Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WPO Wishlist

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> WPO Wishlist Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WPO Wishlist - 11/23/2005 5:39:31 AM   
Tankerace

Kind of like the WitP wish list, post all code and or OOB wishes in here.

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
Post #: 1
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/23/2005 9:14:17 PM   
greg_slith

I want to be captain of the CA Rochester. I know I missed the boat (yuk) for my chance but it is MY WISH.

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 2
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/23/2005 9:41:54 PM   
Roger Neilson

Is it too late to be a captain of something? Didn't see the original post.

You could even japanesify my name if you like? ( I just invented a new word i think!)

Roger

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 3
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/23/2005 9:47:48 PM   
Terminus

That's up there with one Nikademus used the other day on the WPO development forum:

"Explodability"

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Roger Neilson)
Post #: 4
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/24/2005 12:50:14 AM   
FDRLincoln

My wishlist so far:

Increase Jellicoe's Administration rating to something over 60.
Include "inch" ratings for Japanese gun descriptions for the metric-impared.
Add British Armed Merchant Cruiser RMS Olympic (Titanic's sister) to the game.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 5
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/24/2005 5:41:26 PM   
CMDRMCTOAST

Add Zeppelins even if only for scouting and picketing..

The essence of military genius is to bring under
consideration all of the tendencies of the mind
and soul in combination towards the business of
war..... Karl von Clausewitz

(in reply to FDRLincoln)
Post #: 6
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/24/2005 6:36:34 PM   
Gem35

Oh Zeppelins, that's a good idea!

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to CMDRMCTOAST)
Post #: 7
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/24/2005 6:37:58 PM   
Terminus

And unfortunately impossible to model satisfactorily under the game engine as it stands. Believe me, people have tried... I'm not saying don't wish, just don't hold your breath.

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 8
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/24/2005 6:44:16 PM   
Tankerace

I think we could do small blimps, such as this perhaps, but zepplins are a bit kludgy.

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 9
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/24/2005 8:20:50 PM   
CMDRMCTOAST

Just for advanced picket duty, asw, naval search or recon
would be fantastic with long range maybe.
Even if just a representation IMHO.....

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 10
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/25/2005 9:40:59 AM   
trojan58

I wish it would let me download it

There are two types of ships in the world

Submarines and Targets

D.B.F

(in reply to CMDRMCTOAST)
Post #: 11
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/25/2005 4:33:37 PM   
CMDRMCTOAST

Have you tried an internet cafe???
Thats How I originally got WITP...

(in reply to trojan58)
Post #: 12
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/25/2005 4:36:06 PM   
Jorm

nakajima Ko-4's on wish list

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 13
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/25/2005 7:47:27 PM   
String

It would be great if the japanese cannons would be rated in mm's instead of cm's. Would reduce the chances of mistaking the 8cm guns for 8" and 14cm for 14".. which I do all the time.

(in reply to Jorm)
Post #: 14
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/27/2005 3:58:06 AM   
Fallschirmjager

1. Add in a few more ship classes to keep organizing easier.
Monitors need their own class besides the DD listed in the game.Also it would be nice if ships built before 1914 were called something like old battleships (OB) or Pre-War battleships (PB) and ships built from 1914 on were just called BB.
Would also be nice if gunboats were given their own designation.
All these things would make it easier to tell at a glance the aproximent strength of a ship.

2. Convert all guns sizes to inches or at least inches and mm
As it is now the game uses four different sizes and makes it very very confusing to tell how powerful a gun is at glance.
Would be very nice if we had them all in inches but I suposse mm would be nice as well.
lb and cm are somewhat confusing

(in reply to String)
Post #: 15
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/29/2005 5:30:56 AM   
Tankerace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

As it is now the game uses four different sizes and makes it very very confusing to tell how powerful a gun is at glance.
Would be very nice if we had them all in inches but I suposse mm would be nice as well.

On Gun sizes, that won't change. I decided to use each countries pattern (even had a forum vote on it). US and Britain use standard, everyone else metric (Japanese and Dutch use centimenters, but some French guys on the forum complained because "France uses mm, not cm." So that part, while possible confusing, respects each nations individuality. Like I said, before doing it (everything originally was in inches) I had a vote, and the majority won out.

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 16
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/29/2005 7:16:00 AM   
jwilkerson

China.

I'm still messing around with scenario 1 verus the AI (I'm playing the "Allies" ). But I've succeeded in sending several Chinese Corps through Manchuria and into Korea and I've captured everything but Pusan ( which is besiged ) by the end of the first six weeks.

Might I humbly suggest that your "story line" dial the Chinese Theater out ? Or else explain why the Chinese are involved in the war. Maybe Treat China kind of Like the Russians - static until "activated".

Britain.

Kind of another story line thing. But how is it that Britain is taken 100% by surprise ? I guess I'd like to see the story line updated to help explain that. We have to wait six months for the Capital ships to arrive. That's a long time !

Minelayers.

Where the heck are all the minelayers ? Maybe the Japanese have a bunch - I've only looked at the Allies and they only have 1 so far.

Fun.

But I'm having fun !!! So don't change the "Fun" generation component - that part is working fine !!!

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 17
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/29/2005 7:22:46 AM   
Tankerace

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

China.

I'm still messing around with scenario 1 verus the AI (I'm playing the "Allies" ). But I've succeeded in sending several Chinese Corps through Manchuria and into Korea and I've captured everything but Pusan ( which is besiged ) by the end of the first six weeks.

Might I humbly suggest that your "story line" dial the Chinese Theater out ? Or else explain why the Chinese are involved in the war. Maybe Treat China kind of Like the Russians - static until "activated".

In this part, I believe in the FAQ or at least on the forum I made it known that the vs the Japanese AI, China needs to be left out. I left it in because in PBEM it is a valid theater, but vs the AI the Japanese will focus on the Americans.

Britain.

Kind of another story line thing. But how is it that Britain is taken 100% by surprise ? I guess I'd like to see the story line updated to help explain that. We have to wait six months for the Capital ships to arrive. That's a long time !

This I left because since Britain isn't fighting anyone in the Atlantic, if they just showed up in a few months with their entire fleet, then Japan would face 3 to 1 odds, and have no chance at winning. This was a "balance" choice, in that Japan (except for sometimes bombarding Singapore) tends to leave the British/French alone. So it can be considered an "international incident" but not open war.

Minelayers.

Where the heck are all the minelayers ? Maybe the Japanese have a bunch - I've only looked at the Allies and they only have 1 so far.

Where are the minelayers? They don't exist. Both Japan and the Allies have very, very few. But then again, what good would British minelayers be (remember, in 1917-1918 the British Admiralty said the North Sea Mine Belt was an impossible task). I added in all historic minelayers, but there are few of them. I suggest converted AKs to Commerce raiders, they carry about 250-500 mines.

Fun.

But I'm having fun !!! So don't change the "Fun" generation component - that part is working fine !!!

Will do!

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 18
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/29/2005 9:17:18 AM   
Roger Neilson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tankerace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

On Gun sizes, that won't change. I decided to use each countries pattern (even had a forum vote on it). US and Britain use standard, everyone else metric (Japanese and Dutch use centimenters, but some French guys on the forum complained because "France uses mm, not cm." So that part, while possible confusing, respects each nations individuality. Like I said, before doing it (everything originally was in inches) I had a vote, and the majority won out.

If someone could supply me with a list of gun calibres used in WPO I could knock up a quick excel based spreadsheet which would show equivalent measures for all. You could then have this as a printed out sheet to refer to as you play.

I know I could trawl through the game to look for the information, but that would take valuable time away from other activities like playing!

Cheers

Roger

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 19
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/29/2005 2:01:18 PM   
Terminus

The conversion's already been done:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 20
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/29/2005 2:47:53 PM   
jwilkerson

quote:

Minelayers.

Where are the minelayers? They don't exist. Both Japan and the Allies have very, very few. But then again, what good would British minelayers be (remember, in 1917-1918 the British Admiralty said the North Sea Mine Belt was an impossible task). I added in all historic minelayers, but there are few of them. I suggest converted AKs to Commerce raiders, they carry about 250-500 mines.

But mines were quite effective in WWI in more constricted waters, for example Dardanells and Baltic. And many minelayers on both sides in those campaigns were improvised - to wit represented by the conversions you suggest. But since no conversions will come in for the first several months - that gives is a 3-6 month hiatus on large quantities of mines - which is probably another aid to the Japanese - in Scenario 1 - in that they have to do most of their attacking in this period.

So, OK provided both sides can convert a hefty number of AK to AMC ( or whatever you call them ) then that probably simulates the minelayers adequately.

Request withdrawn !!

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 21
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/29/2005 2:51:43 PM   
Terminus

They can. The biggest AK's are size 5000, and they're the ones you convert. There aren't enough, but when is there ever?

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 22
RE: WPO Wishlist - 11/30/2005 12:55:36 AM   
Roger Neilson

Thanks, copied and on my desktop now.

Roger

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 23
RE: WPO Wishlist - 12/9/2005 3:02:16 AM   
Hellcat_Canada

I'd be highly interested in seeing that scenario that Tankerace meantioned concerning the Russo-Japanese War seeing the light of day. I'm about two third through "The Rising Sun and the Tumbling Bear" by Richard Connaughton, the similarities in Japanese tactics to those imployed in WWII are striking. (such as their surprise attack on Port Aurthur)

Post #: 24
RE: WPO Wishlist - 12/10/2005 12:47:48 AM   
Fallschirmjager

In the next patch, could you also make it possible for Karachi or Columbo to be used to convert ships?
As is the British are kind of screwed out of chances to convert ships unless they make the Looooong trek across the Pacific

(in reply to Hellcat_Canada)
Post #: 25
RE: WPO Wishlist - 12/12/2005 10:59:17 AM   
RedLancer

I've noticed that HMS Courageous was fitted as a minelayer in 1917. Would it be possible to include this role in WPO? (Presuming she retained this capacity anyway)

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 26
RE: WPO Wishlist - 12/12/2005 9:06:20 PM   
Tankerace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

I've noticed that HMS Courageous was fitted as a minelayer in 1917. Would it be possible to include this role in WPO? (Presuming she retained this capacity anyway)

Can Do.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 27
RE: WPO Wishlist - 12/13/2005 4:24:45 AM   
BlackSunshine

I would like to request that the Japanese start with more sub tenders. As it is now, they only begin the game with 2. For 50+ subs to begin with, I think that is a little low. It certainly doesn't allow you to spread your subs out much. I would like to see 4 more. So 6 to start the game.

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 28
RE: WPO Wishlist - 12/13/2005 4:31:32 AM   
Tankerace

No can do. While with WPO I include never were designs, I have not included any fantasy designs. Those were all the Japanese had, so it is all they get. The USN needs an actual cruiser force, but as the designs weren't there, they don't get any to round out their navy.

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlackSunshine

I would like to request that the Japanese start with more sub tenders. As it is now, they only begin the game with 2. For 50+ subs to begin with, I think that is a little low. It certainly doesn't allow you to spread your subs out much. I would like to see 4 more. So 6 to start the game.

(in reply to BlackSunshine)
Post #: 29
RE: WPO Wishlist - 12/15/2005 8:22:12 PM   
crsutton

Just downloaded last night so really have little input except to say thanks for the excellent work.

Will we ever see scenarios of a later period? Say 1936-39 It would be fun to see the last pre-war generation of ships and airplanes in action. Don't know if it can be done in the scope of this game but it would be fun.

Does not have to be a big campaign. A small battle campaign would work nice.

Now that you are done, it is important that we all find things to keep you busy.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> WPO Wishlist Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI