Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Send Files to player bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Send Files to player bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Send Files to player bug - 6/2/2006 2:09:20 PM   
gazfun

My friend and myself are still having problems with sending files to each other, I start the game, and send files to him, all he gets is a black screen, he doesnt not even get the password window up as the Austrian player, to enter any password. We both have loaded patches 2.1 and 2.2 so if anyone else has experienced this problem let me know, we have been on this for 6 months now, I think we should get an answer to this problem

Post #: 1
RE: Send Files to player bug - 6/3/2006 8:17:58 PM   
FrankHunter

Hi, if you can, send your PBEM files to me at frankhunter13@shaw.ca and I will check them out.

(in reply to gazfun)
Post #: 2
RE: Send Files to player bug - 6/5/2006 1:56:41 PM   
gazfun

Thanks frank I will send that to you again, we had a game going for a while then suddenly the problem happened again.
Im also getting and Application error, Ill send you a jpg attached for that as well, to add to the info

Attachment (1)

(in reply to FrankHunter)
Post #: 3
RE: Send Files to player bug - 7/22/2006 4:07:56 AM   
gazfun

Frank I have a new system downloaded every patch still doesnt work, and now I cant even run the program wihtout an error problem

(in reply to gazfun)
Post #: 4
RE: Send Files to player bug - 7/22/2006 12:09:07 PM   
DEB

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazfun

Frank I have a new system downloaded every patch still doesnt work, and now I cant even run the program wihtout an error problem

Just a thought ( as I recently had a similar problem after re setting up from disk & re adding patches ), have you put the game etc. somewhere other than the "default" folder? ( The game does not like this and you must use the default folder.)
No idea's re PBEM though - never used it.

(in reply to gazfun)
Post #: 5
RE: Send Files to player bug - 7/23/2006 4:59:07 AM   
FrankHunter

The Application error is a sound problem I'm guessing.

(in reply to DEB)
Post #: 6
RE: Send Files to player bug - 7/23/2006 6:19:13 AM   
DEB

The only one I had was, but it never stopped you accessing the game.

You just needed to switch off the sound & music ( shame ), in order to get the game to run without freezing at "hit the next turn icon" or in the middle of a battle. Sound for one & music for the other but I cannot recall which applied to which.

The default folder problem never showed an "error" during entry, but would not show you the whereabouts of the units in the overview map, and if you clicked on the overview map you got a mini black box instead, along with a error message relating to a missing path link.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Still reviewing the "old" scenarios to list OOB's. Will compare to your "new" scenarios when completed, and advise if any playing problems & provide "new" unit data.
Taking a while as Austria ( me ) keeps winning before the French ( AI )reinforcements arrive (sc. 2 ). AI not good at building bridges !!

Post #: 7
RE: Send Files to player bug - 7/28/2006 12:05:53 AM   
gazfun

quote:

ORIGINAL: DEB

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazfun

Just a thought ( as I recently had a similar problem after re setting up from disk & re adding patches ), have you put the game etc. somewhere other than the "default" folder? ( The game does not like this and you must use the default folder.)
No idea's re PBEM though - never used it.

Yes we know about that one as well lol, one of the other guys did that LOL
Yes I have a Athlon Dueal Core Processor 3800+ etc with a Asus in built sound card 2 gig ram

(in reply to DEB)
Post #: 8
RE: Send Files to player bug - 7/28/2006 12:21:06 AM   
gazfun

quote:

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

The Application error is a sound problem I'm guessing.

Yes you mentioned that :)

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Send Files to player bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI