Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> After Action Reports >> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/20/2015 4:09:13 PM   
whoofe

quote:

ORIGINAL: smokindave34

quote:

ORIGINAL: whoofe

that would irritate me. that's fine to resign with just a pickup game, but this tournament is scored by VPs

can they pull up the VPs from the save games? maybe matrix will allow the turn 4 scores or whatever your furthest point played was?

I was Liquid Sky's opponent. I'd wager I completed more campaign games of WITE/WITW than anyone on this forum (except maybe Pelton). I resigned based on some last turn tactics that I considered gamey. A difference in approach to the way we play the game. I assumed that LS would automatically move on based on me conceding the game. I'm working with Joel to get the last turn resolved/re-played so LS gets full credit for his victory.

fair enough, I can understand that

hopefully a fair resolution can be achieved for all. probly will cost me a spot in the final 4 even :p but i'd hate for someone to not advance if they deserved to

(in reply to smokindave34)
Post #: 121
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/20/2015 4:11:16 PM   
whoofe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Seminole

It's all about that German first turn...

very much so. that's what I learned from my matches as well

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 122
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/20/2015 8:41:45 PM   
Joel Billings

Luckily the games were both a 1/2 turn from completing, so I was able to end the turns off the server and get to the final score. LS was deprived of an Allied player-turn in one of the games, but he didn't need it to get into the top 4. Unfortunately once the games were resigned I couldn't restart them on the server.

I will post the results later today, and those advancing on can start round 2 as soon as they are ready. I'm pretty sure I got all the scores compiled correctly, but if you see a mistake in the final info, please let me know right away. Thanks to all that participated.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to whoofe)
Post #: 123
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/20/2015 8:51:26 PM   
Joel Billings

Below are the final results for round 1. Congratulations to all the winners. Although round 2 does not officially start until January 6, feel free to start the round 2 matches as soon as the players agree to start. The 48 clock will not begin until January 6.

Here are the corrected resluts:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 12/21/2015 5:59:48 PM >

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 124
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/20/2015 9:14:46 PM   
whoofe

ugh... Seminole...

well maybe I will learn something at least

Post #: 125
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/21/2015 9:21:12 AM   
locusmaximus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Below are the final results for round 1. Congratulations to all the winners. Although round 2 does not officially start until January 6, feel free to start the round 2 matches as soon as the players agree to start. The 48 clock will not begin until January 6.

Just in case you confused our player names..... I've won, not lerugray.

Edit: Doesn't matter anymore... I will resign because of private, university, kickbox and work commitments.

So Lerugray can continue the tournament, instead of me.

< Message edited by locusmaximus -- 12/21/2015 3:10:28 PM >

Post #: 126
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/21/2015 2:11:31 PM   
lerugray

quote:

ORIGINAL: locusmaximus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Just in case you confused our player names..... I've won, not lerugray.

Edit: Doesn't matter anymore... I will resign because of private, university, kickbox and work commitments.

So Lerugray can continue the tournament, instead of me.

If the mods are ok with that ill keep going, though I got wrecked.

(in reply to locusmaximus)
Post #: 127
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/21/2015 4:48:32 PM   
Joel Billings

Sorry for the mistake, I'll check the files and correct my mistake in the chart. Sounds like what happened in the Miss Universe pageant.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

Post #: 128
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/21/2015 5:19:33 PM   
Joel Billings

You guys fooled me by starting your games as the German player intstead of the Allied player. I'm glad you mentioned I got it wrong. I was able to check the player status and confirm that locusmaximus won both games, so I've updated the results in the chart above. The following are the 2nd round matchups. Sorry for the confusion.

Seminole vs. whoofe
locusmaximus vs LiquidSky

-- Soren Kierkegaard

Post #: 129
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/21/2015 5:27:53 PM   
reggimann

Um... I don't know if it's fitting to post this here, but I/we have noticed something peculiar in the "practice game" between ultradave and myself (my tournament buddy never showed up). Early on I noticed that none of my air directives were executed (0 sorties). I'm a noob, so I put it off as me not understanding the air war. Last turn ultradave noted too (no air losses). I then looked into it: Seems the Luftwaffe has forgotten to issue me any planes

Seems I never had any, or maybe 4 at one time (but 0 losses and 0 planes - did they just go home)?`

Have any of you noticed this before?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by CptEggman -- 12/21/2015 6:32:24 PM >

Post #: 130
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/21/2015 6:27:30 PM   
whoofe

what if you look in the air groups directly?

(in reply to reggimann)
Post #: 131
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/21/2015 6:30:31 PM   
reggimann

quote:

ORIGINAL: whoofe

what if you look in the air groups directly?

Empty, only the HQ with support personnel.

(in reply to whoofe)
Post #: 132
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/22/2015 10:30:48 AM   
Chuske

Well done to the 4 winners through to next round, and thanks to cato for being a great opponent.

In a way I'm glad I didn't get through as I'm away for Christmas now and then have a lot of work early in Jan so doubt I could found time for another round until Feb

The user formally known as jonboym

WITP:AE - Useful Info for Beginners

WitW Tutorials

WitW Beta/Alpha Tester

(in reply to reggimann)
Post #: 133
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/22/2015 1:26:08 PM   
reggimann

The game between ultradave and myself has also ended. It was, sadly, outside of the competition due to my lost opponent, but I'd like to thank ultradave for taking the time so I can learn something.

Good luck to the skilled survivors of the first round!

Allies: ultradave
Axis: CptEggman

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chuske)
Post #: 134
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/30/2015 2:27:56 PM   
Belphegor

Has the next round started? I'm assuming no since I haven't seen any comments.

(in reply to reggimann)
Post #: 135
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/30/2015 4:01:42 PM   
Seminole

quote:

whoofe and I have accepted our matches, but I've been doing holiday stuff and not playing as much the last week or so.

I know what I want to do for my opening move, but figure I won't give whoofe any extra time to try and deconstruct it.

I'll post my AARs when I get knocked out.

(in reply to Belphegor)
Post #: 136
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/30/2015 4:55:53 PM   
whoofe

been out of town.

i wanted to run my first turn tonite but i have stuff to catch up on. probly Friday at earliest, Sunday at latest.

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 137
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 12/30/2015 7:03:56 PM   
Joel Billings

The games have been set up on the server, but haven't started yet. The official start date for round 2 is January 6.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Belphegor)
Post #: 138
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 1/6/2016 8:20:11 PM   
Joel Billings

Time to get those round 2 games going if they haven't already started.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

Post #: 139
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 1/6/2016 9:01:30 PM   
whoofe

ive started mine already

Post #: 140
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 1/6/2016 11:33:13 PM   
LiquidSky

Starting mine now.

EDIT: And it's done. Now that I know the scenario, I've learned a couple new tricks.

< Message edited by LiquidSky -- 1/7/2016 4:10:36 AM >

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

(in reply to whoofe)
Post #: 141
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 1/7/2016 1:07:03 PM   
locusmaximus

Sorry, I have WAY too much to do, that is more important, than a game, so I resign. Good luck for the final round LiquidSky

Post #: 142
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 1/7/2016 3:10:08 PM   
Seminole

LS, you gotta quit bribing these folks to resign just so you can advance!

Post #: 143
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 1/7/2016 10:10:32 PM   
LiquidSky

I have that effect on women too. After one date, they resign.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 144
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 1/7/2016 11:04:42 PM   
Joel Billings

If LS is ok with it, and Jonboym was up for it, I'd be happy to let him sub in. Jonboym was the only other player to have a VP ratio over 2, so he certainly deserves to advance based his round 1 score. LS, if that's ok with you, could you email/PM him to see if he's interested.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 145
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 1/7/2016 11:31:54 PM   
LiquidSky

Yup lets go. I wanna play! Although I don't relish the idea of spending 3 hours again on my German first turn.

Then again, I have a good idea what to do so it probably wouldn't be 3 hours.

Can you eliminate the other two games from my list? I hate staring at unfinished games.

Post #: 146
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 1/8/2016 5:22:36 AM   
Joel Billings

Done.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 147
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 1/8/2016 1:28:15 PM   
whoofe

will complete my 1st turn today

Post #: 148
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 1/11/2016 5:41:01 AM   
Joel Billings

LS, did you ever hear from jonboym (he didn't respond to my email)?

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 149
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tou... - 1/11/2016 1:24:05 PM   
LiquidSky

Nope..I put a game up, but haven't heard from him.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> After Action Reports >> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI