Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AI for MWiF - Japan

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> AI Opponent Discussion >> RE: AI for MWiF - Japan Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AI for MWiF - Japan - 12/10/2018 12:12:42 AM   
brian brian

The Japanese can't really afford to garrison the Bonin Islands, at first. The USA will advance under cover of Land-Based Air - if they don't have an airbase on the Marianas zone, they probably won't be attempting to land on the Bonins. If they do early on, that is a job for Japan's reserves (the Combined Fleet, all available air assets, and their Marine counter-attack force) to congregate, cut US supply, and re-take the Bonins.

Once US LBA can fly in to the Marianas, then the Bonins must be held.

Japan should also take Wake Island and put it in their defense perimeter at the same priority as the Marshal Island hexes that border the Marianas zone. The easiest way for the USA to beat the Japanese is to simply advance straight east from Pearl Harbor, exploiting the game system and sea zone lay-out. The historical 2 prongs of Nimitz in the central Pacific and MacArthur in the SE Pacific is a waste of time in WiF.

However the Japanese can't rule out the possibility that the USA might try an advance from the Coral Sea &/or various other springboards in the CW empire to the west. These could be just diversions or raids or could become a main axis of advance by the Allies.

So a big part of what the AI has to do is divine where the main USA drive is going to be, and respond to that with priority resources. If an HQ and 2 Engineers appear on an American held Wake Island, there is little need to reinforce the Netherlands East Indies. If a couple American AMPHs Return-to-Base in Australia or India, then the AI needs to think about adjustments.

(in reply to peskpesk)
Post #: 211
RE: AI for MWiF - Japan - 12/10/2018 1:07:19 PM   
Centuur

I agree on that account. The Japanese need some garrison in NEI because of partisans and land units at Truk, Singapore, Manilla and Rabaul are also needed. Apart from that, it's LBA and more LBA. The marines and one HQ are, together with the TRS/AMPH and the fleet the necessary assets to react on US advances (which might or might not come early). The larger unified map is something which isn't very good for the Japanese too. To many places where the US can invade with their Marines if you compare that to the map in the boardgame...

Peter

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 212
RE: AI for MWiF - Japan - 12/10/2018 4:29:34 PM   
AlbertN

And the double or more of airbases hexes too for USA LBA which will gradually become an overwhelming presence.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 213
RE: AI for MWiF - Japan - 4/5/2020 2:39:53 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Bump.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 214
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> AI Opponent Discussion >> RE: AI for MWiF - Japan Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI