Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 10/8/2019 6:40:41 AM   
steevodeevo

Hi folks,

Every time I try to load a player mod scenario from the pack, at the end of teh first turn I get this and it crashes:

(in reply to chopper66)
Post #: 31
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 10/18/2019 11:21:58 PM   
Hairog

I hope the Community Mods will get their tweeks soon. I know I submitted mine for the Naval Mods.

Maybe that will fix your error.

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be

(in reply to steevodeevo)
Post #: 32
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 10/24/2019 9:12:21 PM   
helmseye

quick question

has the starting technology changed for naval war mod? it used to give all countries (IMHO) a better start but now seems to of gone?

"Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none"

(in reply to chopper66)
Post #: 33
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 11/21/2019 2:02:41 PM   
Hairog

quote:

ORIGINAL: helmseye

quick question

has the starting technology changed for naval war mod? it used to give all countries (IMHO) a better start but now seems to of gone?

I used a higher level for the beta. I decided to keep as much as I could of the scenarios as close as I can to the original in the mod. You already have so many changes to deal with that changing of the tech. would be too much.

< Message edited by Hairog -- 11/21/2019 2:03:30 PM >

WW III 1946 Books

(in reply to helmseye)
Post #: 34
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 12/1/2019 5:56:11 PM   
ouldy

Hi

In the Naval War Mod game, it doesnt seem possible to reinforce the destroyer units. Does anyone know if this is an issue please.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 35
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 12/2/2019 3:01:06 AM   
Hairog

Screening Task Forces are limited to 6 strength points max. They are easy to damage and shatter, but they are very easy and fast to rebuild. Historically, hundreds of destroyers were lost compared to very few capital ships. They are expendable and should be used as obstacles to hinder enemy movement.

The best way to think of the Naval Mod is to imagine zooming in on a fleet with individual Task Forces playing their roles. Most naval games have this model to simulate naval warfare. You have a large scale map to move fleets and when the fleets meet, you move to a tactical map with individual ships.

In this case, it's one step up from individual ships to Task Forces. Radar, airplanes and their carriers of WWII have made this scale adjustment nessicary. You didn't have surface ships shooting at each other to any great extent after the first few encounters. The planes decided the battle way before the surface units got within range.

WW III 1946 Books

(in reply to ouldy)
Post #: 36
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 12/2/2019 9:57:32 PM   
ouldy

Thank you

(in reply to Hairog)
Post #: 37
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 12/2/2019 10:32:29 PM   
Hairog

NP. Hope you enjoy the Naval Mod.

WW III 1946 Books

(in reply to ouldy)
Post #: 38
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 8/23/2020 7:02:48 AM   
akashamon

Hi I just tried the naval mod for the first time. I like it.

I have one question about how the new naval ZOC work. I can't seem to figure out when the ZOC will be in effect consistently. Sometimes my subs can move next to enemy task forces or strike forces other times they can not. Is there a way to better predict this?

Thanks!

(in reply to Hairog)
Post #: 39
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 8/24/2020 2:11:03 AM   
Hairog

Wolf Packs have no Zone of Control. I will have to look around to see what's going on. All zones of control should work the same...unless there were a few versions that snuck through where you had to have two overlapping Zones of Control for it to work. I bet that is what is going on. So you can either play with that in mind, which could be another take on it, or tell me which campaigns you need and I'll see if I can find them and put a link up.

WW III 1946 Books

(in reply to akashamon)
Post #: 40
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 10/31/2020 12:15:16 PM   
edward77

I was hoping to be able to edit the Rostov mod scenario to make it a bit easier. However I`m not sure whether this is permissable or even possible. A similar question was posed in post #14 but never answered.

(in reply to chopper66)
Post #: 41
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 11/1/2020 12:23:09 AM   
Elessar2

You have to copy the scenario files to your own personal user Games folder to edit them (you can't save them in the default game folder).

(in reply to edward77)
Post #: 42
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 11/23/2020 10:43:16 AM   
edward77

Ok thanks. I did this but it still will not load into the editor. Message is "convoy.txt missing." Also noticed that the data file does not appear in the editor even though I put into the custom folder In fact this same problem ("convoy.txt missing.") occurs with all the Community content.

< Message edited by edward77 -- 11/23/2020 12:16:51 PM >

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 43
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 11/23/2020 1:19:42 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Edward77,

My guess is that you are possibly not also copying over the subdirectories that the campaigns require.

Typically the Community Pack is installed into the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Community Pack\Campaigns

Try copying the entire contents of this folder over to your USER folder usually found here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Campaigns

Then try opening the campaign after that.

Hubert

(in reply to edward77)
Post #: 44
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 11/24/2020 10:56:07 AM   
edward77

Thanks Hubert, That solved the problem for all the Community scenarios except Rostov which still has the same convoy.txt missing.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 45
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 11/24/2020 2:00:20 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Edward77,

I just tried it on my end and it opened and loaded just fine. Did you perhaps rename the campaign before you opened and edited it? This might cause the issue you are having and if you wish to rename it, simply open it in the editor and then use the SaveAs function and this will properly reset the applicable pointers in the campaign so that this type of error doesn't re-occur.

Hubert

(in reply to edward77)
Post #: 46
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 12/1/2020 3:50:51 PM   
edward77

Thanks for the help Hubert. The plot thickens. I now discover that the standard Rostov does not work either, several files missing. I think the Rostov data file is corrupt as it does not appear in the editor. Should I simply reload the Community pack or will I have to start from scratch?

Post #: 47
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 12/1/2020 4:37:54 PM   
Hubert Cater

Yeah it is worth a try, perhaps delete Rostov and the Rostov subfolder from your USER folder, then reinstall the patch/community pack and then copy over Rostov and its subfolder once again to your USER folder from the Community Pack folder and see if that then works.

(in reply to edward77)
Post #: 48
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 8/9/2021 1:28:47 PM   
fulcrum28

How can I install SPIRES mod? (the one the soldiers drawings)

I made a folder
documents/,,/strategicCommmand2WaW/cmampaigns
called
_1939 World At War_spires_color
inside there is the bitmaps folder etc.

it does not apply them.

my game is from steam running latest version. In the Mods folder communite pack Spires mod does not show either.

I could install and works well for SC3WiE

(in reply to steevodeevo)
Post #: 49
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 8/9/2021 3:40:19 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi

I've just replied to your PM, please let me know if that helps.

Bill

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to fulcrum28)
Post #: 50
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 12/14/2021 4:05:25 PM   
Saxley

How do I download this when I bought the game through Steam? When I click the link it says I have to add the CD Key to my account to register the game, but I dont have a CD Key.

(in reply to chopper66)
Post #: 51
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 12/14/2021 5:16:46 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Saxley,

The good news is that the Community Pack is already included with your Steam, Matrix or GoG purchase of the game, and there is nothing more you need to do to play the Community Pack campaigns, e.g. you'll see the Community Pack campaigns listed in game when in the SELECT CAMPAIGN screen.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to Saxley)
Post #: 52
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 1/16/2022 12:58:05 PM   
Pavia

Sorry, I'm a bit clumsy, and it's not clear to me.

What campaigns are those of the mentioned pack?

Post #: 53
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 1/16/2022 2:47:38 PM   
BillRunacre

They are:

1939 World at War Naval War Mod
1941 Rostov
1942 Axis High Tide Naval War Mod
1943 Allies Turn The Tide Naval War Mod
1944 Triumph and Tragedy

(in reply to Pavia)
Post #: 54
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 1/16/2022 5:32:28 PM   
Pavia

Thank you very much, now I have them all.
By the way, is there a manual in Spanish for the naval mod? or in English?

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 55
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 1/17/2022 12:29:25 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi Pavia

There is a NAVAL READ ME file contained within the mod, and you should be able to find it here on your PC:

C:\Users\[Your User Name]\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Campaigns\_Naval War Mod 3.0 of 1939 World at War

It is in English, there is no Spanish version I'm afraid.

(in reply to Pavia)
Post #: 56
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 1/17/2022 4:48:26 PM   
Pavia

Thank you very much... I'll see if I can pass it through a translator and if I have doubts I'll ask you.

Reiterate "thank you", "thank you very much".

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 57
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI