Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best Strategy Game Ever

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Best Strategy Game Ever Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best Strategy Game Ever - 7/4/2000 10:11:00 PM   
PanzerMeyer

Congratulations on creating the absolute master of strategy games. SP:W@W is brilliant. Also, the Steel Sheild Scen is amazing. Great one Bill, a couple or 10 hours of playing that one. One Question for Bill, with all of your Scenarios the maps seem really good. Are they taken from original maps or is there a bit of improv in there? Ive been trying to find maps which could be put into SPW@W of the area in Hungary where Operation Spring Awakening was held in '45. If you know of any, it would be great if you could let me know. Thanks again guys for a great game!

Meine Ehre HeiBt Treue 4SSPzRgt "Der Furher", 1939-45
Post #: 1
- 7/5/2000 12:55:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Panzermeyer! Just did two scenarios on you! Rory Gallagher sent me a vintage copy of Grenadiers, written by PanzerMeyer. What a book, just loaded with scenario ideas. Thanks Steeler (Rory). As to maps. A little of both, my friend. The scale is so detailed in SPWAW that one often cannot find accurate WW2 maps of a small area. Of course Steel Shield embarks a larger area. I used the maps from the old US Army in WW2 to get the general layout with at least some hill features and the towns. Also a couple of other sources. From there as to paths, some dirt roads, etc, it is improv. Very detailed maps of small areas are extremely hard to come by. I try to be as authentic as I can but at times am left to improvise. If that is the case the improvisation is aimed at what would appear to be reality in the light of the terrain I do know about. I am delighted you enjoyed the scenario. It is for the strong willed and persistent, but everyone ought to at least take a look and play a turn or two just to see the difference in this and other scenarios. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games [This message has been edited by Wild Bill (edited 07-04-2000).]

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to PanzerMeyer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Best Strategy Game Ever Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI