Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ABANDONING THIS GAME - LITTLE INTEREST

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> ABANDONING THIS GAME - LITTLE INTEREST Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ABANDONING THIS GAME - LITTLE INTEREST - 1/2/2006 5:08:42 PM   
XLegion

Wow! It sure seems as if there is little interest in this game. Well, after a week or so of fooling around with it I am ultimately going to abandon it and go back to the GREAT BATTLES OF HISTORY from now defunct I-Magic. I thought this game would be a legitimate replacement for the GREAT BATTLES system but I see now that they are not. Can't see how you can win in these things. The "hidden intelligence" rule is too exclusive. It looks silly when you can't even see the enemy on the tactical battle board and winning at the medium level seems impossible. I doubt if anyone will even see this as the board doesn't seem to generate any traffic.

Bye, Bye

XLegion

Post #: 1
RE: ABANDONING THIS GAME - LITTLE INTEREST - 1/2/2006 6:33:37 PM   
sol_invictus

I bought this game when it first came out but haven't played it much since. I am going to give it another try this week. I just ordered GB of Hannibal as I lost my old copy.

(in reply to XLegion)
Post #: 2
RE: ABANDONING THIS GAME - LITTLE INTEREST - 4/9/2006 9:17:49 AM   
Beetlecat

I've been able to play this game at a friend's house recently, and while initally hooked at the marvelous game system, I'm left feeling a bit empty while playing it. Maybe it's due to the fact that it still looks like a tabletop game, and I've grown to accustomed to games like Steel Panthers which would be excruciating to re-create in the 'real world'. -- not to mention playing a lot of 'Rome:Total War'

As to the difficulty level, I completely agree. These set-piece battles can rarely be won on the first play-through, since it seems (although I'm exaggerating) that moving a unit a few squares in the wrong direction in the early phases can spell defeat.

Maybe a slightly bigger board and slightly longer line of sight might help in this regard.

(in reply to XLegion)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> ABANDONING THIS GAME - LITTLE INTEREST Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI