Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

repair bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support >> repair bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
repair bug? - 6/7/2006 11:16:29 AM   
fcam1387

I was playing as Japan in a pbem game and in 1943 I conquered parts of SE Asia, I moved more than enough supplies in but for some reason I couldn't repair the resoures. They didn't even show up in the repair screen.

I am wondering whether this is a bug or an intentional feature? Regardless, it is pretty damn irritating because Japan needs all the resoures it can get.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: repair bug? - 6/7/2006 9:19:54 PM   
Erik Rutins

fcam,

What version of GGWAW is this with? Can you post a zipped save file for us? Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to fcam1387)
Post #: 2
RE: repair bug? - 6/8/2006 7:53:40 AM   
Forwarn45

I had this problem occassionally with 1.087. It's annoying but there's an easy workaround. On the main map you can also repair damaged infrastructure in a territory by clicking on the territory, then in the window that opens to show the troops and infrastructure - select the infrastructure you want to repair and right mouse click it to repair it.

Hope this helps!

< Message edited by Forwarn45 -- 6/8/2006 7:55:02 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: repair bug? - 6/8/2006 2:59:19 PM   
fcam1387

I am using version 1.201 (the latest)

Thanks for your advice Forwarn - I'll try it next time this happens.

(in reply to Forwarn45)
Post #: 4
RE: repair bug? - 6/8/2006 3:00:15 PM   
fcam1387

Sorry, I dont think I can post a save zip file as the game was PBEM and over-written

Next time it happens I'll do that.

(in reply to fcam1387)
Post #: 5
RE: repair bug? - 6/28/2006 1:27:45 AM   
GeneralPatton

I'm not sure if this explains the entire problem with the repair bug but I think it at least partially explains it.

If you are in the move phase and you click on a territory that has 5 supplies it will pick up one of those supplies if that is the only unit there or you have clicked the show supplies button. Because you could be moving that supply the system counts you as having only 4 supplies when you try to repair something by right clicking it.

This is why using the repair menu works. You can also repair it if you pick a combatant in the zone and then right click on the item to repair.

(in reply to fcam1387)
Post #: 6
RE: repair bug? - 7/22/2006 7:34:49 PM   
tgladh

I have the same problem with Western France after I took it. It doesn't even show up in the repair screen, even when I move 15 supplies in there and even repair the factories and produce supplies in there. Right-clicking on the railway repairs it, but I didn't know that until I read this thread.

I can post a zipped game file. I'll send it to Joel Billings that I've e-mailed before.
I use version 1.201, as far as I know.

(in reply to GeneralPatton)
Post #: 7
RE: repair bug? - 7/22/2006 7:45:23 PM   
PanzerKampfwagen

Yes, same with me. Especially in Western France.

(in reply to tgladh)
Post #: 8
RE: repair bug? - 7/25/2006 9:25:46 PM   
Random thoughts

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcam1387

I was playing as Japan in a pbem game and in 1943 I conquered parts of SE Asia, I moved more than enough supplies in but for some reason I couldn't repair the resoures. They didn't even show up in the repair screen.

I am wondering whether this is a bug or an intentional feature? Regardless, it is pretty damn irritating because Japan needs all the resoures it can get.

Thanks

I am currently playing Both the Japanese and Germany against the computer. I went for a total conquest of China as fast as possible. But since I experienced this repair problem I just thought I wipe China out and then join Germany in an spring-42 assault on the SU, leaving no garrisons whatsoever in China since I couldn´t repair anything. To my surprise after having conquered Vladivostok and Irkutsk in the spring turn, all of the Chinese provinces - rail, factories and resources - appeared on the repair chart.

/ Random thoughts

(in reply to fcam1387)
Post #: 9
RE: repair bug? - 7/25/2006 11:25:53 PM   
Joel Billings

When you experience this problem with the items not appearing on the repair screen, try saving the game and exiting the program and then reloading the program and save. Does this fix the screen? We have had a few bugs that seem to be fixed this way and I'm curious if this is another one. When I loaded a save sent to me by a user, the repair screen worked fine for me so I could not duplicate the bug.

(in reply to Random thoughts)
Post #: 10
RE: repair bug? - 8/2/2006 8:25:07 AM   
Forwarn45

This bug seems to be intermittent in my experience but more frequent than with earlier patches. Just to make sure new players aren't frustrated I thought I'd reiterate the easy workaround - maybe it could be posted somewhere conspicuous?

WORKAROUND FOR OCCASSIONAL REPAIR BUG:

On the main map you can repair damaged infrastructure in a territory by clicking on the territory. You will see the troops there as well as any rail, resources, and factories. Select the rail, resource, or factory you want to repair and right mouse click it to repair it. This works to repair infrastructure in exactly the same manner as the repair screen.

< Message edited by Forwarn45 -- 8/2/2006 8:26:28 AM >

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 11
RE: repair bug? - 11/15/2013 8:01:05 AM   
artofwar73

bad news

(in reply to Forwarn45)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support >> repair bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI