Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

Daniele -> Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/17/2019 2:12:35 PM)

Hi everybody,

Strategic Command WWII: World at War has received a tremendous update.

Update 1.05.00 brings tons of improvements, from scenarios changes to the game engine and more!
Click here to see the full CHANGELOG

But that's not the only news! In fact, Five great Mods have been integrated within the base game, for free. These mods change the look of the counters, add new historical scenarios and special mechanics. Kudos to all the creators for this fantastic job!

You can download the update from here

IRONX Graphics Mod, by Andrew Glenn 

Iron Cross is a major graphic overhaul of the game’s 2-D counters and map tiles and also incorporates some interface changes. The mod replaces many of the standard NATO symbols with custom silhouettes of weapon platforms accurate to the era that change as research advances. Similarly, the map has been completely reworked to produce a more classic board wargame look. Various interface changes have also been made, some of which are designed to help players better understand some of the game’s rules in relation to headquarters, air units and the costs of certain moves. Iron Cross gives the game a completely new look and feel while at the same time leaving the original gameplay unchanged.

[image]https://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/SCWAW%20_Community_pack/Iron%20Cross%202D%20Counter/Image3.png[/image]

High Res Counter Mod, by Christophe SIPRES 

Alternative 2D Counters with upgrades display for all Majors and Minors
Historical colorized silhouettes for Vehicles, Aircrafts, Navies, Artillery's
historical colorized portraits for Infantry's units
Counters shaped system for better map identification
All ground units are squared shaped (HQ round corners shaped)
All air units are circle shaped
All naval units are hexagon shaped

[image]https://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/SCWAW%20_Community_pack/High%20Res%20counter%20MOD/4.jpg[/image]

1944 Triumph and Tragedy, by Robert Carver

This mod covers the global war from June 1944 onwards.  The Allies are on the offensive in almost every theater.  In the Philippine Sea the US Navy is facing the remnants of the Japanese fleet attempting to intervene in the American invasion of the Marianas.  Elsewhere in the Pacific General MacArthur and the Allies are clearing New Guinea; and in Burma the Japanese attack on Kohima is falling apart, with the Indian Army poised for a decisive counter-attack.  It is only in China that the Japanese are in a position to make some advances, but a Decision Event can reinforce the Japanese in China or alter this so more forces are sent to face the Americans in the Pacific.  In Europe the second front has arrived. 

[image]https://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/SCWAW%20_Community_pack/1944%20Mod/Image11.png[/image]

1941 Rostov, by Robert Carver

This mod covers the German attack across the Dnieper and Donets rivers towards Rostov in the fall of 1941.  The attack on Rostov is ordered by Berlin despite Army Group South’s depleted resources.  In fact, additional German forces are diverted south into the Crimea.  The Germans managed to occupy Rostov for a short while before a determined Russian counter-attack forced them to withdraw.  In the mod you will notice the Russians start with a single defensive line the length of the map.  The Russian units are many, but their quality is much lower than the Germans, however the Russians are reinforcing continually throughout the course of the game.  The Germans are limited in numbers, receive few reinforcements, but are superior in experience and technology.  The objective is Rostov, so while the map is large with many tempting targets, it is this one city that will determine victory.     

[image]http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/SCWAW _Community_pack/1941 Rostov/1.png[/image]

Naval War Mod, by Harry Kellog

This is a Modification of the Strategic Command Three World at War naval combat system. It attempts to enhance the naval combat portion of this fine simulation. The biggest changes are “Naval Zones of Control”, “Task Force” centered operations and “Naval Defensive Evasion”. The intent is to reduce the number of "hit and run" attacks, give a greater role for Screening Forces and deliver an enhanced historical experience.

[image]https://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/SCWAW%20_Community_pack/Naval%20Mod/1.jpg[/image]

vaalen -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/17/2019 4:31:50 PM)

When I click on the link described as "here" in the post, I get taken to another place to log in. Once I log in, I am given the choice of downloading the June 26 patch, or the initial download.

Please advise on how I can download the community pack.

Hubert Cater -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/17/2019 5:10:00 PM)

Hi Vaalen,

The Community Pack is bundled in with the v1.05.00 patch/update, but it looks like the patch is simply incorrectly dated on that page.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

vaalen -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/17/2019 8:34:17 PM)

Hi Hubert,

Good to hear from you. Yes, your answer solves the problem, as usual.

Thanks,

Vaalen

pjg100 -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/17/2019 8:41:17 PM)

Where can I access a list of the changes made in the v1.05 update?

budd -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/17/2019 11:40:55 PM)

I was checking out the mods, and it seems the Russian counters don't change. I've tried Iron X and Spires mods and the Russian units stay the same in both.

I was trying the new 1944 campaign and couldn't get the Russian counters to show. Seems like the counters show up in the 1939 campaign. do i have to copy the modded counters to a folder for the 1944 campaign.

Hubert Cater -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/18/2019 12:46:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pjg100
Where can I access a list of the changes made in the v1.05 update?

When you run the launcher for the game, there is a button that should say Patch Notes, if you click on this it will list all the updates for v1.05.00

I'll also look to add it to the thread for the Community Pack update as well.

Hubert Cater -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/18/2019 12:52:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: budd

I was checking out the mods, and it seems the Russian counters don't change. I've tried Iron X and Spires mods and the Russian units stay the same in both.

I was trying the new 1944 campaign and couldn't get the Russian counters to show. Seems like the counters show up in the 1939 campaign. do i have to copy the modded counters to a folder for the 1944 campaign.

Thanks and I see the issue here as well as the 1944 campaign uses customized sprites for the Soviets much like the default campaigns do.

I'll have this fixed but for a temporary workaround all you'll need to do is the following.

1) Navigate to your installation folder and then this folder where the Iron_X MOD is installed. Typically the path would be something like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Community Pack\Mods\Iron_Cross_Mod_v4-3\Campaigns

2) From here, you'll see a list of campaign folders for the default campaigns. Create a new subfolder called the following:

_1944 Triumph and Tragedy

3) Copy the Bitmaps and Interface folder from this path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Community Pack\Mods\Iron_Cross_Mod_v4-3\Campaigns\_1939 World at War

To this path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Community Pack\Mods\Iron_Cross_Mod_v4-3\Campaigns\_1944 Triumph and Tragedy

4) Re-launch the game and it should work fine after that.

Hubert

Rosseau -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/18/2019 3:26:08 AM)

Good show! I had been installing these (great) mods manually with various levels of success. [;)]

Mercutio -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/18/2019 11:29:26 AM)

I am not sure what this means.

USSR scorched earth settings changed from 30 -> 70%, to 30 -> 50% for Settlements, Towns and Fortified Towns, and from 60 -> 80%, to 40 -> 60% for all Cities, Major Cities, Capitals and Major Capitals.

BillRunacre -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/19/2019 4:49:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mercutio

I am not sure what this means.

USSR scorched earth settings changed from 30 -> 70%, to 30 -> 50% for Settlements, Towns and Fortified Towns, and from 60 -> 80%, to 40 -> 60% for all Cities, Major Cities, Capitals and Major Capitals.

This refers to the damage inflicted on the resource when it changes hands, so effectively they will now be damaged less than they used to be when they are captured or liberated.

Mercutio -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/19/2019 8:51:57 PM)

So supply will be easier for Germany in Barbarossa, although I guess easier when Russia gets them back.

It doesn't apply in China and elsewhere, hence the name?

Hubert Cater -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/20/2019 12:59:10 PM)

Yes and no as the supply rules have changed for HQs and for HQ linking/boosting so this was a bit of compensation for this. Otherwise it was found during testing, after the new HQ supply rules were applied, that it was potentially too difficult for the Axis to make the expected meaningful headway into the USSR.

Generally speaking the supply rule changes were implemented to slow the perceived Axis juggernaut from earlier builds, but we had to give a little bit back in another way to avoid the risk of it having gone too far.

pvtbobo -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/21/2019 6:58:15 PM)

Sry to bother you but I am trying to edit the Rostov scenario and the editor says no convoy.txt unable to load. What I am doing wrong?

pvtbobo -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/22/2019 6:26:04 AM)

I just copied the content of community pack in the campaigns folder and now I can see it in editor, but another small problem appeared. In the campaign 1942 Axis High Tide Naval Mod, the 3D Unit of USSR Shock Army is something like a fortress/bunker not the usual icon with a tank surrounded by soldiers. Can you help me with this? Thank you!

Hubert Cater -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/22/2019 7:11:16 PM)

Hi pvtbobo,

There is a modified graphics package that goes with the NAVAL MOD campaigns and it is recommended to play with these enabled when playing the naval mod campaigns. These can be found and turned on by going to the OPTIONS->SETTINGS->MODS screen and then clicking on the little box to the right of the 'Naval War Unit Counters' entry.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

Hairog -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/23/2019 2:00:05 AM)

quote:

+1

quote:

Hi pvtbobo,

There is a modified graphics package that goes with the NAVAL MOD campaigns and it is recommended to play with these enabled when playing the naval mod campaigns. These can be found and turned on by going to the OPTIONS->SETTINGS->MODS screen and then clicking on the little box to the right of the 'Naval War Unit Counters' entry.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

I want to reiterate that. You have to use the Naval War Unit Counters mod. Plus they're pretty thanks to IronX and Sipres.

pvtbobo -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/23/2019 6:16:49 PM)

Thank you a lot for the quick response.[:)]But, if I understand correctly, there are new counters not the 3D Icons for that mod. The look of those counters is amazing but I still miss the 3d little soldiers..I know..silly me :).With Naval Mod Counters activated I have 2 kind of counters the new and the Nato...but no 3d...It is my fault or it is designed like this?

Hairog -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/24/2019 12:24:17 AM)

What do the 3D markers look like if you turn off the Naval War Mod? Is it just a few that are wonky or a whole bunch?

pvtbobo -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/24/2019 5:54:38 AM)

Not all the 3d figures, just the USSR shock army, so after all I can live with that :)...

[image]local://upfiles/61203/3ABA2B08120A4A02B7D088AB8ED14568.jpg[/image]

Hubert Cater -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/24/2019 1:36:05 PM)

Hi pvtbobo,

If you prefer to play with the original 3D units and not the Naval War mod graphics pack, then the easiest way to correct the Pillbox issue for the Soviet Storm Troopers is to do the following:

1) Navigate to root installation folder and then the Campaigns folder.

2) Open the '_1939 World at War' subfolder and then copy the 'Bitmaps' folder.

3) Navigate to the USER folder where you have edited the Naval War campaigns and then open the subfolder for that edited campaign.

4) Paste the Bitmaps folder in there and it should now correct the Pillbox issue you are having.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

pvtbobo -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/24/2019 7:34:09 PM)

Hello Mr.Cater,
As always...many many thanks, now it works. Best regards and thank you for caring.Thank you Mr. Heirog too!

Hubert Cater -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/25/2019 12:16:25 AM)

My pleasure [:)]

chopper66 -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/27/2019 10:01:35 PM)

The soviet counters stop working for me too. They can be brought back by going to options and again choosing the mod, but will disappear again. The max zoom map loses its map and is only left with country symbols. I am playing a custom campaign.

Hubert Cater -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (9/30/2019 3:53:59 PM)

Hi Chopper66,

Which mod are you playing and which graphical mod have you applied where you are losing Soviet counters? Also, are you playing 3D or Nato style counters?

Thanks,
Hubert

chopper66 -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (10/1/2019 7:11:54 PM)

SIPRES NATO counter mod and Nato style counters (not 3D).

Hubert Cater -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (10/1/2019 8:57:59 PM)

In your customized campaign subfolder from within your USER\Campaigns folder, delete the unit sprite files in the following folder if you wish to use the SIPRES NATO counter MOD as this should resolve the issue for you:

Bitmaps\Major_04

Hope this helps,
Hubert

pvtbobo -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (10/2/2019 7:50:51 AM)

Hello again! Another day another problem [:)]. Now I am trying to make some changes to the 1939 WaW Naval Mod campaign and almost all the names of the units are wrong. I have a Polish Air Wing called Rommel, a German General called Giulio di Cesare ...what I can do to remediate...unfortunately I already made some modifications...Thank you for your patience..

[image]local://upfiles/61203/96F9FC9249A045AE80D7B9F9F6DE6BE4.jpg[/image]

Later edit:
Solved! I copied unit.txt from 1939 Waw/text to the same folder in my custom campaign. It worked. Do you know if I need to copy other files?

Hubert Cater -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (10/2/2019 12:47:19 PM)

Great to hear and I believe it was just the one file that was in error.

chopper66 -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack (10/6/2019 10:13:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

In your customized campaign subfolder from within your USER\Campaigns folder, delete the unit sprite files in the following folder if you wish to use the SIPRES NATO counter MOD as this should resolve the issue for you:

Bitmaps\Major_04

Hope this helps,
Hubert

Thanks Hubert

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI