Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

no a/c on Taiyo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> no a/c on Taiyo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
no a/c on Taiyo - 5/4/2006 1:01:40 PM   
George Patton

I'm planning the first turn against Chuck, and I want to send CV Taiyo somewhere
At the beginning she has any a/c on board. I formed an Air Combat TF to transfer there some chutai but there is no way to do it. When I push "transfer to ship" button, no ships are listed. Why?
Post #: 1
RE: no a/c on Taiyo - 5/4/2006 1:12:02 PM   
boba

Assuming you are trying to transfer IJN planes (Zeroes, Vals, KAtes), have you checked to wich HQ chutai is assigned? If it's Home defense you need to transfer them (and pay PPs) to some other HQ.
BTW, I always do exacty the same you want to do with Taiyo on first turn

quote:

ORIGINAL: George Patton

I'm planning the first turn against Chuck, and I want to send CV Taiyo somewhere
At the beginning she has any a/c on board. I formed an Air Combat TF to transfer there some chutai but there is no way to do it. When I push "transfer to ship" button, no ships are listed. Why?

(in reply to George Patton)
Post #: 2
RE: no a/c on Taiyo - 5/4/2006 1:20:38 PM   
George Patton

oooops...
I didn't check the HQ assignement....

(in reply to boba)
Post #: 3
RE: no a/c on Taiyo - 5/4/2006 1:30:15 PM   
Charles2222

quote:

ORIGINAL: boba

Assuming you are trying to transfer IJN planes (Zeroes, Vals, KAtes), have you checked to wich HQ chutai is assigned? If it's Home defense you need to transfer them (and pay PPs) to some other HQ.
BTW, I always do exacty the same you want to do with Taiyo on first turn

quote:

ORIGINAL: George Patton

Juat out of curiousity, wouldn't this work the same way if you switched the CVE to the same command as the planes? It might be cheaper that way if there's more than one group he wants to put on it.

(in reply to boba)
Post #: 4
RE: no a/c on Taiyo - 5/4/2006 2:09:28 PM   
Terminus

Nope, that won't work... Too easy...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Charles2222)
Post #: 5
RE: no a/c on Taiyo - 5/4/2006 3:02:55 PM   
saj42

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

Juat out of curiousity, wouldn't this work the same way if you switched the CVE to the same command as the planes? It might be cheaper that way if there's more than one group he wants to put on it.

As Terminus said - NO
An air unit cannot be based anywhere other than the 'soil' of its command. Thats why you can transfer to another base but not to a ship (including loading onto an AK). You can fly a 'home defence' unit from Honsho to Hokkaido but not ship it by AK

Post #: 6
RE: no a/c on Taiyo - 5/4/2006 3:07:24 PM   
Charles2222

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tallyho!

quote:

As Terminus said - NO
An air unit cannot be based anywhere other than the 'soil' of its command. Thats why you can transfer to another base but not to a ship (including loading onto an AK). You can fly a 'home defence' unit from Honsho to Hokkaido but not ship it by AK

Well I know I've loaded up and AK without checking the command. Maybe just that it was incidentally the right command. Although I must say I didn't play that game long enough to see if it could unload them. that really seems bizarre as loading them on Ak's goes, because there's no like restrictions with land units.

(in reply to saj42)
Post #: 7
RE: no a/c on Taiyo - 5/4/2006 3:28:51 PM   
RUPD3658

As Japan you must pay attention to detail or you are dommed. The Allies can afford to be the stumbling colossus but Japan can not.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

Post #: 8
RE: no a/c on Taiyo - 5/4/2006 5:38:47 PM   
aletoledo

since I based a lot of my planes for training in malaysa I have a lot of them attached to Burma command, yet I can still place them anywhere I like.

the thing I noticed as george patton mentioned happens when the carrier is in port, when I create a TF it'll then show up as an option.

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 9
RE: no a/c on Taiyo - 5/4/2006 5:40:42 PM   
Arkady

quote:

Well I know I've loaded up and AK without checking the command. Maybe just that it was incidentally the right command. Although I must say I didn't play that game long enough to see if it could unload them. that really seems bizarre as loading them on Ak's goes, because there's no like restrictions with land units.

Yep, it must be right command...

You can not load land units on ships if they are attached to restricted command !

Post #: 10
RE: no a/c on Taiyo - 5/5/2006 4:37:34 PM   
Hoplosternum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arkady

quote:

Yep, it must be right command...

You can not load land units on ships if they are attached to restricted command !

Yes they don't even show up as selectable....

Of course most Japanese new units show up in Japan and these are very rarely the restricted Home command HQ so most new air formations in Japan will be transfereable. It is the original home defence Datai that are not.

(in reply to Arkady)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> no a/c on Taiyo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI