Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MP Play Any luck?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> MP Play Any luck? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MP Play Any luck? - 6/24/2006 1:24:43 AM   
ETF

Sorry guys I'm pretty good with LAN and Online game setup....but this is something else. Anyone else having problems with this? I assumed it would have been rewritten from the original release? Not user friendly at all.
I gave up after 2 hours of trying. The user documentation just didn't help....

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
Post #: 1
RE: MP Play Any luck? - 6/24/2006 1:30:50 AM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

I played this evening. I had to struggle a bit with the setup but then everything went smoothly - no interruptions and no slowdowns.

Basically you launch the server (the player with the most powerful sistem should do it). Then *both* players put into the "Multiplayer Options" tab the IP and the port where the server is listening. Then both launch "harpoon3client.exe" - and they should meet online on the server.

This is the hard part. Then you only have to create a session and select a scenario. Please, by all means ask if you need assistance: I'm going to sleep now, since I played until after midnight - but either me or some one else will be able top help. It is a whole new ball!

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 2
RE: MP Play Any luck? - 6/24/2006 1:54:01 AM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vincenzo Beretta

Basically you launch the server (the player with the most powerful sistem should do it). Then *both* players put into the "Multiplayer Options" tab the IP and the port where the server is listening. Then both launch "harpoon3client.exe" - and they should meet online on the server.

How do you select the port?

(in reply to Vincenzo_Beretta)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> MP Play Any luck? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI