post #: 115
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/2/2005 6:09:18 AM   
Tankerace

And no, I don't use a different scale. I take direct from text (if Janes and Conway's differ, depend upon ship I either take the less of the two or I average them).

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 116
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/2/2005 6:12:42 AM   
Tankerace

As to durability, remember Kongo started out as a BC rebuilt into a fast BB. IMO, a predread should still be harder to sink (After all, remember Kirishima was disabled by 50 hits from 5 and 8 inch guns. A predreadnought would have faired somewhat better with thicker armor.)

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 117
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/2/2005 6:19:57 AM   
Alikchi2

Ahh, I see what I did. My sources said she had "4-12" inches of belt armor - I saw that and subconciously brought the numbers down.

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 118
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/2/2005 6:25:41 AM   
Tankerace

Well, that means that her thickest point is 12 inches, but the ends were thinner, having only 4. WitP seems to take the thickest part of the belt, so thats what I used for WPO.

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 119
RE: Requests For Artwork. - 12/2/2005 6:29:36 AM   
Alikchi2

Makes sense to me - and I think I have some numbers to adjust now

Thanks!

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Requests For Artwork. Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI