Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carriers in WPO

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> Scenario Design >> Carriers in WPO Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carriers in WPO - 8/23/2006 10:20:30 PM   
nubbin77

I have WiTP and I am a little overwhelmed at the airpower and management of it in that game. I enjoy the fleet movement and carrier movement, but combined with the amount of airbases, I get a little distracted at some of the micromanagement.

WPO sounds perfect for what I'd rather focus on. I was wondering if it would be possible to mess with the editor and add a carrier or 2 to each side (with a full compliment of planes to each side with replacements ...as in planes from WITP.). Because I think as much as I am overwhelmed with the focus on airpower in WITP, I think I'd miss it if I didn't have any to deal with. Is this a possibility in the WPO engine, or does it not have such a capability?
Post #: 1
RE: Carriers in WPO - 8/23/2006 10:28:02 PM   
Helpless

quote:

ORIGINAL: nubbin77

I was wondering if it would be possible to mess with the editor and add a carrier or 2 to each side (with a full compliment of planes to each side with replacements ...as in planes from WITP.). Is this a possibility in the WPO engine, or does it not have such a capability?

Yes you can.

Check out GPW mod. Mike added tons of new toys, including extra CVs for both sides.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to nubbin77)
Post #: 2
RE: Carriers in WPO - 8/24/2006 12:46:38 AM   
nubbin77

cool, thanks, I read about it.  Sounds good. Does that mod / scenerio work against the AI (at least in theory, I know it takes a long time to test vs. AI to see if the additions break it).

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: Carriers in WPO - 8/24/2006 3:59:49 AM   
chuck

But following the GPW thread, it looks like it's PBEM only since the AI can't deal with it.

So what is the real skinny?

Chuk

(in reply to nubbin77)
Post #: 4
RE: Carriers in WPO - 8/24/2006 9:02:10 AM   
Helpless

I guess it is possible to have game against Allied AI in GPW. Japanese AI is screwed by additional mid ocean bases.

Otherwise even in stock scenarios AI is quite passive. In my last game against stock Jap-AI I made "mistake" by interciepting main invasion TF to PI, after that AI kept sitting in small bases in Luzon leaving Manila for fort expansion.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to chuck)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> Scenario Design >> Carriers in WPO Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI