Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How requisition points management works

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Scenario Design and Editing >> How requisition points management works Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How requisition points management works - 9/18/2020 3:25:48 PM   
steeljackal

Hi to all.

I need to understand how the requisition points assignment mechanism works to make custom operation but mostly to apply it as a home rule to a tabletop wargame in an operation / campaign perspective.

Let's say I have three maps and 4-5 days, one side attack and one side defend scenario.
How are points awarded each battle day?
I know there are points that are awarded to both sides when entering a new map, points that are awarded to each side each day, and points that are awarded to each side based on the outcome of the battle.
Anyone know better how it works?
Maybe this is a question for modder?
Post #: 1
RE: How requisition points management works - 9/18/2020 6:55:46 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Daily requisition points are awarded every day/battle.

Map requisition points can be set via the 'Map Data' in the battle maker. They are awarded the first time you fight on a map.

These points are adjusted for the game difficulty setting (Recruit gets more points, Hero gets less.) This is a linear adjustment based on how far the setting is from the middle. In a single player game the player's side gets a small penalty on points while the AI side gets a small bonus (the equivalent of adjusting the difficulty one notch 'more difficult' for the player and 'less difficult' for the AI side.)

The game then makes a balancing adjustment based on starting forces + points the side has gotten so far, to come up with an expected force ratio. If this ratio is different than expected (i.e. Axis 'should' have more points but Allies actually have more) then the weaker side will be given some bonus points based on how big the difference actually is.

(in reply to steeljackal)
Post #: 2
RE: How requisition points management works - 5/19/2021 9:08:09 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: steeljackal

to apply it as a home rule to a tabletop wargame in an operation / campaign perspective

Are you using another game as a campaign manager?

(in reply to steeljackal)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Scenario Design and Editing >> How requisition points management works Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI