Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/9/2006 2:56:46 PM   
forgorin

Just downloaded the new Enhanced and I see that the Japanese are not alowed to have them. Is there some sort of vendeta against them. I thought the enhanced mod was suposed to fix those kinds of things. No offence, but what the hell? i know alot of work went into making it,but...

< Message edited by forgorin -- 6/9/2006 2:57:03 PM >

Stress is the confusion created when ones own mind over rides the bodies desire to choke the living **** out of some asshole who really deserves it!
Post #: 1
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/9/2006 3:03:56 PM   
forgorin

Ok I found them. Why do they only get them in 1940? Not even the Japanese are stupid enought to train and equip paratroopers and not have any planes for them!

Stress is the confusion created when ones own mind over rides the bodies desire to choke the living **** out of some asshole who really deserves it!

(in reply to forgorin)
Post #: 2
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/9/2006 3:12:11 PM   
forgorin

Well seems like they are unselectable. no one gets them. So I am going to throw a hissy fit and throw it in the trash. Like I said before I know alot of work went into it. I just dotn like it.

(in reply to forgorin)
Post #: 3
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/9/2006 3:21:14 PM   
azraelck

Meh. Wait. With a game of this size, there were a few things missed... you may also have had bad weather, killing any hope of a drop for that battle.

(in reply to forgorin)
Post #: 4
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/9/2006 5:09:24 PM   
forgorin

To buy for the coor units

(in reply to azraelck)
Post #: 5
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/9/2006 5:46:01 PM   
FlashfyreSP

Transports are available from 1940-1943. Gliders are available in 1943.
You cannot buy Transports for a Core Force; only as Support Units.

Bad weather will also prevent Air Assets from being available.

Hope your hissy fit makes you feel better.

(in reply to forgorin)
Post #: 6
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/9/2006 5:47:41 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

quote:

ORIGINAL: forgorin

Ok I found them. Why do they only get them in 1940? Not even the Japanese are stupid enought to train and equip paratroopers and not have any planes for them!

If you have a problem with when a given country can buy any units, you can always change the date(s) of availability for the unit(s) in question. Just open the folder where your SP:WaW 8.4 resides, then open the SP:WaW editor. From the pull down menu at the top left corner of the editor open the oob for the country you want to change and then select the unit you want to change.

From the screen you get you can alter the dates that the units in that country's oob are available from and to. (Btw, you can also alter many other factors about units, such as what weapons they have, how survivable they are, and basically most of the factors for each unit.)

(If you are playing PBEM or live against an opponent, you should let them know that you wish to make changes to the oob of your side, and get their o.k. before switching anything in the oobs. For this reason it is good to back up the original oob of any country you plan to change before changing it, so that you can revert back to the original, if your opponent is adamant about using original oobs. If you only play the AI then backing up the original oobs is not necessary, but you might want to back them up anyway, just as a precaution.) Hope this helps.

Eric Maietta

< Message edited by AbsntMndedProf -- 6/9/2006 5:49:38 PM >

(in reply to forgorin)
Post #: 7
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/9/2006 6:00:42 PM   
PimpYourAFV

AbsentmindedProf, it's nice to see there is somebody using this forum who can post intelligently (along with myself). Keep up the good work!

(in reply to AbsntMndedProf)
Post #: 8
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/9/2006 6:01:34 PM   
FlashfyreSP

You must also be conducting an Advance or Assault Mission before Air Transport will be available.

(in reply to AbsntMndedProf)
Post #: 9
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/9/2006 6:02:12 PM   
PimpYourAFV

Flashfry, those restrictive and unrealistic dates you set for unit availabilities is exactly what turns me off of mods made by monkeys.

(in reply to PimpYourAFV)
Post #: 10
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/9/2006 8:44:10 PM   
Alby

data on Japanese paratroop operations in the Pacific War.

1) Celebes Island [NEI] Menado-Kema area [target Langoan Airfield]; IJN 1 Yokosuka SNLF (Air) [CO Cdr Toyoaki Horiuchi]; 334 men were dropped from G3M1-L transport aircraft on 11 Jan 42 and 185 more paratroops on 12 Jan 42.
2) Sumatra Island [NEI] Palembang area [target Palembang 1 Airfield]; IJA 2 Parachute Regiment of 1 Parachute Brigade [CO Col Seiichi Kume]; 360 paratroops were dropped from Ki-56 and Ki-57 transport aircraft on 14 Jan 42 and 100 more men on the next day.

3) Timor Island [NEI] Dili-Koepang area [target Penfoei Airfield]; IJN 3 Yokosuka SNLF (Air) [CO Lt Cdr Koichi Fukumi]; 308 paratroops were dropped from G3M1-L planes on 20 Feb 42 and 323 more on the next day. Seizing of Timor was the first combined paratroop and amphibious operation in the history of warfare. IJN marines and IJA amphibious units also took part in this operation. Additionally participating forces were covered by F1M2 floatplanes from the seaplane carrier MIZUHO.
All three paratroop operations carried out in the beginning of the war were successful.

4) Leyte Island [the Philippine Islands] [target network of airfields seized by US forces]; IJA 3 Parachute Regiment - Katori Shimpei Force [CO Lt Col Tsunehiro Shirai]; 409 paratroops were dropped on 6 Dec 44 from Ki-57 planes. Operation WA ended in disaster as IJA paratroops were not able to hold their initial gains and were wiped out by overwhelming US forces.

So, it appears actually should go to 1944 instead of 1943, and perhaps should not start as early as in the game now.
of course since Flashfyre nor I created these units or formations in the first place, your childish name calling must be directed at someone else huh?

So far you have called us Pedophiles, monkeys, and probably a few other choice names.
The likes of your idiocy, has never been seen on this forum in the 6 years I have been a member here.

tell you what, you take almost a year out of your life and work to improve this game , lets see what you come up with.
probably nothing because you are too busy with your childish name calling to actually do anything but criticise someone elses work.
you are a real class act.

< Message edited by Alby -- 6/9/2006 8:46:04 PM >

Post #: 11
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/10/2006 3:37:52 AM   
PimpYourAFV

That's it, let your hate flow Alby. It looks like it hit a little too close to the truth in calling you a pedophile in hiding. By the way, when you throw around your sh*t, you should expect some of it to be shovelled back at you. I've never ever said anything less than gentlemanly to anyone who didn't harass and insult me first.

As for paratroopers, this is a game. Why should we be constrained to only using units on the exact dates they were used historically??? And why have paratroopers in the game with no cargo planes??? Obviously they had them before the war even started; just they didn't decide to use them until 1941. Cargo planes are the most basic and early forms of planes for all the nations, much simpler than fighters and bombers. Where is your common sense?

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 12
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/10/2006 3:50:29 AM   
Erik Rutins

TokyoBoy,

quote:

ORIGINAL: TokyoBoyTensai
That's it, let your hate flow Alby. It looks like it hit a little too close to the truth in calling you a pedophile in hiding. By the way, when you throw around your sh*t, you should expect some of it to be shovelled back at you. I've never ever said anything less than gentlemanly to anyone who didn't harass and insult me first.

Apparently, you chose to ignore my final warning. I regret having to do this, but you are hereby banned for at least a week. You can e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com if you wish to discuss the rules of behavior on this forum and reinstatement.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 13
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/10/2006 4:31:17 AM   
forgorin

He! He! He! I Do agree with the last half of his post.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 14
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/10/2006 5:25:56 AM   
Alby

As stated we didnt put those units in the game.
but we do try to stick to historical dates.
I know, lets have Pzfaust available in 1930, I mean its just game right?

I mean how can we constanly be answering questions about why one unit has 2 lmgs for one year and an no German unit does, and for references we get remarks like "obviously they had them before the war"
After I post each and evry time Japanese partroops were dropped.
Players all worried about one unit where only 2 prototypes were ever made.
I mean ....
Come on you guys, My best advice for a few of you is to create your own mod and change whatever you want to your hearts content.
We simply cannot keep addressing every little thing.

< Message edited by Alby -- 6/10/2006 5:27:47 AM >

(in reply to forgorin)
Post #: 15
This is REALLY SAD... - 6/10/2006 6:32:33 AM   
Orzel Bialy

I just returned home this evening from a 4 week company project and I can not believe what I am seeing.

A lot of people went out of their way to produce a Mod as a way of giving back to the community and this is what they get in return? Rants that consist of childish name calling and insults that have little to do with the mod itself and are of a personal nature rather than constructive input focused on the project?

This forum was never so dis-respectful in the "old days"...and it's a damned shame that some of the "new blood" think that this is an acceptable way to act now. Perhaps it is time for Matrix to select a moderator for this forum so that the likes of TBT will have a sheriff to hold them in check on a more regular basis.

Sorry to see it come to this.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 16
RE: This is REALLY SAD... - 6/10/2006 7:17:37 AM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orzel Bialy

I just returned home this evening from a 4 week company project and I can not believe what I am seeing.

A lot of people went out of their way to produce a Mod as a way of giving back to the community and this is what they get in return? Rants that consist of childish name calling and insults that have little to do with the mod itself and are of a personal nature rather than constructive input focused on the project?

This forum was never so dis-respectful in the "old days"...and it's a damned shame that some of the "new blood" think that this is an acceptable way to act now. Perhaps it is time for Matrix to select a moderator for this forum so that the likes of TBT will have a sheriff to hold them in check on a more regular basis.

Sorry to see it come to this.

Welcome back Orzel!
You didnt even say goodbye!!

actually the response has been great,
there are a few naysayers but ya cant please them all.

sorry alot of your Poland stuff isnt in yet, but there will be a patch...hint hint

< Message edited by Alby -- 6/10/2006 7:31:02 AM >

(in reply to Orzel Bialy)
Post #: 17
RE: This is REALLY SAD... - 6/10/2006 7:35:39 AM   
Orzel Bialy

Yes...I've been doing some more reading both here and at the DEPOT now and am glad to see more positive feedback. Too bad some of the naysayers couldn't be more intelligent in their objections and/or inquiries...instead of using posts to simply troll for trouble.

I will try to restart my work on the Polish OoB's...again. Unfortunately everything got de-railed when I got a last minute "request" (which means the district manager tells you to be there) to join a remodel team again because 2 other managers backed out due to family issues. So I was here one moment and gone for all but 2 weekends for the better part of a month. Hopefully I will not be called upon to help out with phase 2 of the remodel (another 2 weeks of work)...because to be honest I'm sick of traveling and being away from my family...and my internet. lol.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 18
RE: This is REALLY SAD... - 6/10/2006 7:50:51 AM   
Alby

No sweat Pal
I think MD is doing a major clean up of the Czech oob if you know anything about it, he could use a hand.
I need to send you and MD the latest "updated" oobs.
We missed a few things and have made a change here and there per player request.

(in reply to Orzel Bialy)
Post #: 19
RE: This is REALLY SAD... - 6/10/2006 8:22:50 AM   
Alby

I just realized the Title of this thread, so NO
the Japanese do not get TransPOT planes.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 20
RE: This is REALLY SAD... - 6/10/2006 8:43:50 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alby

I just realized the Title of this thread, so NO
the Japanese do not get TransPOT planes.

Ok, let's play nice -- for what-if's, yeah, some transport planes need to be in certain OOBs -- don't know what the Japanese used, but the Marines could borrow some planes from the Army, which is probably what would've happened if they ever needed them.

The Airborne drops in Europe were one thing, but the German experience on Crete convinced the Americans that paratroop drops on a defended island was nothing more than a suicide mission. No go in the Pacific.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 6/10/2006 8:52:30 AM >

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 21
RE: This is REALLY SAD... - 6/10/2006 10:09:49 AM   
wulfir

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin
The Airborne drops in Europe were one thing, but the German experience on Crete convinced the Americans that paratroop drops on a defended island was nothing more than a suicide mission.

The USMC maybe, but the US Army conducted a number of (successful) parachute operations in the pacific, most dramatic was perhaps the recapture of Corregidor.

Semper in Primis

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 22
RE: This is REALLY SAD... - 6/13/2006 4:18:40 AM   
sabrejack

Alby,

I'm very disappointed. Why don't my troops have lazer guns? Why can't I have my own OOB of trolls? Also, why can't you re-write all of the code to allow my tanks to fly?

You guys are just not working hard enough on this - Matrix paid you all LOADS of money to work on it, now get back into your pit!

(in reply to wulfir)
Post #: 23
RE: This is REALLY SAD... - 6/13/2006 5:23:51 AM   
Alby

(in reply to sabrejack)
Post #: 24
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/13/2006 8:59:21 AM   
String

quote:

1) Celebes Island [NEI] Menado-Kema area [target Langoan Airfield]; IJN 1 Yokosuka SNLF (Air) [CO Cdr Toyoaki Horiuchi]; 334 men were dropped from G3M1-L transport aircraft on 11 Jan 42 and 185 more paratroops on 12 Jan 42.
2) Sumatra Island [NEI] Palembang area [target Palembang 1 Airfield]; IJA 2 Parachute Regiment of 1 Parachute Brigade [CO Col Seiichi Kume]; 360 paratroops were dropped from Ki-56 and Ki-57 transport aircraft on 14 Jan 42 and 100 more men on the next day.

3) Timor Island [NEI] Dili-Koepang area [target Penfoei Airfield]; IJN 3 Yokosuka SNLF (Air) [CO Lt Cdr Koichi Fukumi]; 308 paratroops were dropped from G3M1-L planes on 20 Feb 42 and 323 more on the next day. Seizing of Timor was the first combined paratroop and amphibious operation in the history of warfare. IJN marines and IJA amphibious units also took part in this operation. Additionally participating forces were covered by F1M2 floatplanes from the seaplane carrier MIZUHO.
All three paratroop operations carried out in the beginning of the war were successful.

4) Leyte Island [the Philippine Islands] [target network of airfields seized by US forces]; IJA 3 Parachute Regiment - Katori Shimpei Force [CO Lt Col Tsunehiro Shirai]; 409 paratroops were dropped on 6 Dec 44 from Ki-57 planes. Operation WA ended in disaster as IJA paratroops were not able to hold their initial gains and were wiped out by overwhelming US forces.

So, it appears actually should go to 1944 instead of 1943, and perhaps should not start as early as in the game now.
of course since Flashfyre nor I created these units or formations in the first place, your childish name calling must be directed at someone else huh?

So far you have called us Pedophiles, monkeys, and probably a few other choice names.
The likes of your idiocy, has never been seen on this forum in the 6 years I have been a member here.

tell you what, you take almost a year out of your life and work to improve this game , lets see what you come up with.
probably nothing because you are too busy with your childish name calling to actually do anything but criticise someone elses work.

However, have you researched into Japanese paratroop ops in China? AFAIK they conducted a few there well before the pacific war started.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 25
RE: This is REALLY SAD... - 6/13/2006 5:35:17 PM   
Don Doom

quote:

He is not joking you! Get back to work and earn that truck load of money they paid you under the bandstand!

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 26
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/13/2006 9:16:43 PM   
Twotribes

Just checked the transport is available from Jan 40 to end of 45, the actual formation with the aircraft in it is available from Jan 40 to end of 43.

In 43 the glider becomes available and it remains available through the end of 45.

This was in the enhanced version.

However I have noticed that some countries can buy tranport aircraft as core units and some can not. Japan can not.

(in reply to forgorin)
Post #: 27
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/13/2006 10:42:52 PM   
FlashfyreSP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Just checked the transport is available from Jan 40 to end of 45, the actual formation with the aircraft in it is available from Jan 40 to end of 43.

In 43 the glider becomes available and it remains available through the end of 45.

This was in the enhanced version.

However I have noticed that some countries can buy tranport aircraft as core units and some can not. Japan can not.

You may only buy transports in your Core Force if a) the Campaign routine determines that your nation has air assets available for the date/theater, or b) you change the Air Sections in the Preferences Screen to anything but the default XXX. Each number in this setting, up to a maximum of 25, gets you one Air Section (formation). In the case of a), you may not receive enough Sections to buy enough transports for an entire Core.

This whole problem with transports and core forces is not because of the OOBs; it is a function of the way the Campaign Generator routine is written, and what parameters were set by the programmers for Air Availability for each nation.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 28
RE: Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? - 6/14/2006 12:33:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: String

quote:

However, have you researched into Japanese paratroop ops in China? AFAIK they conducted a few there well before the pacific war started.

Show us a reference or something and we will be glad to change it

when I researched Japansese Paratroop operations this was all I could really find.

We really cannot research everything for all 28 nations. That would be all we ever do.
We also cant just change things because someone says
"AFAIK they conducted a few there"
We would be changing things almost nonstop if that were the case.
The Japanese OOB has had the paratroops set up they way they were since version..???
That being said
I have now adjusted them to go from Jan 39-end of 44

(in reply to String)
Post #: 29
RE: This is REALLY SAD... - 6/14/2006 12:37:52 AM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Doom

quote:

He is not joking you! Get back to work and earn that truck load of money they paid you under the bandstand!

On top Of bandstand!!!!

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Dont the Japanese rate transpot planes? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI