Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 released

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 released Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 released - 2/4/2022 11:41:41 AM   
Edmon

A new patch is now available for Strategic Command WWII: World at War.

You can directly download the update here:
https://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/StrategicCommandWWIIWorldAtWar/StrategicCommandWWII-WorldAtWar-UpdateComp-v1.14.00.00.zip

Check out the full changelog:

v1.14.00 Changes

GAME ENGINE
- Fixed an issue where PBEM++ Tournament scores were not preserved when saving progress mid turn. Scores would then only re-appear after ending the turn (Ajunta Pall).
- Fixed a UNIT production queue placement issue for the AI that would sometimes place an HQ adjacent to enemy units when better alternative positions were available (Josef Steppan)
- Fixed a controlled movement error where the unit would not move the full range of hexes in some cases (Laurenz)
- Fixed a controlled movement error where the unit would move its full range of hexes but not record any action point cost (Laurenz)
- Fixed another retreat error that did not have units retreat as optimally away from enemy units as they should (havoc1371)
- Fixed a rare (usually a first turn issue but only if the script exists) combat error where any AI units that moved into place via GUARD scripts did not record that they had 'moved', providing a blitz attack bonus for these units (Illbeard)
- Fixed a combat NM calcuation error for when a defending unit is attacked in port, the attacker no longer loses NM when the attacker does not suffer a strength point loss (Checksumchecks)
- Fixed a Production Lost error for when a country surrenders and moves its Government to a new country
- Fixed a Research log error that did not properly display the research advancements and progression of your side under Fog of War
- Fixed a 'shattered' from combat calculation error that did not update HQ experience, National Morale and MPPs graphs values (Checksumchecks)
- AI Medium Bombers will now attack in a sequence prior to AI Tactical Bombers (SittingDuck).

EDITOR
- Fixed an issue where Minor nations could not be set for DECISION event COUNTRY_ID values as it would throw an incorrect script compilation error (SittingDuck).
- Fixed an error when reorganizing Major Country IDs that did not properly update any applicably affected transport units (The Land)
- Fixed an error when reorganizing Major Country IDs that resulted in a CTD when shifting a major to the minor list (The Land)

All Campaigns
- Fixed the sea hexes 267,97, 267,98, 266,98, 266,97, 265,99, 264,100 & 265,100 in the Pacific that were incorrectly assigned to France (Jon Greenwood).
- Mention of Granada changed to Murcia relating to DE 316 in the Strategy Guides (KlasE).

1939 Campaigns
- Corrected the condition position for the Axis AI unit scripts for the Afrika Korps (sschnar1).
- Fortification added at 191,62 immediately NE of Changsha (Chernobyl; Marcinos1985; Old Crow Balthazor).
- The presence of an Axis unit within 2 hexes of Kweichow can now increase US and Indian mobiliation (Marcinos1985; hansondavid44).
- Communist China entering the war on the Allied side will now boost China's National Morale by 1,500 points in the expectation that they will assist in the fight against Japan.
- The USA joining the Allies will now increase China's National Morale by 3,000 points.
- Japan now receives the Mogami Heavy Cruiser in its Production Queue on the 1st December 1940 (Chernobyl).
- Increased the chance of the Chinese AI researching Infantry Warfare (Jackmck).
- Declarations of war by the Allies will now move the USA by 3-5% towards the Axis. This is in addition to any penalty for declaring war on a specific country (ralaric).
- Changes imported from WWII: War in Europe to increase France's starting strength while reducing her early war income slightly (redrum68; Marcinos1985). Details are as follows:
- France's starting MPPs increased from 75 to 90.
- French 3rd Army at Metz and 9th Army at 92,41 increased in strength from 5 to 8, 1st Army at 90,40 increased in strength from 5 to 6, and Reserve Corps at Paris increased in strength from 5 to 7. This is the equivalent of 100 MPPs worth of reinforcements.
- Resource scripts added for Algiers; Rabat; Fez, Tunis, Bordeaux, Marseille, Brest and Perpignan so that they start the war at zero strength, increasing by 1 per Allied turn.
- Strategy Guides now include a table showing the % chance of units fighting on from exile, just search for Free Units (AceRimmer).

< Message edited by Edmon -- 2/4/2022 11:49:56 AM >

Slitherine Games - Community Manager - Italian Office

Any questions, concerns or comments about our Community Forums or Games? You are always welcome to drop me a PM.
Post #: 1
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 rel... - 2/4/2022 1:16:07 PM   
Laurenz

Nice! All around great changes!

(Only the additional US mobilization penalty might be a bit harsh on active early game strategies for the Allies, but this could be the intention to counterbalance the USSR buffs)

(in reply to Edmon)
Post #: 2
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 rel... - 2/4/2022 3:45:26 PM   
redrum68

quote:

- Changes imported from WWII: War in Europe to increase France's starting strength while reducing her early war income slightly (redrum68; Marcinos1985). Details are as follows:
- France's starting MPPs increased from 75 to 90.
- French 3rd Army at Metz and 9th Army at 92,41 increased in strength from 5 to 8, 1st Army at 90,40 increased in strength from 5 to 6, and Reserve Corps at Paris increased in strength from 5 to 7. This is the equivalent of 100 MPPs worth of reinforcements.
- Resource scripts added for Algiers; Rabat; Fez, Tunis, Bordeaux, Marseille, Brest and Perpignan so that they start the war at zero strength, increasing by 1 per Allied turn.

Looks like some good changes. Very interested to see how the updates in France impact 1939 invasions.

(in reply to Edmon)
Post #: 3
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 rel... - 2/4/2022 5:26:13 PM   
CaesarAug

Many thanks for the updates!

ERRATA v1.14.00: Just thought to let the developers know...

The whatsnew.pdf file does NOT update to v1.14.00, it still retains the previous v1.13.00.
And the Version Changes .txt only includes PART of the v1.14.00 changes, not the full changelog!

< Message edited by CaesarAug -- 2/4/2022 5:50:36 PM >

(in reply to redrum68)
Post #: 4
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 rel... - 2/4/2022 5:51:48 PM   
BillRunacre

Thanks CaesarAug, unfortunately the campaign changes aren't listed in that document at the moment but they will be there next time!

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to CaesarAug)
Post #: 5
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 rel... - 2/5/2022 8:54:31 PM   
Chernobyl

Mogami lovers rejoice! The changes sound cool. I think the Chinese probably need more, but the extra NM boosts for China feel good (assuming they help somewhat). The extra fort is a step in the right direction. Changsha should be tough to capture, as it was historically. The biggest boost for the Allies might be the USA diplo they get if the Japanese advance within 2 hexes of Kweichow. Because frankly the Japanese can (and should) advance this way well before Dec 41. How many % points does this push the USA?

< Message edited by Chernobyl -- 2/5/2022 8:55:05 PM >

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 6
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 rel... - 2/6/2022 6:04:46 PM   
BillRunacre

8-15%, the same as for if the Japanese advance on other Chinese locations. Though note that this boost only happens once, i.e. if it is fired by an advance on Kweichow, it won't then fire again should they advance on Yenan.

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 7
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 rel... - 2/8/2022 9:46:20 AM   
Marcinos1985

quote:

if it is fired by an advance on Kweichow, it won't then fire again should they advance on Yenan.

Glad you cleared it, me myself believed that it fires each time. Axis players have now an interesting dilemma, pay the penalty and evaporate China, or stand still and focus elsewhere.

Post #: 8
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 rel... - 2/10/2022 2:57:35 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marcinos1985

quote:

if it is fired by an advance on Kweichow, it won't then fire again should they advance on Yenan.

Glad you cleared it, me myself believed that it fires each time. Axis players have now an interesting dilemma, pay the penalty and evaporate China, or stand still and focus elsewhere.

I actually like this dilemma for the Japanese. Its going to make consideration of their focus a lot more interesting. A pretty elegant game mechanic to help mitigate the usual defacto Squash China Syndrome Strategy that seemed to be rave. The Pacific NM triggers give Nippon a alternative too.

(in reply to Marcinos1985)
Post #: 9
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 rel... - 2/10/2022 8:44:37 AM   
CaesarAug

Curious phenomenon: North Sea hexes 89,25 and 90,25 are "owned" and "controlled" by Germany. It doesn't seem to affect gameplay but there should be no national ownership/control of open sea hexes.
Looks like the same Pacific incident with several open sea hexes formerly under French "ownership" and "control."

I can't figure out how this could even happen, since open sea hexes don't allow for selecting national ownership!

< Message edited by CaesarAug -- 2/10/2022 9:02:57 AM >

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 10
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 rel... - 2/10/2022 9:42:09 AM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaesarAug

Curious phenomenon: North Sea hexes 89,25 and 90,25 are "owned" and "controlled" by Germany. It doesn't seem to affect gameplay but there should be no national ownership/control of open sea hexes.
Looks like the same Pacific incident with several open sea hexes formerly under French "ownership" and "control."

I can't figure out how this could even happen, since open sea hexes don't allow for selecting national ownership!

Interesting, I know what caused the Pacific ones, but not the North Sea ones. Thanks for reporting this and I'll get it corrected for the next patch.

(in reply to CaesarAug)
Post #: 11
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 rel... - 2/10/2022 11:12:25 AM   
CaesarAug

Right, thanks! Fortunately, it’s very easily corrected via the editor for modded campaigns.

My guess for the Pacific hexes was a sort of carry-over from a previous French island chain that was eventually replaced by open sea.

Sure seems odd the similar instance right in the middle of the North Sea. Two open sea hexes owned and controlled by Germany… I daresay the British would not like that at all!

< Message edited by CaesarAug -- 2/10/2022 11:13:54 AM >

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War - v1.14.00 released Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI