Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Beta Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> Beta Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Beta Questions - 11/30/2005 2:42:20 PM   
Charles Jehlen

Hi there,

About 10 days ago I downloaded the lastest CoG Beta and began playing it constantly. It looks great and I especially like the undo button, which I badly needed when I first bought the game.

There were two things that caught my attention.

1. Playing as France, I like to get corps on loan from defeated enemies to use in fighting the next war of conquest. In this game I used these corps to besiege the next guy's capital. When the next guy surrendered, my loaned corps was moved to friendly territory, just as all friendly corps are normally. In two instances, this occurred on the turn that the loaner was to revert back to its original owner's control. In those cases, the loaner corps dropped all of its component divisions and reassumed it's original flag. The corps was not under French control. The dropped divisions were marked with both of our flags and were under my control. This seemed strange and outside the parameters of the normal game. The corps reverted, but the divisions remained. Both should revert.

2. When an enemy army was surrounded and destroyed by capture, the enemy's generals were left on the map. The poor AI British leaders never crossed the Channel or moved to their home territory and thus were liable to be captured. When they were captured by the French, they were available to be used as leaders. Seeing Wellington in charge of the Reserve Artillery protecting Paris was disconcerting to say the least. The AI should move unattached leaders back to the home country or nearest corps / army. Any captured leaders should be assigned to a POW corps and unavailable for use until released by a surrender.

Forgive me if these have been covered before. I am truly enjoying the game and especially the solitaire aspects.

Charlie
Post #: 1
RE: Beta Questions - 11/30/2005 6:31:18 PM   
jimwinsor

As far as the defecting divisions of a corps on loan, I noticed this happens when you borrow fleets too. The fleet goes back when time is up, but all the ships get detached and remain under your control. A very cheap way to build a navy!

Now, as far as the defecting generals go, I've seen that happen RARELY. Only twice, and and both times IIRC involved my French capturing some Austrian general. I had the turncoat leading one of my French corps until peace was declared, then he returned to Austrian control.

It's hard to say if this is a bug or WAD, as it does not happen every time...most times leaders either DO get captured and put into POW corps, or simply roam my country side as a fugitive until peace is declared. As least these have been my observations.

(in reply to Charles Jehlen)
Post #: 2
RE: Beta Questions - 11/30/2005 11:16:56 PM   
ericbabe

Captured generals can be placed into any corps, but I don't believe they're actually leading your troops in battle or that their modifiers affect the performance of the corps. If you have an instance where a captured general's mugshot shows up in quick combat, or is leading one of your divisions in detailed combat, then that would be a bug that we would fix. (Quickly looking over the code, it seems there's a pretty straightforward check against this in the code that assigns generals during these two types battles.)

I do admit that being able to place captured generals into your own corps (instead of, say, just being able to put them into your POW corps) is a bit confusing.

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> Beta Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI