Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.2.18 limited wool production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> 1.2.18 limited wool production Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.2.18 limited wool production - 3/15/2006 10:56:01 AM   
DonOlms

Played Prussia,Spain and Sweden in the 1805 campaign and found it damned hard to produce
textiles. This was mostly because of the low wool resource factors of the provinces.

Any reason why wool was placed at this low values? Some more provinces with wool=2 whould
be helpful and I can't really explain why the designers have made wool such a restrictive resource.
Post #: 1
RE: 1.2.18 limited wool production - 3/15/2006 7:44:40 PM   
ericbabe

The resource production values were based on several historical economic atlases, and were tweaked up/down from those values for the sake of interesting game-play.

The production values are easily modded if players wish to experiment with different values.

Also I should mention that textiles -- as all of the resource categories -- are meant to represent wide sectors of the economy, not just sheep in a field. It would probably be more accurate if we had invented little acronyms for each resource to describe all of the things in each economic sector, but I think the tangible names are easier to remember and better for the imagination. Textile is perhaps the widest category of resources, and is meant to encapsulate much advanced economic activity (represented by textiles, which were to the Napoleonic era what spices were to the Middle Ages and what microchips are to the modern era.)

(in reply to DonOlms)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> 1.2.18 limited wool production Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI