Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide - 1/27/2013 2:59:24 PM   
AFV

This should be stickied. This is an excellent a+ guide.

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 31
RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide - 2/4/2013 5:03:48 PM   
morvael

Seconded.

(in reply to AFV)
Post #: 32
RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide - 2/4/2013 10:47:48 PM   
schascha

+1

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 33
RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide - 2/7/2013 5:34:23 PM   
Manstein63

you just need to remember that now factories do not expand until they have been repaired so if you move 5 points of a factory it will not start expanding until its damage level is back to zero. (unless I have read it wrong)
Manstein63

(in reply to schascha)
Post #: 34
RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide - 4/21/2013 2:23:27 AM   
OddBall2

Good Morning Mr Wollac
You Live in Denmark? You english is very good. I have been following your posts on WITE. I am new to the game. i see you are on line. Can you answer one question for me please. I have read numberous AAR's. As the Germans near Pskov on turn Three the better players do a HQBU. I kept my Corps HQ units from moving the turn before and the tank divisons within 5 hexs. But the HQBU on the Corps HQ is not available. How close to say a rail hex does the HQ have to be to be able to do a HQBU? I cannot find it in the manual.

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 35
RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide - 4/21/2013 2:51:19 AM   
Seminole

The HQ needs to have not been moved in the current turn (the one in which you want to perform a build up), and must be 20 or less motorized MP from rail head at the time of the build up.
Hovering the cursor over a hex will display the off rail MP and off rail range for that hex.
You'll want to position your HQ the turn prior to the turn you want to perform a build up so that on the next turn it is within 20 MP of rail head. Keep in mind that rail repair will reduce that range the subsequent turn (the one in which you're performing the build up).

(in reply to OddBall2)
Post #: 36
RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide - 4/21/2013 4:55:12 PM   
OddBall2

Thanks Seminole

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 37
RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide - 6/5/2013 10:09:12 AM   
821Bobo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walloc
Kharkov
T-34 Factory. Not the most importand as u sorta have enough but non less i prefere to evac it. 15 points should be doable early(turn 5-8) on and gives ok time to repair and expand to when T-34/M42 become operationally. Note here that he T-34/M41 has a build limit of 75, M42 62. This means that there is limited idea in fully evacing it cuz it wil be fully reparied and expanded just about the time that it goes from 75 to 62, making the expansion of those 13 turns not worth much since they are removed any how. Again one of those i'd evac 1 if germans are within Mp to zoc/take city. 1 tho it will take long to repair and expand its better than nothing.

It is really worth to evacuate the T-34 factory? Even without Kharkov T-34 factory you will have more T-34 than you can utilize. It will only eat your armaments production till end of the war.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 38
RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide - 6/5/2013 10:38:19 AM   
morvael

The late war 85s build in much lower numbers, so this factory comes handy. And on hot weeks I am able to lose entire weekly production of T-34s... At least evac 1.

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 39
RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide - 6/21/2013 9:31:33 AM   
SigUp

A question for the experienced Soviet players, how many Arms / Heavy Industry and Vehicle factories can one lose at most, so that you still don't run into supply problems later on in the war?

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 40
RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide - 6/21/2013 9:48:33 AM   
morvael

Depends how many units you have to rebuild. I had very light losses, so I manage with 95k arms and 133k supplies very well. Do not lose a single vehicle factory though, they are priceless, as vehicles are the major break to early soviet tank/mech corps buildup, increase losses and decrease movement of your units. Not that if you save all of them you won't have problems, you will have, and majority of your trucks will be from lend-lease starting '43, but every single one of vehicle factory point will help you in the long run.

(in reply to SigUp)
Post #: 41
RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide - 6/21/2013 9:51:09 AM   
morvael

The guide should be updated, to reflect the fact that evacuated factories no longer grow before their production time, so it's now better to evac more than 1 point. Sure, it will be repaired by the time production starts but it will start from just 1 point.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 42
RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide - 6/21/2013 10:14:55 AM   
SigUp

Thanks. So for example if I lose 2.5 to 3 million men until blizzard, how many arms and heavy factories would I approximately need?

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 43
RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide - 6/21/2013 8:34:21 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvael

The guide should be updated, to reflect the fact that evacuated factories no longer grow before their production time, so it's now better to evac more than 1 point. Sure, it will be repaired by the time production starts but it will start from just 1 point.

Hi Dominik,

Your welcome to do it and ill help if i can, feel free to edit in the text, but i havent played the game in a while now, so im not up todate on the changes nor do i have the desire to do it atm.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> RE: Walloc's russian factory evac guide Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI