Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

help with Modswapper

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> help with Modswapper Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
help with Modswapper - 8/21/2006 7:05:35 PM   
ken ennis

i have the zipped version of enhanced on my laptop and when i go and use modswapper to install the enhanced version it tells me i have to update my version os steel panthers to version 8.2. i am already using version 8.4xxx what am i doing wrong
Post #: 1
RE: help with Modswapper - 8/21/2006 7:59:55 PM   
chief

To Matrix Moderator: HELP I cannot attach on a 'quick reply' and I cannot post a new topic, I get a little red hand on the latter. I tried posting on Tech help but ditto problem. CAN U HELP ?

Chief

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to ken ennis)
Post #: 2
RE: help with Modswapper - 8/21/2006 9:48:05 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: ken.ennis

i have the zipped version of enhanced on my laptop and when i go and use modswapper to install the enhanced version it tells me i have to update my version os steel panthers to version 8.2. i am already using version 8.4xxx what am i doing wrong

Some people have had this problem for some reason...others have not...wierd.
Best 'fix' so far, uninstall spwaw, then reinstall SPWAW.
Then it should work fine.

(in reply to ken ennis)
Post #: 3
RE: help with Modswapper - 8/21/2006 9:48:31 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: chief

To Matrix Moderator: HELP I cannot attach on a 'quick reply' and I cannot post a new topic, I get a little red hand on the latter. I tried posting on Tech help but ditto problem. CAN U HELP ?

Chief

are you logged in??

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 4
RE: help with Modswapper - 8/21/2006 11:04:59 PM   
chief

Yeah or I would not have been able to post rapid reply, would I, besides I tried re-logging in. Oh well such is life with WinDoze eXtra Problems Servicing Packing twice as often.

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 5
RE: help with Modswapper - 8/21/2006 11:12:08 PM   
chief

Alby: I was going to tell ken.ennis that I had identical problem and had to go back and install 8.2, 8.3, and Enh v2 in that order, then no problemo, that's how I found the problem. Also seems I can't click on any URL Links either. Have to finish a test for Desert Fox then I'll do a restore.

Thanks for answering buddy.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 6
RE: help with Modswapper - 8/21/2006 11:48:54 PM   
Alby

you didnt happen to install IE 7 did you??
seem to remember I had some of your same troubles, so i got rid of it and went back to firefox

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 7
RE: help with Modswapper - 8/22/2006 6:33:36 AM   
chief

Alby: NO ! Still have version 6.0.2900......but I ran a registry cleaner yesterday and I'll bet that did the nasty.

Depot works fine, well sort of, have to sign in just about every time I go there, ah heck I got the time.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 8
RE: help with Modswapper - 8/22/2006 6:48:39 AM   
chief

Alby: I found the problem, it's my pop-up blocker on my ISP toolbar, to get to "Post Reply" I need to hold my control key down, then the little red hand bites the perverbial dust.

BY the way thanks for trying, your hints led me to double check my IE stuff. Much Grass Amigo, for that we let you live.

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> help with Modswapper Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI