Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Play By Play

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Play By Play Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Play By Play - 6/14/2006 3:41:27 AM   
DonBraswell

Shaun, In the near future (maybe next year?) could you open up more of the play by play for use with the microsoft Speech Engine? It wouldn't a great announcer, but I sure would like to listen to the game and not have to read every thing. Thanks for a great game.
Don
Post #: 1
RE: Play By Play - 6/17/2006 6:46:27 AM   
DonBraswell

I refreshed this so Shaun would see it.

(in reply to DonBraswell)
Post #: 2
RE: Play By Play - 6/17/2006 10:02:38 AM   
Claymore Cut

I'm thinking having actual play-by-lay would be too much. Would I would love to hear is Out! and Safe! And Pitcher announcements at the start of the game and when a reliever comes in (now pitching: Ron Darling!)

(in reply to DonBraswell)
Post #: 3
RE: Play By Play - 6/17/2006 7:02:56 PM   
puresimmer

I'm not sure about play by play. I (personally) like the crisp pace of a PureSim game and don't really like games where I have to read gobs of PBP. Also, I'm not sure too many people really like the speech engine stuff either :) I added it in there out of nostalgia for Earl Weaver Baseball on my Amiga (circa 1986!)

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to Claymore Cut)
Post #: 4
RE: Play By Play - 6/17/2006 7:57:23 PM   
Claymore Cut

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

I'm not sure about play by play. I (personally) like the crisp pace of a PureSim game and don't really like games where I have to read gobs of PBP. Also, I'm not sure too many people really like the speech engine stuff either :) I added it in there out of nostalgia for Earl Weaver Baseball on my Amiga (circa 1986!)

No I love it! Don't take it out! So you were an EWB Amiga fan too (thought so, which is what drew me to the sim). I really love the fact that when simming I can work in word (I'm a writer/Editor in Real life) and here whether my team won or not (New York beats Florida 6 tooo 4).

Seriously it is a great feature, but I would leave it at calling outs/safe and announcing Pitchers if you wanted to add more sound support. I don't think I would want the computer to give me full play by play (and you have ball animation for that any ways).

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Play By Play Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI