Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can you rally with radios ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Can you rally with radios ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can you rally with radios ? - 5/11/2006 8:15:41 AM   
soldier

In a recent battle against the Ai (1944) my panthers got heavily supressed but survived. Stretched out on the line (as panthers usually are) they had contact via radio but only the unit leader did anything. Didn't hear a peep out of the Ao, Co or platoon leaders unless they were within visual contact. Unit comm was on.
The manual reckons units with radios can rally subordinates, am i doing something wrong ?
Post #: 1
RE: Can you rally with radios ? - 5/13/2006 4:26:07 AM   
KG Erwin

Remember the three-hex command radius for rallying applies to all command units. Always try to keep radio comm open, but your AO provides a rally bonus, so put the Battalion CO in range of units that need to be stiffened up by the Lt Col's presence. Once coming under fire, the command unit's ability to reduce suppression is vital.

Let me put it this way -- a unit will look to the highest-level command unit in range to reduce suppression. Using the "R" key, it will then go to the next lower command unit within range to reduce suppression further. This process can be repeated until the available "rally points" are used up..

(in reply to soldier)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Can you rally with radios ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI