Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Tech Support >> RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB - 1/11/2017 1:00:12 AM   
warshipbuilder

Did you try running it through file explorer rather than app/tile?

warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/

(in reply to Odin)
Post #: 31
RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB - 1/11/2017 11:19:35 AM   
Odin

File explorer?

No..the usual way...disc inside, the setup-picture comes up...i choose "install" and than it breaks of.

I tried to start it manually, didn´t work also.

(in reply to warshipbuilder)
Post #: 32
RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB - 1/11/2017 11:22:48 AM   
warshipbuilder

Ok I know who might be able to help you. I'll let him know and hopefully you will get fixed.

warshipbuilder

(in reply to Odin)
Post #: 33
RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB - 1/11/2017 12:05:40 PM   
Odin

Thank you.

I will try that with 12 O´clock high, when iam able to find the cd...it´s somewhere else since ive moved to new apprtment.

Post #: 34
RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB - 1/11/2017 4:34:08 PM   
warshipbuilder

Have you tried contacting the Matrix help desk?

warshipbuilder

(in reply to Odin)
Post #: 35
RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB - 1/11/2017 5:32:25 PM   
Odin

Never thought of that, because it wasn´t originally from Matrix...i try it.

Post #: 36
RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB - 1/12/2017 11:59:15 AM   
Odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: warshipbuilder

Have you tried contacting the Matrix help desk?

Support cannot help, no problem, i didn´t expected that.

Post #: 37
RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB - 1/12/2017 7:47:21 PM   
zakblood

for me you have a few options, it maybe the disk or if it has protection on it, that, as windows 10 won't work with some older tech protection, so the work around for me is,

download a image loader like daemon tools lite which is free, and instead of installing or trying to run and install the disk, re image it and load it to a virtual drive, and see if it runs from there, as windows 10 doesn't have issue with that, but it does if the disk / cd / dvd has copy protection on, as most older tec copy protection won't work with a modern O/S like windows 10, as it doesn't know what it is, and throws an error, doesn't always work but worth a try, and not doing anything you shouldn't as you already have and own the disk anyway.

second option is, depending on what anti virus and firewall your running, you may have to give permissions to the install or even the run command on the disk to even work, so open the disk image, either of the virtual device or in the cd / dvd drive and right click and run as admin on the setup and run from there

if that doesn't work, run the setup in compatibility mode, and i'd suggest win 95 or win 98 and see if that's any better, you will still need to run as admin on both mind you.

as you are having problems installing, you won't need to know as yet about once it's installed, but will comment here anyway, as you will need to load all the pre requites off the disk or what the game needs to run, as the windows 10 pc won't have the right files to work a game that old straight out of the box.

good luck, so far i've only had a handful of games that refused to work with windows 10, and none failed to install either, just had run errors, even DOS ones work fine if run correctly,

kind of like this, but of course off a cd / dvd not a downloaded game exe file, but same thing and options to try

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4187820

gives commands and instructions on windows 10 installs with pictures as a guide

more guides and info

http://windowsreport.com/cd-games-windows-10/

i've never need to add the safe disk etc drivers either, as a virtual drive approach always worked so far for me, but it's there if all else fails, so good luck again and pm if you need any more advice as i may miss the thread and replies

< Message edited by zakblood -- 1/12/2017 8:02:09 PM >

(in reply to Odin)
Post #: 38
RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB - 1/13/2017 7:05:29 AM   
Odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

for me you have a few options, it maybe the disk or if it has protection on it, that, as windows 10 won't work with some older tech protection, so the work around for me is,

download a image loader like daemon tools lite which is free, and instead of installing or trying to run and install the disk, re image it and load it to a virtual drive, and see if it runs from there, as windows 10 doesn't have issue with that, but it does if the disk / cd / dvd has copy protection on, as most older tec copy protection won't work with a modern O/S like windows 10, as it doesn't know what it is, and throws an error, doesn't always work but worth a try, and not doing anything you shouldn't as you already have and own the disk anyway.

second option is, depending on what anti virus and firewall your running, you may have to give permissions to the install or even the run command on the disk to even work, so open the disk image, either of the virtual device or in the cd / dvd drive and right click and run as admin on the setup and run from there

if that doesn't work, run the setup in compatibility mode, and i'd suggest win 95 or win 98 and see if that's any better, you will still need to run as admin on both mind you.

as you are having problems installing, you won't need to know as yet about once it's installed, but will comment here anyway, as you will need to load all the pre requites off the disk or what the game needs to run, as the windows 10 pc won't have the right files to work a game that old straight out of the box.

good luck, so far i've only had a handful of games that refused to work with windows 10, and none failed to install either, just had run errors, even DOS ones work fine if run correctly,

kind of like this, but of course off a cd / dvd not a downloaded game exe file, but same thing and options to try

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4187820

gives commands and instructions on windows 10 installs with pictures as a guide

more guides and info

http://windowsreport.com/cd-games-windows-10/

i've never need to add the safe disk etc drivers either, as a virtual drive approach always worked so far for me, but it's there if all else fails, so good luck again and pm if you need any more advice as i may miss the thread and replies

Thank you, will try things this weekend.

If not, i will find a way to buy the new game from Matrix.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 39
RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB - 1/13/2017 7:14:13 AM   
zakblood

your welcome, and good luck, let me know how you get on and posts pictures of any error message and i still maybe be able to get round them if i know what they are etc

(in reply to Odin)
Post #: 40
RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB - 9/12/2019 7:46:46 PM   
tula1959

Hey Guys! Read through this whole thread and did not find an answer so thought I would try to pose the question fresh!
I just pulled out the old favorite Battle of Britain by Gary Grigsby (1999 disc v1.00) and tried to install on my Windows10 system. Just keeps telling me "can not launch installer.exe" - have tried every compatibility mode setting from win95, 98 etc and says the same each time. What am I missing here???? I know there is a patch 1.02 but have to get the game installed first in order to patch! It looks to me that people are running this "old" game and I sure would like to! As I said, an old favorite!! Been sitting on the shelf for many years! Many thanks!

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 41
RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB - 9/12/2019 8:59:38 PM   
tula1959

Forgot to say that yes, I did try to run as admn on all of the compatibility settings - the result was the same - no install

Post #: 42
RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB - 9/12/2019 10:18:23 PM   
simovitch

I seriously doubt it will work without some 3rd party software application. At any rate those Talonsoft versions were never supported by Matrix.

simovitch

(in reply to tula1959)
Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Tech Support >> RE: Patches for "old" BTR and BoB Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI