Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Assault Engineers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Assault Engineers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Assault Engineers - 4/15/2006 6:52:39 PM   
hbrsvl

Hi-Please clarify something for me. What constitutes an Assault Eng unit? In some previous post I believe someone said you only get 6 of these units in a game. I thought an AE unit was an ENG unit that had an assault value. Is this correct? If not, how does one ID such a unit?
Thanks, Hugh Browne
Post #: 1
RE: Assault Engineers - 4/15/2006 9:14:25 PM   
dtravel

Not sure what you mean by "Assault Engineer Unit", but maybe this will help. When you look in the LCU details window, there are two kinds of Engineers. One is listed simply as "Engineers", the other as "Engineer Squads". The Engineer Squads are the ones that are useful in combat, reduce fortifications and the like as well as improving and repairing bases. Engineers only build and repair. Does that help?

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 2
RE: Assault Engineers - 4/15/2006 11:37:44 PM   
saj42

ENGINEER REGIMENTS = 'assault eng unit'

The US only gets 5 or 6 Engineer Regiments (I think one starts on Midway) whereas the Japanese get plenty. They contain both types of engineers as dtravel said, I think also some infantry squads. Their primary use is reducing fortifications during assualts. They have an AV

Both sides get numerous 'construction battalions' (Seabees, EABs, AF Sqdns, etc). These contain only engineers (Allies get Engr vehicles as well) and their primary uses are building and repairing. They have NO AV.

Banner by rogueusmc

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 3
RE: Assault Engineers - 4/16/2006 12:48:25 AM   
MarcA

quote:

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

Hi-Please clarify something for me. What constitutes an Assault Eng unit? In some previous post I believe someone said you only get 6 of these units in a game. I thought an AE unit was an ENG unit that had an assault value. Is this correct? If not, how does one ID such a unit?
Thanks, Hugh Browne

As all above but just to add some base forces, etc, have assault values because they have infantry squads attached. It is the Engineering Squads you are looking for, they are the assault engineers

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 4
RE: Assault Engineers - 4/16/2006 2:32:26 AM   
hbrsvl

To all who responded-Thanks, now I know what to look for. But, with all the fortifcations the Allies have to overcome, 6 units in a game seems a bit low. Again, thanks, HB.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 5
RE: Assault Engineers - 4/16/2006 12:14:53 PM   
saj42

Most divisions have 'engineer squads' in them, especially the US Marine divs. Adding the EngrRegts to an attack gives that extra PUNCH.

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 6
RE: Assault Engineers - 4/16/2006 4:41:05 PM   
Sardaukar

What Tallyho! said. Allies are not exactly short of combat engineers since most units have them. Those combat engineer regiments can be used to give extra attack power if facing very heavy fortifications.

(in reply to saj42)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Assault Engineers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI