Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fall of the Philippines

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> After Action Reports >> Fall of the Philippines Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fall of the Philippines - 6/19/2020 12:26:09 PM   
simpatico

This is possibly the easiest of the linked campaigns. I played it twice & was able to get major victories in all scenarios each time. There were a few bugs in early versions of the LCG but they were ironed out long ago. Unfortunately it is the only historical LCG in JTCS playable as Japanese although in Mods & Scenarios there are two excellent short campaigns, Invasion of Malaya & Assault on Java posted by Eagle-FZS.

Some tips & reflections on gameplay: The Philippine (PA) infantry have weak firepower & are not much of a threat unless they are with a leader.
They have tank support (M3 Stuarts) in a few scenarios but the AI doesn’t use them very effectively. If you see tanks stationary in the open then air attack them. If they are in defensive positions send infantry in first & follow up with AT rifles & your tanks – you have 3 platoons of HA-GO tanks. AT rifles can be effective when used with a leader. Don’t go head to head with HA-GO versus Stuart as the Japanese tanks have weak armour. Sneak in after the Stuarts have fired shots at your infantry, fire at close range & withdraw. Your tanks are best used for infantry support, assaulting isolated units & in the endgame for seizing the furthest objectives. The PA have no antitank guns & no trucks – if you hear a truck it’s a battalion HQ. Japanese infantry are excellent at assault so always aim to disrupt, close & assault. Be a bit cautious with your leaders as Japanese leaders are easier to kill & once they die they don’t come back.

The campaign is enjoyable to play & feels reasonably historically accurate. Would love to see more LCGs like this.

< Message edited by simpatico -- 6/19/2020 12:27:30 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> After Action Reports >> Fall of the Philippines Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI