Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!! - 11/18/2007 5:19:31 AM   
jjax

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peterk1

Yeah but nothing for 4 days. He's probably getting clobbered and doesn't want to show us!
The thing is....I'm going to buy the game the second I see the AI clobber someone.....so I hope he shares.

Well then.... To bad you didnt see my last two games,

--JJAX

(in reply to Peterk1)
Post #: 211
RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!! - 11/18/2007 6:19:15 AM   
Warspite3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peterk1

Yeah but nothing for 4 days. He's probably getting clobbered and doesn't want to show us!
The thing is....I'm going to buy the game the second I see the AI clobber someone.....so I hope he shares.

Well, peterk1 maybe I can do some postings on one of my games since I have lost in the worst way 4 times in a row. I will tell you I am pretty good too but I was setting everything like dave had in his game in these games I played. I even used all AI+. I have no clue how dave has managed to survive for as long as he has! My games were so bad I had to surrender everytime and man they are so much fun I am speechless. I can imagine how much fun they will be when I actually win. Hey how about it people? Want to see me play a game? I will play as hard as I can and when I lose maybe someone can give me tips but I really think I am pretty good now, still completely open to tips of course.

-Warspite3-

(in reply to Peterk1)
Post #: 212
RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!! - 11/18/2007 5:32:10 PM   
dave74

Sorry for not updating guys, ive had a busy few days. I will get back to this probably tommorow, no plans to stop playing, just no time unfortunately.

(in reply to Warspite3)
Post #: 213
RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!! - 11/18/2007 6:41:53 PM   
Peterk1

It's OK everyone...no need to post your humiliations.  I finally broke down and got it. Well into my first game against normal AI. It's fun, in a hard to explain sort of way.

But there is a bit of a lack of AARs on the board showing some of the AI sneakiness. Too bad Viktor's game in Italy wasn't finished...looked like it was pushing him back nicely in that one.

(in reply to dave74)
Post #: 214
RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!! - 12/28/2007 12:58:46 PM   
Lipa

Dave, this is an outstanding AAR! I'm new to this game, just bought it as a Christmas gift to myself , and now I'm trying to grasp the basics (I'm a long-time fan of Civ and Steel Panthers, so in a way, this is the mix I've been waiting for). Anyway, I must say this AAR is much, much more informative than any tutorial or training scenario! I'm really learning stuff!!!

Great job, keep up the good work! Cheers!

(in reply to Peterk1)
Post #: 215
RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!! - 12/28/2007 11:55:18 PM   
Philistine2

I bought it a couple of weeks ago--but it was largely a result of having read this AAR. (Been somewhat interested in it before, but didn't realize the scope of random games and the mechanics).

Well done!

--Philistine

(in reply to Lipa)
Post #: 216
RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!! - 2/24/2008 7:02:01 AM   
Tophat1815

What ever happened to this?

(in reply to Philistine2)
Post #: 217
Another incredible AAR - 3/2/2008 3:38:32 AM   
balto

Man, this game attracts the best AARs.  Thanks, that is it, I am purchasing this ASAP.  Thank you very much.

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 218
RE: Another incredible AAR - 3/19/2008 10:23:40 PM   
dave74

hello guys,

Although i didnt get to finish this, i have just re-read it and would like to thank everyone for their kind comments and also explain why i didnt get finished.

At the time of writing this AAR i was recovering from a major operation and was coming to the end of 4-5 months off work. I have now been back at work since december and am back into playing pc games again now i have my feet under the table again, so to speak.

So, Sorry for not finishing guys, but again thanks for all the comments.

Dave

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 219
RE: Another incredible AAR - 4/17/2008 7:20:40 AM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

ORIGINAL: dave74

hello guys,

Although i didnt get to finish this, i have just re-read it and would like to thank everyone for their kind comments and also explain why i didnt get finished.

At the time of writing this AAR i was recovering from a major operation and was coming to the end of 4-5 months off work. I have now been back at work since december and am back into playing pc games again now i have my feet under the table again, so to speak.

So, Sorry for not finishing guys, but again thanks for all the comments.

Dave

Dave - Take care of yourself. Be healthy, post more AARs !

(in reply to dave74)
Post #: 220
RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!! - 5/31/2008 1:54:51 AM   
Tagwyn

Dave: King of the Seas is: Aircraft Carrier!! Battleship, like the Prince of Wales, is junk waiting to be sunk!!! L3

(in reply to dave74)
Post #: 221
RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!! - 1/1/2009 3:48:20 AM   
rasnell

One full year after he posted this AAR, it was the single thread that he convinced me to buy the game.

(in reply to Tagwyn)
Post #: 222
RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!! - 6/24/2011 9:03:26 PM   
sth1119

This AAR convinced me as well. I remember 'strategic conquest' on a Mac Plus many years ago. this game is a much more detailed improvement. I love the fact you can directly control what goes in you units and the replay in the random maps.

great job!

(in reply to rasnell)
Post #: 223
RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!! - 6/25/2011 2:44:48 AM   
Jeffrey H.

I had SC on the Mac...was a fun game !

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to sth1119)
Post #: 224
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Beginners Guide To Randon Maps... By A Beginner!! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI