Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! Page: <<   < prev  51 52 [53] 54 55   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/20/2006 8:56:31 PM   
Andy Mac

I have about 15,000 all in I think LBA and Carrier

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1561
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/20/2006 9:01:19 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

I have about 15,000 all in I think LBA and Carrier

15000 pilots or 15000 fighters?

Don't know if i want to compare to PzB - that might be considered "spying"... (need smiley of blindfold guy against a wall, smoking a cigarette... )

EDIT: i am not sure how one would even go about comparing pilot training, since the total numbers would depend on how many survived getting shot down. I.e., if PzB produced 29000 pilots, and lost 19000, and you produced 20000 pilots and lost 5000... (made up numbers)... you could outnumber him in pilots without outtraining him. i suspect this is NOT the case, but it would be a difficult and time consuming process to figure out who trained more, i think.

Total fighter production would be rather easier, of course...

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 11/20/2006 9:07:46 PM >

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1562
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/20/2006 9:35:33 PM   
ChezDaJez

quote:

Yes, well this is the problem that can develop in WITP - and it appears HAS developed in this particular game: Japan can outproduce the Allies in fighters and in trained pilots.

Aircraft, yes... trained pilots, no because the Allies have the ability to train pilots in the same manner as the Japanese. Andy chooses not to train his pilots that way and I respect that. But in general, the USAAF gets far more than the 30 trained IJAAF/IJNAAF pilots per month that the Japanese do so some on-map training is a must for the Japanese if he wishes to last through 1944. Now the USN pilot issue is a different animal. I agree with Andy here.... it is too low.

As to the earlier posts concerning the number of pilots the USAAF trained, I did some digging with the Air Force Historical Studies Office and found an article entitled "Training to Fly: Military Flight Training, 1907 to 1945." It is available as a PDF download but be advised it is a very big file (700mg+). It can be found here: USAF Flight Training

It is 690 pages and focuses mainly on the build up to and the training during WWII. Very comprehensive but with very few tables so you have to dig the data out. Very interesting reading, especially regarding the quality of that training. Here's an excerpt from a report by the 2nd Air Force in the summer of 1943:

"Not only is the Second Air Force require to take co-pilots and give them a very short transition period to first pilots, but all deficiencies in all crew members between training and combat must be made up by the Second Air Force... Likewise, the crew training problem is further aggravated by the fact that very often aerial gunners assigned to the Second Air Force have never fired guns in the air, radio operators have never operated a radio set in a B-17 or B-24, either on the ground or in the air, and aerial engineers have had no practical maintenance experience on a B-17 or B-24. At times, the situation has become so acute that individual crew members must be trained by the Second Air Force from available basic personnel."

As to pilot training, it basically says that between 1 July 1939 and 31 August 1945, 193,440 pilots graduated from Advanced Training with 74,000 of these pilots graduating in 1944 alone. Of those, 108,000 graduated from transition (operational/replacement airgroups) training between 1942 and 1945 and were made available for combat duty. Most of the others were assigned to instructor or bombadier/navigator duties, washed out, or were female.

60% percent of those graduating from transition training were trained as multi-engine bomber pilots. (Interesting note: of the 4 multi-engine training schools operating in 1942, only 1 had multi-engine aircraft assigned!) That leaves 43,200 pilots trained for single-egine aircraft of all types including recon, observation, dive bomber, fighter, fighter-bomber, etc between 1 January 1942 and 312 August 1945, a period of 44 months.

Breaking it down further yields a single-engine combat pilot monthly graduation rate of approx 982. Assuming the Pacific theater received 30% of these, that yields about 295 pilots per month. Now I don't know how many were assigned to fighter or fighter bomber duties but you can see that the numbers are not as great as one would think.

Anyways, food for thought. Not intending to start a debate or flame war.

Chez

Ret Navy AWCS (1972-1998)
VP-5, Jacksonville, Fl 1973-78
ASW Ops Center, Rota, Spain 1978-81
VP-40, Mt View, Ca 1981-87
Patrol Wing 10, Mt View, CA 1987-90
ASW Ops Center, Adak, Ak 1990-92
NRD Seattle 1992-96
VP-46, Whidbey Isl, Wa 1996-98

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1563
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/20/2006 9:44:18 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

Aircraft, yes... trained pilots, no because the Allies have the ability to train pilots in the same manner as the Japanese.

Not in my experience. The Japanese can bomb the more-or-less-defenseless Chinese units for practice *almost* from day 1. They can expand so that the leave dot bases and bomb those. Not until relatively late in the game does the Allied player get the chance to bomb "dot" bases that can't be defended by LRCAP, etc.

(in reply to ChezDaJez)
Post #: 1564
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/20/2006 10:07:07 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChezDaJez

quote:

Yes, well this is the problem that can develop in WITP - and it appears HAS developed in this particular game: Japan can outproduce the Allies in fighters and in trained pilots.

Aircraft, yes... trained pilots, no because the Allies have the ability to train pilots in the same manner as the Japanese. Andy chooses not to train his pilots that way and I respect that. But in general, the USAAF gets far more than the 30 trained IJAAF/IJNAAF pilots per month that the Japanese do so some on-map training is a must for the Japanese if he wishes to last through 1944. Now the USN pilot issue is a different animal. I agree with Andy here.... it is too low.

As to the earlier posts concerning the number of pilots the USAAF trained, I did some digging with the Air Force Historical Studies Office and found an article entitled "Training to Fly: Military Flight Training, 1907 to 1945." It is available as a PDF download but be advised it is a very big file (700mg+). It can be found here: USAF Flight Training

It is 690 pages and focuses mainly on the build up to and the training during WWII. Very comprehensive but with very few tables so you have to dig the data out. Very interesting reading, especially regarding the quality of that training. Here's an excerpt from a report by the 2nd Air Force in the summer of 1943:

"Not only is the Second Air Force require to take co-pilots and give them a very short transition period to first pilots, but all deficiencies in all crew members between training and combat must be made up by the Second Air Force... Likewise, the crew training problem is further aggravated by the fact that very often aerial gunners assigned to the Second Air Force have never fired guns in the air, radio operators have never operated a radio set in a B-17 or B-24, either on the ground or in the air, and aerial engineers have had no practical maintenance experience on a B-17 or B-24. At times, the situation has become so acute that individual crew members must be trained by the Second Air Force from available basic personnel."

As to pilot training, it basically says that between 1 July 1939 and 31 August 1945, 193,440 pilots graduated from Advanced Training with 74,000 of these pilots graduating in 1944 alone. Of those, 108,000 graduated from transition (operational/replacement airgroups) training between 1942 and 1945 and were made available for combat duty. Most of the others were assigned to instructor or bombadier/navigator duties, washed out, or were female.

60% percent of those graduating from transition training were trained as multi-engine bomber pilots. (Interesting note: of the 4 multi-engine training schools operating in 1942, only 1 had multi-engine aircraft assigned!) That leaves 43,200 pilots trained for single-egine aircraft of all types including recon, observation, dive bomber, fighter, fighter-bomber, etc between 1 January 1942 and 312 August 1945, a period of 44 months.

Breaking it down further yields a single-engine combat pilot monthly graduation rate of approx 982. Assuming the Pacific theater received 30% of these, that yields about 295 pilots per month. Now I don't know how many were assigned to fighter or fighter bomber duties but you can see that the numbers are not as great as one would think.

Anyways, food for thought. Not intending to start a debate or flame war.

Chez

These raw numbers correspond pretty well to the USAAF Statistical review that i referenced. i am not sure why you exclude multi-engined aircraft from the pacific as they were certainly used there by the USAAF, although i am sure the bulk of them went to Europe. AFAIK, all of the B-29s went to PTO/CIM, not Europe whch would be excluded by excluding non-single engine aircraft. Also, large number of multi-engine transports were used to supply China (which would be excluded by removing multi-engine types).

But the USAAF statistical review says a total of 80744 aircrew (i.e. - crew for 1 aircraft of the particular type if we accept Timtom's idea, which i think is correct) were produced in 33 months, an average of 2446.8 per month (this included co-pilots which are not considering as pilots for purposes of WITP). If we include HBs/ VHBs at 33% to WITP theaters, that is 807/month in Dec 42 - Aug 45 (note the first year of the war was not included in their table for some reason). Using 30% gives 735 pilots per month. WITP does not (of course) differentiate between single- and multi-engine pilot types.

However, 500 per month seems a "reasonable" compromise for USAAF as we average in the early part of the war. 200 per month for the Navy/USMC does not seem reasonable, however.

Please note, i am not trying to figure out how many FIGHTER pilots went to WITP-land, but how many TOTAL pilots (since the game does not differentiate.)

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 11/20/2006 10:10:56 PM >

(in reply to ChezDaJez)
Post #: 1565
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/20/2006 10:08:38 PM   
ChezDaJez

quote:

Not in my experience.

Nor in mine as a Japanese player because I try not to use on-map training. The only time I do is to soften up a target that is on my list of "things to elminate." I'll use my lowest exp units to do so, assuking their is no air opposition.

So far in my game with Andy (we are in Sep 42), my pilot exp remains fairly high but that is primarily because we have not had that much air-air combat during the past few game months. However, this lull may be ending as Andy is starting to bomb some of my airfields on a regular basis.

One note... My pilot exp levels have been decreasing slowly every month simply due to ops losses. I'm losing 3-5 pilots per day just through operational losses. Granted most of these are transport and patrol pilots, but they are preventing me from building a pool of trained pilots to replace ops or combat losses in my fighters and bombers. Once Andy begins his offensive(s), I will be hard pressed to maintain any semblance of pilot experience without resorting to on-map training.

I will eventually be forced to use it or concede the air to him. And that would spell defeat on a very rapid basis. Even on-map training of the magnitude that PzB uses isn't enough to delay, let alone stop, the allied advance, Granted, PzB has occasionally inflicted some telling losses on Andy's air forces, but he cannot stop them from coming.

Anyways,

Chez

NRD Seattle 1992-96

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1566
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/20/2006 10:14:41 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

Nor in mine as a Japanese player because I try not to use on-map training.

My hat is doffed to you, sir... i haven't seen restraint this from most players (in reading over AARs, etc.)

(in reply to ChezDaJez)
Post #: 1567
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/20/2006 10:27:19 PM   
ChezDaJez

quote:

Please note, i am not trying to figure out how many FIGHTER pilots went to WITP-land, but how many TOTAL pilots (since the game does not differentiate.)

Didn't mean to exclude the multi-engine pilots, I just focused on single-engine pilots.

60% of the 108000 pilots graduating from transition training were assigned to multi-engine units (note...not just bombers but transport, patrol, etc...), that yields 64800 pilots (includes copilots) trained for multi-engine duty.

If we assume 33% were sent to the Pacific, that gives a figure of 21384 during a 44 month period or an average of 486 multi-engine pilots per month.

Taking a look at it another way... 108000 pilots graduate transition training during a 44 month period (1 Jan 42 - 31 Aug 45). 33% of those are sent to the Pacific for a total of 35640 pilots. The majority of those should become available during 1944 (33% of 74000 trained = 24400). But as WitP doesn't provide for anything other than an average, it would yield an average of 810 pilots per month. Call it closer to 750 a month to account for any personnel issues. That would be a reasonable rate I think (though as a Japanese player, I would argue that there shouldn't be any increases until the Japanese pilot program is fixed also!!!)

Chez

NRD Seattle 1992-96

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1568
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/20/2006 10:35:21 PM   
ChezDaJez

quote:

My hat is doffed to you, sir...

Thank you, sir, but it is undeserving. I'm sure there are or will be other things I do that aren't so gallant (now where did I put that bombardment TF?... oh, yeah, its sitting in port, licking its wounds).

BTW, if and when I do use on-map pilot training, I will be sure to assign the units to that theater of ops... that's another thing I refuse to do... base units in a theater they are not assigned to.

Nice to have a discussion with no yelling or insults

Chez

NRD Seattle 1992-96

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1569
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/20/2006 11:12:57 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChezDaJez

quote:

My hat is doffed to you, sir...

Thank you, sir, but it is undeserving. I'm sure there are or will be other things I do that aren't so gallant (now where did I put that bombardment TF?... oh, yeah, its sitting in port, licking its wounds).

BTW, if and when I do use on-map pilot training, I will be sure to assign the units to that theater of ops... that's another thing I refuse to do... base units in a theater they are not assigned to.

Nice to have a discussion with no yelling or insults

Chez

Thanks again!

WITP per Matrix/3x5 is (i think) trying to make a balanced game.

RHS/CHS are supposed to try to make a realistic simulation rather than a balanced game if i understand it. i could be wrong. If they are sticking as a game rather than trying to create more of a sim - then my comments hold no weight about how many pilots should be showing up.

(in reply to ChezDaJez)
Post #: 1570
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/21/2006 12:00:24 AM   
Andy Mac

OK the first of the trio goes down Khota is cleared of enemy troops my forces will begin to consolidate

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 11/07/44

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 17 encounters mine field at Kagoshima (58,43)

Japanese Ships
MSW Rikusen Maru
MSW Kaiyo Maru #1
MSW Bisan Maru
MSW Toshi Maru #5
MSW Toshi Maru #2
MSW Toshi Maru #1
MSW Toroshima Maru

Allied Ships
SS Blackfin, and is sunk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Kweiyang , at 41,35

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 124
N1K1-J George x 75
D4Y Judy x 9
B7A Grace x 34
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 96
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 69

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
26 casualties reported

Airbase hits 23
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 252

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 309
J2M Jack x 27
D4Y Judy x 63
B5N Kate x 27
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 36
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 33

No Japanese losses

Airbase hits 18
Airbase supply hits 7
Runway hits 294

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
B7A Grace x 18

No Japanese losses

Runway hits 14

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x B7A Grace bombing at 10000 feet

Japanese aircraft
B7A Grace x 26

No Japanese losses

Runway hits 18

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on Chungking , at 43,32

Japanese aircraft
J2M Jack x 27
B6N Jill x 3
P1Y Frances x 52
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 76
Ki-46-III Dinah x 5

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
26 casualties reported

Airbase hits 5
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 95

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on Singapore , at 23,50

Allied aircraft
P-47D Thunderbolt x 18

No Allied losses

Allied aircraft
B-24J Liberator x 15

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
36 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 30

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on Kendari , at 33,71

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 10
Spitfire VIII x 8

No Allied losses

Day Air attack on Hollandia , at 49,79

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 5
PB4Y Liberator x 6

No Allied losses

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 7

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on 84th Chinese Corps, at 43,35

Japanese aircraft
D4Y Judy x 23
B7A Grace x 56
Ki-102a Randy x 10

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on 18th/A Division, at 52,81

Allied aircraft
F-5A Lightning x 1

No Allied losses

Day Air attack on 35th Ind.Mixed/B Brigade, at 23,49

Allied aircraft
B-25J Mitchell x 34

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
31 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on 26th Special Base Force, at 23,44

Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 5
P-40N Warhawk x 65

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
39 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF at 30,56

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 25
B-25J Mitchell x 36

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
PC PC-56
PC PC-54, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
PC PC-130, Bomb hits 7, on fire, heavy damage
PC Nichi Maru #1
PC PC-132, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
Ground combat at Georgetown

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 7832 troops, 94 guns, 9 vehicles, Assault Value = 138

Defending force 1164 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 31

Allied max assault: 234 - adjusted assault: 100

Japanese max defense: 26 - adjusted defense: 7

Allied assault odds: 14 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
44 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
109 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Ground combat at Mersing

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 17677 troops, 140 guns, 210 vehicles, Assault Value = 413

Defending force 2051 troops, 1 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 12

Allied max assault: 720 - adjusted assault: 1053

Japanese max defense: 6 - adjusted defense: 1

Allied assault odds: 1053 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
242 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Ground combat at Khota Bharu

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 3586 troops, 0 guns, 169 vehicles, Assault Value = 104

Defending force 1070 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 11

Allied max assault: 172 - adjusted assault: 164

Japanese max defense: 6 - adjusted defense: 1

Allied assault odds: 164 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
2119 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1571
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/21/2006 1:22:26 AM   
jolly_pillager

I won't use it in my game vs. wneumann...we'll see what happens to my aircrew after a year or two without.

***EDIT***

This is in response to the on-map pilot training discussion above

< Message edited by jolly_pillager -- 11/21/2006 1:26:28 AM >

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1572
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/23/2006 7:24:38 PM   
Andy Mac

Heheh I never ban my opponents from using it I just dont do it myself and reserve the right to come to the forum and snivel and whine about it and of course pretedn I have the moral high ground all the time putting 400 a/c on a lvl 4 airbase........

OK time is moving on Malacca has been cleared my subs following Speedy's advice are sinking a few tankers but to be honest I think its to little to late.

My forces are congregating ready for the show down 2 - 3 weeks before the amphibs are ready to load at pearl in the meantime resupply continues and I am transferring more troops to Malaya.

I have decided to try and pick off a few HK's so a 3 Carrier TF is heading north to try and pick em off .

(in reply to jolly_pillager)
Post #: 1573
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/23/2006 10:12:05 PM   
Speedysteve

Glad I could help Andy. As mentioned the key is moving them and keeping an eye on things. Sounds simple I know

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1574
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/24/2006 4:49:43 AM   
Nemo121

quote:

Heheh I never ban my opponents from using it I just dont do it myself and reserve the right to come to the forum and snivel and whine about it and of course pretedn I have the moral high ground all the time putting 400 a/c on a lvl 4 airbase........

LOL!

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 1575
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/25/2006 10:05:44 PM   
Andy Mac

A few postings to put up I am a few days behind so rapid fire posting for a while

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 11/08/44

Bugger !!!! these HK groups will need to be dealt with I have a plan !!!

Sub attack at 48,48

Japanese Ships
PC Oki
PC Ch 14
PG Daido Maru
PC PC-51
PC Shonan
PC Wakamiya
PC Mutsure

Allied Ships
SS Spot, hits 3

My bombers are bombing Singers now I have prepared for this by shipping in lots of supplies the next wave is going in with 100k more

Allied aircraft
B-24J Liberator x 23

Allied aircraft losses
B-24J Liberator: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
174 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Airbase hits 5
Runway hits 44

Aircraft Attacking:

Day Air attack on 55th Division, at 81,84

Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 3
F4U-1D Corsair x 22
P-40N Warhawk x 27

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
FM-2 Wildcat x 9
F6F Hellcat x 5
Liberator VI x 6
Beaufighter VIC x 16
Mosquito FB.VI x 12
P-40N Warhawk x 67
P-38J Lightning x 11
B-25J Mitchell x 100
B-24J Liberator x 34

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
119 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:

Time to kill some pests !!!!

Day Air attack on TF, near Kuching at 28,56

Japanese aircraft
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 23

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 27
B-25J Mitchell x 27

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-84-Ia Frank: 7 destroyed, 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-40N Warhawk: 8 destroyed
B-25J Mitchell: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
PC PC-56, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
PC Nichi Maru #1, Bomb hits 4, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
P-47D Thunderbolt x 18

No Allied losses

Day Air attack on 18th/A Division, at 52,81

Allied aircraft
F-5A Lightning x 1

No Allied losses

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 7796 troops, 94 guns, 9 vehicles, Assault Value = 132

Defending force 918 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 29

Allied max assault: 224 - adjusted assault: 121

Japanese max defense: 24 - adjusted defense: 11

Allied assault odds: 11 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
60 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
29 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Ground combat at Mersing

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 17678 troops, 139 guns, 210 vehicles, Assault Value = 414

Defending force 1745 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 6

Allied max assault: 722 - adjusted assault: 399

Japanese max defense: 3 - adjusted defense: 1

Allied assault odds: 399 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
3640 casualties reported
Guns lost 11

Allied ground losses:
5 casualties reported

MERSING IS FINALLY CLEARED !!!!

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 1576
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/25/2006 10:08:21 PM   
Andy Mac

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 11/09/44

ASW CONTINUES TO GO AGAINST ME

ASW attack at 61,45

Japanese Ships
MSW Ranzan Maru
MSW Tamozono Maru #2
MSW Noshiro Maru #2
MSW Choun Maru #7
MSW W.7
MSW W.20
MSW W.11
MSW W.17
APD APD-34

Allied Ships
SS Trout

Allied aircraft
B-24J Liberator x 20

Allied aircraft losses
B-24J Liberator: 4 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
170 casualties reported
Guns lost 4

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 23

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
9 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 8
Spitfire VIII x 5

No Allied losses

DECIDED TO DEAL WITH SOME PESTS THAT HAD REESTABLISHED HIMSELF AT TRUK

Day Air attack on Truk , at 63,78

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
Liberator VI x 12
P-38J Lightning x 8
F-5C Lightning x 5
PB4Y Liberator x 6
B-24J Liberator x 21

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M2 Betty: 6 destroyed
Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 8 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
B-24J Liberator: 5 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
43 casualties reported
Guns lost 4

Airbase hits 13
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 43

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 3
F4U-1D Corsair x 23
P-40N Warhawk x 26

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:

Day Air attack on 18th/B Division, at 52,81

Allied aircraft
F-5A Lightning x 1

No Allied losses

Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 2
Liberator VI x 9
Beaufighter VIC x 16
Mosquito FB.VI x 12
P-40N Warhawk x 56
B-25J Mitchell x 111
B-24J Liberator x 23

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:

OUCH ANOTHER SUB GOES DOWN

ASW attack at 59,62

Japanese Ships
PC Hiburi
PC Ukuru
PC Chiburi
PC Awaji
PC Iki
PC Manju
PC Amakusa
PC Kanju

Allied Ships
SS S-43, hits 7

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 7895 troops, 92 guns, 9 vehicles, Assault Value = 130

Defending force 839 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 25

Allied max assault: 222 - adjusted assault: 99

Japanese max defense: 21 - adjusted defense: 6

Allied assault odds: 16 to 1

Allied ground losses:
43 casualties reported

THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING THEY ARE NOT GOING DOWN

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1577
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/25/2006 10:12:00 PM   
Andy Mac

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 11/10/44

HOOYA PIPEFISH GETS A KILL

Sub attack at 27,53

Japanese Ships
MSW Wa 10, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Pipefish

FINBACK IS OK SHE WILL LIVE

Sub attack at 40,52

Japanese Ships
PC PC-18, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
PC PC-25
PC PC-22
PC PC-21
PC PC-10
PC PC-1
PC Nomi
PC Tsushima

Allied Ships
SS Finback, hits 4

MY BOMBERS ARE NOT MAKING MUCH PROGRESS THE REAL OFFENSIVE FROM THE AIR WILL ONLY BEGIN WHEN BOTH GEORGETOWN AND KHOTA ARE READY WHICH WILL TAKE 2 WEEKS THEN I BRING IN THE REAL HEAVIES TO TAKE CARE OF THE TRAINING CAMPS IN CHINA AND SINAPORE

Allied aircraft
B-24J Liberator x 14

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported

Airbase hits 5
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 24

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
Liberator VI x 15
P-38J Lightning x 19
F-5C Lightning x 4
PB4Y Liberator x 9
B-24J Liberator x 36

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 3 destroyed
G4M2 Betty: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Liberator VI: 1 damaged
B-24J Liberator: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
16 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 21
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 112

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
FM-2 Wildcat x 9
F6F Hellcat x 4
Liberator VI x 7
Beaufighter VIC x 16
Mosquito FB.VI x 12
P-40N Warhawk x 60
P-38J Lightning x 14
B-25J Mitchell x 80
B-24J Liberator x 39

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
BASHAW GETS A KICKING FOR MISSING ABUSE FROM CENTPAC FOR THAT ONE
Sub attack at 28,52

Japanese Ships
TK Gen'yo Maru

Allied Ships
SS Bashaw

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 7857 troops, 89 guns, 9 vehicles, Assault Value = 126

Defending force 852 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 26

Allied max assault: 216 - adjusted assault: 84

Japanese max defense: 22 - adjusted defense: 3

Allied assault odds: 28 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
14 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
71 casualties reported

THESE ATTACKS ARE NOT WORKING THESE ARE STUBBORN GITS

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1578
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/25/2006 10:15:06 PM   
Andy Mac

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 11/11/44

OK THIS IS MORE LIKE IT FULL SUB ON FIRE

Sub attack at 31,50

Japanese Ships
TK Gen'yo Maru, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Escolar

MEDIUMS ARE HITTING SINGAPORE ROUND THE CLOCK

Allied aircraft
P-38J Lightning x 76
B-25J Mitchell x 55

Allied aircraft losses
B-25J Mitchell: 3 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
254 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Airbase hits 17
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 92

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
Liberator VI x 10
Mosquito FB.VI x 10
B-25J Mitchell x 76
B-24J Liberator x 39

Allied aircraft losses
B-25J Mitchell: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
88 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Airbase hits 14
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 108
Port hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
B-24J Liberator x 13

Allied aircraft losses

Runway hits 11

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 8

No Allied losses

Day Air attack on Amboina , at 39,73

Allied aircraft
Beaufighter Mk 21 x 5
B-25J Mitchell x 27

Allied aircraft losses
B-25J Mitchell: 1 destroyed, 3 damaged

Airbase hits 5
Airbase supply hits 8
Runway hits 24

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
Liberator VI x 12
F-5C Lightning x 2
PB4Y Liberator x 10
B-24J Liberator x 30

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-46-III Dinah: 1 destroyed
Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
PB4Y Liberator: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
10 casualties reported

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 77

Aircraft Attacking:

Day Air attack on 4th Mixed/B Brigade, at 23,50

Allied aircraft
TBM Avenger x 30
P-38J Lightning x 4
P-47D Thunderbolt x 13

Allied aircraft losses
P-47D Thunderbolt: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
89 casualties reported
Guns lost 4

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 9
TBM Avenger x 5
Beaufighter VIC x 3
Beaufighter Mk 21 x 3
P-38J Lightning x 17

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
52 casualties reported
Guns lost 5

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on 56th/C Division, at 23,50

Allied aircraft
SB2C Helldiver x 49
TBM Avenger x 48
Boomerang II x 8
Spitfire VIII x 9
P-40N Warhawk x 8

Allied aircraft losses
SB2C Helldiver: 2 damaged
TBM Avenger: 2 damaged
P-40N Warhawk: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
121 casualties reported
Guns lost 11

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 5
Beaufighter VIC x 14
Mosquito FB.VI x 2
P-40N Warhawk x 60

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF at 28,67

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 9

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
AG AG-2084, Shell hits 4, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AG AG-5116, Shell hits 8, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF at 28,67

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 7

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AG AG-2081, Shell hits 4, on fire
AG AG-353

Aircraft Attacking:
OK BASHAW IS GIVEN A REPRIEVE FOR MISSING YESTERDAY

Sub attack at 28,51

Japanese Ships
TK Ayazono Maru, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
MSW W.26

Allied Ships
SS Bashaw

ASW attack at 28,51

Japanese Ships
MSW W.26

Allied Ships
SS Bashaw

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1579
GETTING READY FOR THE FIGHT - 11/25/2006 10:17:25 PM   
Andy Mac

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 11/12/44

Allied aircraft
P-38J Lightning x 30
B-25J Mitchell x 42

Allied aircraft losses
B-25J Mitchell: 5 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
50 casualties reported

Airbase hits 9
Runway hits 71

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
B-25J Mitchell x 3

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
Liberator VI x 11
Mosquito FB.VI x 10
B-25J Mitchell x 119
B-24J Liberator x 29

Allied aircraft losses
B-25J Mitchell: 1 destroyed

Japanese ground losses:
105 casualties reported
Guns lost 5

Airbase hits 13
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 148
Port hits 13
Port fuel hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
Liberator VI x 15
F-5C Lightning x 4
PB4Y Liberator x 8
B-24J Liberator x 34

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese ground losses:
10 casualties reported

Airbase hits 11
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 78

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
TBM Avenger x 25
P-38J Lightning x 8
P-47D Thunderbolt x 12

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
45 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
13 x TBM Avenger bombing at 20000 feet

Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 5
SB2C Helldiver x 51
TBM Avenger x 37
Boomerang II x 5
Spitfire VIII x 9
P-40N Warhawk x 9

Allied aircraft losses
P-40N Warhawk: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
59 casualties reported
Guns lost 4
Vehicles lost 2

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
FM-2 Wildcat x 11
F6F Hellcat x 5
Beaufighter VIC x 14
Mosquito FB.VI x 2
P-40N Warhawk x 60
P-38J Lightning x 15

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF at 30,67

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 7

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AG AG-2081, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
AG AG-366, Shell hits 4, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF at 30,67

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 7

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AG AG-2082, Shell hits 4, on fire
AG AG-2095

Aircraft Attacking:
ASW attack at 49,51

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 14
PG Daido Maru
PC PC-51
PC Shonan
PC Wakamiya
PC Mutsure
PC Oki

Allied Ships
SS Scabbardfish

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1580
RE: GETTING READY FOR THE FIGHT - 11/25/2006 10:20:30 PM   
Andy Mac

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 11/13/44

GOOD EVASION BY PICKEREL

ASW attack at 39,51

Japanese Ships
PG Saiko Maru
PG Kyo Maru #10
PG Koei Maru
PG Ikunta Maru
PG Chosa Maru
PG Uji
PG Saga
MSW Hinode Maru #18

Allied Ships
SS Pickerel

SPOT SINKS ANOTHER MSW

Sub attack at 31,51

Japanese Ships
MSW W.26, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Spot

GUAVINA IS NOT SO LUCKY THE PC GOES DOWN BUT SO DOES SHE

Sub attack at 39,52

Japanese Ships
PC PC-10, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
PC PC-25
PC PC-22
PC PC-21
PC PC-1
PC Nomi
PC Tsushima

Allied Ships
SS Guavina, hits 14

SCABBARDFISH NOT SO GOOD EITHER THESE HK GROUPS ARE NASTY

ASW attack at 49,51

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 14
PG Daido Maru
PC PC-51

Allied Ships
SS Scabbardfish, hits 21, on fire, heavy damage

Allied aircraft
P-38J Lightning x 31
B-25J Mitchell x 36

Allied aircraft losses
B-25J Mitchell: 5 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
77 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 7
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 45

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
B-25J Mitchell x 28

Allied aircraft losses
B-25J Mitchell: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
38 casualties reported

Runway hits 29

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
Liberator VI x 9
Mosquito FB.VI x 10
B-25J Mitchell x 117
B-24J Liberator x 32

Allied aircraft losses
B-25J Mitchell: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
146 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Airbase hits 10
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 84
Port hits 10
Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
B-24J Liberator x 21

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese ground losses:
13 casualties reported

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 24

Aircraft Attacking:
ss s-38 IS DOWN AS WELL

ASW attack at 62,58

Japanese Ships
PC Hiburi
PC Ukuru
PC Chiburi
PC Awaji
PC Iki
PC Manju

Allied Ships
SS S-38, hits 16, on fire, heavy damage

SPADEFISH IS CRIPPLED

ASW attack at 52,43

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 15
PC Ch 8
PC Ch 2
PC Takunan Maru #10
PC Takuna Maru #6
PC Showa Maru #5
PC PC-26
PC Yashiro

Allied Ships
SS Spadefish, hits 3

NOT A GOOD DAY FOR ALLIED ASW

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1581
RE: GETTING READY FOR THE FIGHT - 11/25/2006 10:23:47 PM   
Andy Mac

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 11/14/44

OK THIS IS GETTING BAD THE HK GROUPS ARE BLOODY PSYCHIC

LOTS OF ATTACKS ON SINGAPORE AND HIS TRAINING MISSIONS BUT POINTLESS GOING THROUGH THEM ALL

ASW attack at 52,43

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 15
PC Ch 8
PC Ch 2
PC Takunan Maru #10
PC Takuna Maru #6
PC Showa Maru #5
PC PC-26
PC Yashiro

Allied Ships
SS Spadefish, hits 18, on fire, heavy damage

Sub attack at 32,50

Japanese Ships
TK San Luis Maru
MSW W.34
MSW Wa 12
PC Miyake
PC Mikura
PC Matsuwa
PC Sado

Allied Ships
SS Pilotfish, hits 5

ASW attack at 39,51

Japanese Ships
PG Saiko Maru
PG Kyo Maru #10
PG Koei Maru
PG Ikunta Maru
PG Chosa Maru
PG Uji
PG Saga
MSW Hinode Maru #18

Allied Ships
SS Tambor, hits 1

ASW attack at 25,54

Japanese Ships
PC Shonan Maru #6
PC PC-23
PC PC-13
PC PC-11
PC PC-9
PC PC-8
PC PC-3
PC Aguni
PC Kume
PC Okinawa

Allied Ships
SS Cod, hits 7

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1582
RE: GETTING READY FOR THE FIGHT - 11/25/2006 10:27:01 PM   
Andy Mac

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 11/15/44

AND MORE OF THE SAME WHATS THE POINT IN HAVING SUBS GRRRRR

I HAVE TO GIVE THEM SOME COVER NO CHOICE

ASW attack at 58,47

Japanese Ships
MSW Ranzan Maru
MSW Tamozono Maru #2
MSW Noshiro Maru #2
MSW Choun Maru #7
MSW W.7
MSW W.20
MSW W.11
MSW W.17
APD APD-34

Allied Ships
SS Jallao, hits 1
ATTACK ON MY CONVOY HEADING FOR SINGAPORE TO REINFORCE 1ST AUS ARMY BEFORE THE ASSAULT ON SINGAPORE

GOING TO SEPERATE THE CV COVER TO GO KILL SOME ASW GROUPS AND I AM SENDING A TF FROM ENTIWOK TO DO THE SAME MY SUBS NEED SOME COVER
Day Air attack on TF at 24,58

Japanese aircraft
D4Y Judy x 14
Ki-43-IIa Oscar x 26

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 1
FM-2 Wildcat x 25
F6F Hellcat x 41
F4U-1D Corsair x 11

Japanese aircraft losses
D4Y Judy: 12 destroyed
Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 16 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F6F Hellcat: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged
F4U-1D Corsair: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
CVE Santee

Day Air attack on TF at 28,52

Allied aircraft
Mosquito FB.VI x 10
B-25J Mitchell x 10

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
PC PC-9
TK Kyoie Maru
TK Akebono Maru
TK Nitiei Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire
TK Marifu Maru
TK Arita Maru

Aircraft Attacking:

Sub attack at 28,52

Japanese Ships
TK Otowasan Maru
PC Shonan Maru #6
PC PC-23
PC PC-13
PC PC-11
PC PC-9
PC PC-8
PC PC-3
PC Aguni
PC Kume
PC Okinawa

Allied Ships
SS Corvina, hits 11, on fire, heavy damage

ASW attack at 48,58

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 14
PG Daido Maru
PC PC-51
PC Shonan
PC Wakamiya
PC Mutsure
PC Oki

Allied Ships
SS O24

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1583
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/26/2006 10:18:57 PM   
Andy Mac

OK there you go these HK Groups are bloody nasty but my carriers are in place to try and hit back !!!!

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 11/17/44

ASW attack at 51,48

Japanese Ships
PC Shonan Maru #17
PC Shonon Maru #3
PC Tama Maru #8
PC Toshi Maru #3
PC Kyo Maru #12
PG Yoshida Maru
PG Santos Maru
PG Seiko Maru
MSW Eguchi Maru
MSW Choun Maru #21

Allied Ships
SS S-39, hits 5

ASW attack at 51,48

Japanese Ships
PC PC-34
PC PC-33

Allied Ships
SS S-39, hits 11, on fire, heavy damage

ASW attack at 61,55

Japanese Ships
PC PC-50
PC PC-46
PC PC-44
PC PC-43
PC PC-42
PC PC-39
PC PC-38
PC PC-35

Allied Ships
SS Tarpon, hits 28, on fire, heavy damage

Sub attack at 42,44

Japanese Ships
TK Itsukushima Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
MSW Banshu Maru #51
MSW Tama Maru
MSW Mejima Maru
MSW Shawa Maru #10
MSW Rokko Maru
MSW Atsu Maru
MSW Shonan Maru #7
MSW Fukeui Maru #7
TK Toen Maru
MSW Banshu Maru #52

Allied Ships
SS Sea Fox

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 121
N1K1-J George x 74
D4Y Judy x 9
B7A Grace x 30
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 100
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 36

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
14 casualties reported

Airbase hits 15
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 207

Aircraft Attacking:
36 x Ki-61 KAIc Tony bombing at 2000 feet
36 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
32 x Ki-61 KAIc Tony bombing at 2000 feet
27 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
24 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
9 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
27 x N1K1-J George bombing at 2000 feet
46 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
47 x N1K1-J George bombing at 2000 feet
16 x B7A Grace bombing at 9000 feet
14 x B7A Grace bombing at 15000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 473
J2M Jack x 95
D4Y Judy x 132
B5N Kate x 26
B6N Jill x 46
P1Y Frances x 9
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 35
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 34
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 48
Ki-102a Randy x 35

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
29 casualties reported

Airbase hits 29
Airbase supply hits 9
Runway hits 523

Aircraft Attacking:
24 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
26 x Ki-102a Randy bombing at 2000 feet
6 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
20 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
18 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
31 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
26 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
36 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
31 x B6N Jill bombing at 10000 feet
19 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
35 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
3 x P1Y Frances bombing at 10000 feet
9 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
6 x Ki-102a Randy bombing at 2000 feet
3 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
4 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
10 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
15 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
7 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
12 x B6N Jill bombing at 10000 feet
5 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
4 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
9 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
23 x Ki-43-Ib Oscar bombing at 2000 feet
25 x Ki-44-IIb Tojo bombing at 2000 feet
17 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
19 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
23 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
30 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
36 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
32 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
32 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
17 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
18 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
3 x Ki-102a Randy bombing at 2000 feet
3 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
3 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
3 x B6N Jill bombing at 10000 feet
2 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
3 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
6 x Ki-44-IIb Tojo bombing at 2000 feet
9 x Ki-43-Ib Oscar bombing at 2000 feet
9 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
10 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
12 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
6 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
3 x Ki-43-Ib Oscar bombing at 2000 feet
3 x Ki-44-IIb Tojo bombing at 2000 feet
3 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
2 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
2 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet

Japanese aircraft
B7A Grace x 18

No Japanese losses

Runway hits 17

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
B7A Grace x 25

No Japanese losses

Runway hits 27

Aircraft Attacking:
25 x B7A Grace bombing at 10000 feet
Day Air attack on Johore Bahru , at 22,49

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 35
B7A Grace x 12
Ki-43-IIa Oscar x 28
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 28

Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 2
Spitfire VIII x 13
P-40N Warhawk x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zeke: 24 destroyed
B7A Grace: 12 destroyed
Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 13 destroyed
Ki-84-Ia Frank: 10 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire VIII: 5 destroyed, 2 damaged
P-40N Warhawk: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft
B-25J Mitchell x 29

Allied aircraft losses
B-25J Mitchell: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
57 casualties reported

Port hits 14
Port supply hits 3

Aircraft Attacking:
20 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 15000 feet
9 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 15000 feet

Allied aircraft
B-24J Liberator x 21

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese ground losses:
44 casualties reported

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 14

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
6 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on Pinrang , at 31,67

Allied aircraft
Spitfire VIII x 5

No Allied losses

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 5
PB4Y Liberator x 8

No Allied losses

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 6

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
4 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 10000 feet

Allied aircraft
Liberator VI x 16
F-5C Lightning x 5
PB4Y Liberator x 11
B-24J Liberator x 35

Allied aircraft losses
Liberator VI: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged
B-24J Liberator: 3 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
38 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Airbase hits 9
Runway hits 93

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x Liberator VI bombing at 15000 feet
14 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
6 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
4 x Liberator VI bombing at 15000 feet
3 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
2 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
2 x Liberator VI bombing at 15000 feet
3 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on Wewak , at 52,81

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 35
F4U-1D Corsair x 21
F6F-5N Hellcat x 15
Hurricane II x 14
Kittyhawk III x 21

No Allied losses

Runway hits 8

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x F6F-5N Hellcat bombing at 2000 feet

Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 3
F4U-1D Corsair x 22
P-40N Warhawk x 29

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x P-40N Warhawk bombing at 2000 feet
18 x P-40N Warhawk bombing at 2000 feet
11 x F4U-1D Corsair bombing at 2000 feet
11 x F4U-1D Corsair bombing at 2000 feet
3 x F6F Hellcat bombing at 2000 feet

Allied aircraft
F-5A Lightning x 1

No Allied losses

Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 8
P-40N Warhawk x 60

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
60 x P-40N Warhawk bombing at 2000 feet

Allied aircraft
Mosquito PR.IX x 1

No Allied losses

Day Air attack on TF at 24,65

Allied aircraft
SB2C Helldiver x 20

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AG AG-5088
AG AG-5033, Shell hits 12, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x SB2C Helldiver attacking at 100 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Singapore at 23,50

Allied aircraft
SB2C Helldiver x 15
Boomerang II x 8
P-40N Warhawk x 8

Allied aircraft losses
SB2C Helldiver: 2 destroyed, 6 damaged
Boomerang II: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
DD Kaya
DD Kiri, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x SB2C Helldiver bombing at 2000 feet
8 x Boomerang II bombing at 2000 feet
8 x P-40N Warhawk bombing at 2000 feet
4 x SB2C Helldiver bombing at 2000 feet
3 x SB2C Helldiver bombing at 2000 feet
4 x SB2C Helldiver bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Singapore at 23,50

Allied aircraft
Mosquito FB.VI x 12
B-25J Mitchell x 12

Allied aircraft losses
Mosquito FB.VI: 1 damaged
B-25J Mitchell: 3 damaged

Japanese Ships
DD Kaya, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Mosquito FB.VI bombing at 2000 feet
1 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 5000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 5000 feet
Sub attack at 42,44

Japanese Ships
TK Funakawa Maru, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
TK Manei Maru
MSW Banshu Maru #51
MSW Tama Maru
MSW Mejima Maru
MSW Shawa Maru #10
MSW Rokko Maru
MSW Atsu Maru
MSW Shonan Maru #7
MSW Fukeui Maru #7
TK Yamazuru Maru
TK Toa Maru
MSW Banshu Maru #52

Allied Ships
SS Sea Fox

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1584
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/26/2006 10:20:36 PM   
Andy Mac

More subs get hit PZB is hitting me hard now !!!!

Tomorrow my Carriers will try to hit him near the Bonins I want these PC's

Andy

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 11/18/44

ASW attack at 59,53

Japanese Ships
PC PC-134
PC PC-112

Allied Ships
SS Sturgeon, hits 13, on fire, heavy damage

TF 1136 encounters mine field at Mersing (23,49)

Allied Ships
SS Sturgeon, and is sunk
APD Blessman
APD George E. Badger
DE Fleming
DE Duffy
DE Donaldson

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 125
N1K1-J George x 74
D4Y Judy x 8
B7A Grace x 34
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 106
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 36

No Japanese losses

Airbase hits 15
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 226

Aircraft Attacking:
32 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
36 x Ki-61 KAIc Tony bombing at 2000 feet
8 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
27 x N1K1-J George bombing at 2000 feet
47 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
43 x N1K1-J George bombing at 2000 feet
18 x B7A Grace bombing at 9000 feet
16 x B7A Grace bombing at 15000 feet
21 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
4 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
3 x Ki-61 KAIc Tony bombing at 2000 feet
3 x Ki-61 KAIc Tony bombing at 2000 feet
4 x N1K1-J George bombing at 2000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 463
J2M Jack x 112
D4Y Judy x 134
B5N Kate x 27
B6N Jill x 47
P1Y Frances x 9
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 26
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 35
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 71
Ki-102a Randy x 35

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
14 casualties reported

Airbase hits 37
Airbase supply hits 15
Runway hits 585

Aircraft Attacking:
26 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
26 x Ki-102a Randy bombing at 2000 feet
32 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
34 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
25 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
35 x B6N Jill bombing at 10000 feet
19 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
6 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
6 x Ki-102a Randy bombing at 2000 feet
10 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
13 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
9 x B6N Jill bombing at 10000 feet
24 x Ki-43-Ib Oscar bombing at 2000 feet
23 x Ki-44-IIb Tojo bombing at 2000 feet
17 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
18 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
35 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
20 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
15 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
3 x Ki-102a Randy bombing at 2000 feet
4 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
8 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
9 x Ki-44-IIb Tojo bombing at 2000 feet
6 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
7 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
5 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
6 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
3 x Ki-44-IIb Tojo bombing at 2000 feet
2 x B5N Kate bombing at 10000 feet
2 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
2 x Ki-43-Ib Oscar bombing at 2000 feet

Japanese aircraft
B7A Grace x 18

No Japanese losses

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 13

Aircraft Attacking:
16 x B7A Grace bombing at 10000 feet
2 x B7A Grace bombing at 10000 feet

Japanese aircraft
B7A Grace x 27

No Japanese losses

Runway hits 15

Aircraft Attacking:
24 x B7A Grace bombing at 10000 feet
3 x B7A Grace bombing at 10000 feet
Day Air attack on Chungking , at 43,32

Japanese aircraft
J2M Jack x 27
B6N Jill x 27
P1Y Frances x 54
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 144
Ki-67 Peggy x 27
Ki-46-III Dinah x 8

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
28 casualties reported

Airbase hits 22
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 160

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Ki-67 Peggy bombing at 15000 feet
8 x P1Y Frances bombing at 10000 feet
4 x P1Y Frances bombing at 10000 feet
18 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
18 x B6N Jill bombing at 10000 feet
8 x Ki-67 Peggy bombing at 15000 feet
7 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
5 x P1Y Frances bombing at 10000 feet
9 x P1Y Frances bombing at 10000 feet
6 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
6 x B6N Jill bombing at 10000 feet
4 x Ki-67 Peggy bombing at 15000 feet
5 x P1Y Frances bombing at 10000 feet
2 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
3 x Ki-67 Peggy bombing at 15000 feet
2 x P1Y Frances bombing at 10000 feet

Allied aircraft
P-38J Lightning x 3
B-25J Mitchell x 13

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
42 casualties reported

Airbase hits 5
Runway hits 21

Aircraft Attacking:
13 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet

Allied aircraft
Liberator VI x 7
B-25J Mitchell x 101
B-24J Liberator x 33

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships

Japanese ground losses:
318 casualties reported
Guns lost 4

Airbase hits 8
Airbase supply hits 5
Runway hits 151
Port hits 7

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Liberator VI bombing at 10000 feet
15 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
18 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
12 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
3 x Liberator VI bombing at 10000 feet
22 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
35 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 15000 feet
14 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
3 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
3 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
9 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 15000 feet

Allied aircraft
B-24J Liberator x 19

Allied aircraft losses

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 22

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet

Allied aircraft
Spitfire VIII x 5

No Allied losses

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 5
PB4Y Liberator x 9

No Allied losses

Runway hits 7

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
3 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 10000 feet

Allied aircraft
Liberator VI x 10
F-5C Lightning x 4
PB4Y Liberator x 11
B-24J Liberator x 32

Allied aircraft losses
Liberator VI: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
27 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 9
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 64

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Liberator VI bombing at 15000 feet
18 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
6 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
8 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
3 x Liberator VI bombing at 15000 feet
3 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
2 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
3 x Liberator VI bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on Wewak , at 52,81

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 12
F4U-1D Corsair x 20
F6F-5N Hellcat x 14
Hurricane II x 14
Kittyhawk III x 20

No Allied losses

Runway hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
14 x F6F-5N Hellcat bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on 6th Coastal Gun Regiment, at 23,50

Allied aircraft
TBM Avenger x 24
P-38J Lightning x 6

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
57 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
13 x TBM Avenger bombing at 20000 feet
5 x TBM Avenger bombing at 20000 feet
6 x TBM Avenger bombing at 20000 feet
Day Air attack on 84th Chinese Corps, at 43,35

Japanese aircraft
D4Y Judy x 18
B7A Grace x 42
Ki-102a Randy x 7

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
8 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x Ki-102a Randy bombing at 2000 feet
6 x B7A Grace bombing at 9000 feet
18 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
18 x B7A Grace bombing at 8000 feet
Day Air attack on 811th Engineer Aviation Battalion, at 25,41

Japanese aircraft
Ki-102a Randy x 22

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
57 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
22 x Ki-102a Randy bombing at 2000 feet

Allied aircraft
SB2C Helldiver x 51
TBM Avenger x 48
Boomerang II x 8
Spitfire VIII x 4
P-40N Warhawk x 9

Allied aircraft losses
SB2C Helldiver: 2 damaged
TBM Avenger: 1 damaged
Boomerang II: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
135 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x Boomerang II bombing at 2000 feet
48 x TBM Avenger bombing at 15000 feet
51 x SB2C Helldiver bombing at 2000 feet
9 x P-40N Warhawk bombing at 2000 feet

Allied aircraft
TBM Avenger x 4
Beaufighter VIC x 3
Beaufighter Mk 21 x 2

Allied aircraft losses
TBM Avenger: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
20 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 5
Beaufighter VIC x 14
P-40N Warhawk x 60

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
F-5A Lightning x 1

No Allied losses

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1585
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/26/2006 10:22:46 PM   
Andy Mac

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 11/19/44

My Carrier TF caught a bigger fish than some random PC's I caught a little troop convoy !!!!

Day Air attack on TF, near Bonin at 65,52

Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 46
F4U-1D Corsair x 24
SB2C Helldiver x 47
TBM Avenger x 16

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AK Tatsushiro Maru, Bomb hits 8, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AK Awaji Maru, Bomb hits 5, on fire, heavy damage
MSW Asahi Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AK Jogu Maru, Bomb hits 4, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AK Gozan Maru, Bomb hits 3, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF at 64,51

Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 90
F4U-1D Corsair x 34
SB2C Helldiver x 28

Allied aircraft losses
SB2C Helldiver: 4 damaged

Japanese Ships
AP Bokuyo Maru
AP Kamo Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
PC PC-67, Bomb hits 5, on fire, heavy damage
PC PC-37, Bomb hits 6, on fire, heavy damage

Japanese ground losses:
73 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF, near Tori Shima at 65,48

Allied aircraft
SB2C Helldiver x 17

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AK Yosida Maru #3, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
AK Uragami Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF at 64,52

Allied aircraft
TBM Avenger x 7

Allied aircraft losses
TBM Avenger: 6 damaged

Japanese Ships
PC Ikuna

Aircraft Attacking:

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1586
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/28/2006 1:01:10 PM   
Andy Mac

I Moved my Superforts in last turn and tried to bomb PZB but although the raids went in ok all of his planes were in the air.

Tey ate a LOT of supplies for those raids so I am cancelling the rest of the op I will operate them full strength against Singapore for 4 days then begin to withdraw some groups.

Supply is going to be the issue these monswters just eat it up.

Andy

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1587
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/28/2006 1:40:48 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

I Moved my Superforts in last turn and tried to bomb PZB but although the raids went in ok all of his planes were in the air.

Tey ate a LOT of supplies for those raids so I am cancelling the rest of the op I will operate them full strength against Singapore for 4 days then begin to withdraw some groups.

Supply is going to be the issue these monswters just eat it up.

Andy

Andy,

How much supply does such a long range raid with 170 Superforts app. burn?

Thx
Chris

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1588
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/28/2006 1:56:34 PM   
Andy Mac

Well I had 8 Groups on ops and 4 Groups is about 80,000 tonnes a month so

8 Groups will be 160,000 tonnes per month for 400 planes so each plane costs 400 tonnes a month to operate so say 11 - 12 tonnes of munitions and fuel per day per plane without replacements or combat losses - I am probably over estimating a little say 10 ish tonnes

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 1589
RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! - 11/28/2006 9:33:21 PM   
Andy Mac

Bollocks I must have missed three of the Superfort Gps they went in against a  Chinese base and got toasted

looks like 50 ish destroyed outright my mistake !!!!

I will need to withdraw them as I dont want to replace 50 B29's in Malaya it should leave 4 Gps intact for the campaign against Singapore

Andy

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1590
Page:   <<   < prev  51 52 [53] 54 55   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!! Page: <<   < prev  51 52 [53] 54 55   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI