Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Suggestions for future patches

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> RE: Suggestions for future patches Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/7/2009 4:06:10 PM   
sauro brusch

Hi BOSS, very well job, but one error... CHIUSI is near SIENA about 30 km EST, not NORTH of FLORENCE.
Try with google hearth to found Chiusi this town is near TRASIMENO lake.
THE GAME IS OK.

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 31
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/7/2009 4:50:00 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Golden Bear

OK, Sarge, not to be tooooo much of a jerk, but I just bought and loaded it yesterday and neither of your fixes is in place. Going to save does not stop the hourglass for me, hence the Alt-Tab and back and wavearound. And I do use the close/done buttton and I have lost a save. I'm not complaining, since I'm learning my own workarounds. But just to share the info. Oh, also when I enter a comment sometimes I totally lose the cursor. Kind of difficult to wand around until I see a button flash to hit it. But I'm patient.

Carl

are you hitting the save button ? you got to save the game for it to stop the hourglass ?

are you sure your not hitting enter ? for a lot of people it is a reflex move when they stop typeing ?

only time I have seen or heard about the Cursor being lost is after some one hit enter while entering a comment

(in reply to Golden Bear)
Post #: 32
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/7/2009 4:57:21 PM   
Golden Bear

Nope, I don't hit Enter for anything in this game. I know my way around BTR, remember? I click everything. I'm remembering the hand pain of playing it.

Actually when I tried the Save workaround, when I clicked to "Save" the screen went blank with no cursor and eventually crashed. I don't know how I crashed it since that was a couple days back. It isn't a biggie for me since I have a different workaround.

Carl

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 33
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/7/2009 5:08:59 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: sauro

Hi BOSS, very well job, but one error... CHIUSI is near SIENA about 30 km EST, not NORTH of FLORENCE.
Try with google hearth to found Chiusi this town is near TRASIMENO lake.
THE GAME IS OK.

you guys will drive me to drink

since Siena is south of Florence, your trying to say that Chiusi should be south east of Florence ?

(in reply to sauro brusch)
Post #: 34
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/7/2009 5:24:19 PM   
Golden Bear

Heh, Sauro has you on the ropes, Sarge. I've been in Chiusi but I'll leave him to finish you off on this one.

OK, forget everything that I've said about the Save workaround for spinning disk. It works for me now. Go figure.

Just shot down another 174 for losses of 92. Campaign total of 982 to 672 at the end of the 26th.

I like my squadron of P-61s. Oh, goody goody!

Carl

Laws without morals are useless.

Post #: 35
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/8/2009 7:02:21 AM   
sauro brusch

Yes Boss, Chiusi is South East of Florence. Try to find Chiusi on a map of Italy, or try Google Hearth.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 36
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/8/2009 9:14:25 AM   
Have

One good feature to be added would be lines from an assigned interceptor formation to their raid targets. Currently it is very hard to determine from the map, which friendly fighter formations have been assigned to attack which enemy raids.

Map scrolling speed should be reduced or set to configurable.
Mouse wheel could be tied to map zoom in / zoom out functionality.

The production UI could use some polishing. For example the list boxes containing the factory data do not retain their position when switching between the required-planned-actual view and the factory assignment view. That causes a lot of unnecessary scrolling in the very long factory lists.

Another helpful improvement for the production planning would be some kind of indication which plane type uses which engine type. Currently that information is only available (afaik) when choosing assembly target for a factory. It would be helpful if the information of the needed engine type could be displayed alongside the plane parts and vice versa.

Production would also benefit from some kind of semi-computer control, where you could set the production priorities for different plane types and the computer would handle balancing the factories to produce correct amount of engines and parts and having correct amount of assemblies.

The map could use some more overlay possibilities. One example would be fighter range / coverage circles. Easy way to combine that data would be indicating the range with circle size and coverage (basically number of fighters in a base) with the opacity of the circle fill color.

Just some ideas which came to my mind when playing the game for the first time yesterday. Seems like a really interesting game, thumbs up :)

(in reply to sauro brusch)
Post #: 37
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/8/2009 9:49:19 AM   
harley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Have

One good feature to be added would be lines from an assigned interceptor formation to their raid targets. Currently it is very hard to determine from the map, which friendly fighter formations have been assigned to attack which enemy raids.

It was in, I broke it and noone realised til too late, I fixed it for the upcoming patch.

quote:

Map scrolling speed should be reduced or set to configurable.
Mouse wheel could be tied to map zoom in / zoom out functionality.

I'm working on the scroll speed - my testers say it is better, time will tell.
The scrollwheel isn't able to be context driven, so I can't do that.

quote:

The production UI could use some polishing. For example the list boxes containing the factory data do not retain their position when switching between the required-planned-actual view and the factory assignment view. That causes a lot of unnecessary scrolling in the very long factory lists.

Another thing I am working on, I fix these things as I find them, usually when working on something else. I have done the prod list, and the raid list, but there are still many to find.

quote:

Another helpful improvement for the production planning would be some kind of indication which plane type uses which engine type. Currently that information is only available (afaik) when choosing assembly target for a factory. It would be helpful if the information of the needed engine type could be displayed alongside the plane parts and vice versa.

I'll think about it - it won't make the first patch.

quote:

Production would also benefit from some kind of semi-computer control, where you could set the production priorities for different plane types and the computer would handle balancing the factories to produce correct amount of engines and parts and having correct amount of assemblies.

GET. OUT. OF. MY. HEAD. Wait till I release the patch information.

gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy

(in reply to Have)
Post #: 38
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/8/2009 10:39:21 AM   
mikkey

thanks for some new information Harley!

(in reply to harley)
Post #: 39
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/8/2009 2:56:01 PM   
Howard Mitchell

Nachtjagd III campaign Order of Battle – Bomber Command starts out with 762 Lancaster III and 432 Halifax III in the replacement pool, which looks like too many as at the start of the Overlord II campaign, which starts a month before, the figures are 12 each.

While the battles the British fight may differ in the widest possible ways, they invariably have two common characteristics – they are always fought uphill and always at the junction of two or more map sheets.

General Sir William Slim

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 40
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/8/2009 4:51:25 PM   
KenchiSulla

Is it possible to make the following changes:

Be able to give a unit priority in receiving pilot/airplane replacements
Show a message when pilots, planes (replacements) are assigned to a group.

I would like to be able to track replacements on a squadron/group level (perhaps some kind of subtab in the unit tab)

< Message edited by Cannonfodder -- 10/8/2009 4:58:21 PM >

(in reply to Howard Mitchell)
Post #: 41
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/8/2009 5:49:23 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Howard Mitchell

Nachtjagd III campaign Order of Battle – Bomber Command starts out with 762 Lancaster III and 432 Halifax III in the replacement pool, which looks like too many as at the start of the Overlord II campaign, which starts a month before, the figures are 12 each.

the shorter campaigns are code driven, they follow some of the OOB, but not all of it

I added in extra planes were the code didn't have them, after the first turn, the AI will suck up most of those planes in stock, to fill out the units

best I could do, until we can go over each one with a fine tooth comb

Post #: 42
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/8/2009 8:14:32 PM   
Stele

I've played a lot of Uncommon Valor and WitP in the past and one of the features I find useful is the exported text document in the save folder. Here I can collect and save the events from each day and look back at them like a journal.

Is there a way of doing that with this game? There's quite a bit of information for the day's event. It would benefit me in the longer campaigns to keep track of sorties, losses, etc for each side.

Here's hoping.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 43
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/8/2009 8:38:46 PM   
mikkey

+1 _Stele

(in reply to Stele)
Post #: 44
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/8/2009 8:51:32 PM   
terry1040

I use the OOB and the related Screens quite a bit to analyze my current situation. It would be most helpful, if the Unit Detail Screen would allow me to move on to the next/ previous unit w/o having to close the dialog and click on the next unit in the OOB Screen to open the same dialog again.

I also noticed that the initial sorting of the OOB Screen is a bit off.

Hope this makes it into the patch.

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 45
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/8/2009 8:58:37 PM   
Howard Mitchell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Howard Mitchell

the shorter campaigns are code driven, they follow some of the OOB, but not all of it

I added in extra planes were the code didn't have them, after the first turn, the AI will suck up most of those planes in stock, to fill out the units

best I could do, until we can go over each one with a fine tooth comb

Thanks for the swift reply Sarge.

While the battles the British fight may differ in the widest possible ways, they invariably have two common characteristics – they are always fought uphill and always at the junction of two or more map sheets.

General Sir William Slim

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 46
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/8/2009 9:53:42 PM   
JudgeDredd

Can we have a delete button for the save game interface. It gets quite crowded in there

Post #: 47
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/9/2009 8:35:34 AM   
TechSgt

quote:

ORIGINAL: terry1040

I use the OOB and the related Screens quite a bit to analyze my current situation. It would be most helpful, if the Unit Detail Screen would allow me to move on to the next/ previous unit w/o having to close the dialog and click on the next unit in the OOB Screen to open the same dialog again.

I also noticed that the initial sorting of the OOB Screen is a bit off.

Hope this makes it into the patch.

Hmm...

This is a good one! HS & Harley, add this to my list, too!

TS

(in reply to terry1040)
Post #: 48
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/9/2009 9:00:56 AM   
guctony

Can we at least make Night fighters land different Airbases.
It will be great if daylight fighter could do that trick.
Historically the could. Which is a very effective tactic for engaging bomber formations

on our wish list, but, it is/was a standard tactic, and lots of NF's were lost to the intruders, or the worry about them

bombers and fighters could also stage to forward fields before raids

Recently I read an article about German salvage units.
Berge-bataillone (salvage units)
They were salvaging allmost every plane shoot down in Europe. Could be very nice for extra aluminyum resource stock. For example the more B17 destroyed the more resource of aluminyum can be added. Theorically A full B17 can supply aluminyum for 10 single engine fighter I guess.
Can it be implemented to game engine.

depends on point of view, but it is kind of in there

Rheintochter,Wasserfall,Schmetterling
Is there way to include these AA missiles in to game Engine. Currently my method is putting large amount of big caliber Flank guns in to single bases.
They are very effective.
But A missile system can be produced like Aircraft and can be expended in shooting. So it can be a pro-active system. Not shooting automaticaly but wgen we want to use them. Choosing Bomber instead of figters.

Regards

< Message edited by Hard Sarge -- 10/9/2009 6:23:08 PM >

"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal

(in reply to TechSgt)
Post #: 49
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/9/2009 5:38:55 PM   
StkNRdr

First let me say I love this game. I have only played from a bomber perspective. Any of my suggestions would just make the game slightly better IMHO.

1. During the planning phase I can't find an easy way to assess the aircraft still remaining to be assigned to missions. There is the review missions but not a review of unallocated aircraft. As a result I don't know if I am only sending out 20%, 50% or 75% of my planes.

2. When you go into Modify Raid within the Mission Review on the right it lists the various units with a button you can highlight. Not sure why the buttons are there. It appears that you can't modify anything to one of the individual units. Anything you do applies to the entire mission. It would be nice to be able to modify one of the units in a mission or cancel a unit from the mission without affecting all.
go to modify mission and modify it ? you can add, delete bombers, fighters, targets, way points, just the same as if you were plotting the mission ? Below is a screenshot inside Modify Raid. The only buttons available are on fighter units. When chosen there are no options to change just that unit. At the top are options that affect all units in the mission. I can only add bombers or fighters. I may be missing something, but as I see it I cannot adjust or cancel any one unit within the mission. Bomber units don't even have a select button beside them. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2672/3996524908_7fa5dc614b_o.jpg

3. Being able to do more directly on the map would be great. For example, I have the system plan the recons. When I review the recon missions, some are going places that are worthless. It would nice to be able to go into Mission Review, Show Paths and click and drag a recon to another area. Same goes with bomber raids. The more planning that could be done graphically the better. This could also apply to waypoints, click and drag, versus having to click through buttons. for way points at least, go ahead and click and drag, that is how I do most of my missions ? you got to be in modify mission though I have not been able to click and drag waypoints in any mode whether waypoints have been previously set or not. I have tried a mouse left click on one of the boxes, also shift left click, control left click as well as the same combinations with the right click. I searched the manual for "waypoint" and it is only listed once with no mention of dragging them. If there is a way to do it could you expand on how to do it? Are you in windowed or non-windowed mode?

4. I tend to plan my raids from a TOT (time over target) standpoint yet all planning is by departing time. As a result I have to go to review missions and sort by TOT to see how the raids will actually hit, then modify them. This is time consuming. Can there be an option in the planning phase to use TOT instead and let the system calculate departure time?

5. Another thing I find confusing in the planning phase is the "show all paths". It would be great if this were separate review path buttons for Bomber, Fighter Sweep, Recon, etc. To see all just check them all or any combo you want.

6. If you click on a unit within an airfield what if it drew a circle around the base to show its extent of operation? I am wondering if some of my units are not being utilized as they are too far from the front and I need to move them forward.
hassle is, only base that means anything is the form up base that the mission flys/joins up at, you can use a fighter that is 100 miles away from the form up base, and that fighters is going to use up 100 miles worth of gas on the way there and on the way back, so, it has lost 200 miles of fuel before the mission leaves the form up point

7. Can the game be made to ignore screensaver settings?

< Message edited by StkNRdr -- 10/9/2009 10:06:35 PM >

Post #: 50
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/10/2009 1:05:04 AM   
harley

Editing wars: Ron Vs Stk...

quote:

ORIGINAL: StkNRdr

2. When you go into Modify Raid within the Mission Review on the right it lists the various units with a button you can highlight. Not sure why the buttons are there. It appears that you can't modify anything to one of the individual units. Anything you do applies to the entire mission. It would be nice to be able to modify one of the units in a mission or cancel a unit from the mission without affecting all.
go to modify mission and modify it ? you can add, delete bombers, fighters, targets, way points, just the same as if you were plotting the mission ? Below is a screenshot inside Modify Raid. The only buttons available are on fighter units. When chosen there are no options to change just that unit. At the top are options that affect all units in the mission. I can only add bombers or fighters. I may be missing something, but as I see it I cannot adjust or cancel any one unit within the mission. Bomber units don't even have a select button beside them. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2672/3996524908_7fa5dc614b_o.jpg

In that screenshot, you click add bombers or add fighters to add or remove units. The buttons you see on that page select an already chosen escort, to allow you to right-click the start/meet point for the escort.

quote:

4. I tend to plan my raids from a TOT (time over target) standpoint yet all planning is by departing time. As a result I have to go to review missions and sort by TOT to see how the raids will actually hit, then modify them. This is time consuming. Can there be an option in the planning phase to use TOT instead and let the system calculate departure time?

That's going on the list. I can't promise it any time soon, but it's going on the list.

gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy

(in reply to StkNRdr)
Post #: 51
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/10/2009 1:37:15 AM   
Nicholas Bell

I would like to see an increased "Fog of War" (at least as an option) by NOT seeing the enemy's actual losses on the Loss Page until the scenario concludes.  I know the Report Page gives inflated numbers which is nice, but I need to know the actual type and qty of my own losses - only available on the Loss Page.  Unfortunately I am not strong enough not to look at the other guys losses .  If it is not possible to depict inflated enemy losses on the Loss Page, just blank out the other sides!  But allow full disclosure at the end of the scenario please.

(in reply to harley)
Post #: 52
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/10/2009 2:10:08 AM   
tblersch

Not a game play request as much as a data request:
1) arrival dates and replacement rates for Allied airplanes displayed somewhere, even if just in the plane data pages.
2) altitude effects on different planes.  Even if it's something as simple as a "High: good, Med: good, Low: bad" list in the plane data pages.

There's other UI suggestions I'd make (when you list raids, put a "Cancel" and "Modify" button next to each raid, rather than at the top of the screen)...but I don't know how readily you can make those.

(in reply to Nicholas Bell)
Post #: 53
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/10/2009 3:41:59 AM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

. When you go into Modify Raid within the Mission Review on the right it lists the various units with a button you can highlight. Not sure why the buttons are there. It appears that you can't modify anything to one of the individual units. Anything you do applies to the entire mission. It would be nice to be able to modify one of the units in a mission or cancel a unit from the mission without affecting all.

make a mission, add fighters to it, then click done

got to review missions

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tblersch)
Post #: 54
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/10/2009 3:42:30 AM   
Hard Sarge

click on that mission to see it

the buttons on the bottom screen, for the fighters, you can adjust the delay using those, click on one, and then move the area they are on the path and it will adjust there delay

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Hard Sarge -- 10/10/2009 3:52:41 AM >

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 55
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/10/2009 3:43:28 AM   
Hard Sarge

it shows 3 Gruppen of 110s and 3 Gruppen of 109s and a stab of 109s

click on add fighters

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 56
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/10/2009 3:44:32 AM   
Hard Sarge

click on the fighters you want to add or take off of the missions

when your done, click exit, it takes you back and shows you what you have

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 57
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/10/2009 3:45:15 AM   
Hard Sarge

I took one Gruppen of 110s and one Gruppen of 109s and the Stab away from the plotted mission

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 58
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/10/2009 3:47:36 AM   
Hard Sarge

for way points, set the raid up

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 59
RE: Suggestions for future patches - 10/10/2009 3:49:25 AM   
Hard Sarge

to move or change the waypoints, you can use the buttons, or the mouse, move the mouse to one of the waypoint boxes, and right click and move it to where you want

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> RE: Suggestions for future patches Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI