Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AAR Question?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> AAR Question? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AAR Question? - 7/16/2006 4:30:47 AM   
Dr. Foo

If you post a screen shot of the entire battlefield how is theater recon taken into consideration? What I mean is, if I post a screen shot of the front perhaps my opponent cannot see many of my units that now show up in the screen shot. Moreover, if I post from the micoview or take a wide shot of the entire map, am I not showing them the exact position of my units far behind and close to the front?

Are people playing PBEM worried that their opponent might gain insight into were the reserve forces are concentrated enabling them to gauge where the next big push might come from and reinforce those areas based on what is shown in an AAR?

I am just wondering what other people thought because I have been hesitant to share up-to-date battlefield information for this reason.

No, I am not paranoid.

*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*
Post #: 1
RE: AAR Question? - 7/16/2006 4:42:39 AM   
JAMiAM

You're not paranoid if you know they are watching...

(in reply to Dr. Foo)
Post #: 2
RE: AAR Question? - 7/16/2006 7:10:42 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr. Foo
...if I post from the micoview or take a wide shot of the entire map, am I not showing them the exact position of my units far behind and close to the front?

Yes, you are in fact showing your opponent information he/she needs to play against you.
My opponent in DNO and I agreed with each other that he doesn't read my AAR and I don't read his for just this reason.

You could "sanitize" those areas you don't want him to see of course, but that sounds like a lot of work.

Or you could do what I do and post the screenshots anyway, just for the love of the game.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 7/16/2006 7:11:03 AM >

(in reply to Dr. Foo)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> AAR Question? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI