Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

You guys win

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> You guys win Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
You guys win - 1/19/2007 6:32:29 PM   
regularbird

Ok, I broke down and bought the game. Chalk a sell up to satisfied customers on this board.
Post #: 1
RE: You guys win - 1/20/2007 8:52:48 AM   
187204jim

Congratulations...................let me know your impressions..........
Cheers
Ian

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for Good men to do nothing

(in reply to regularbird)
Post #: 2
RE: You guys win - 1/23/2007 9:41:47 PM   
regularbird

So far so good.  It really took me about 1 hour to get all the basics down, still have not read the manual but did browse a couple of things.  The interface is reasonably laid out and pretty easy to use.  Currently in a 1775 campaign holding my own on middle level.  Any battle over 3000 plus I try to play out others just auto resolve.  I have won a few and lost a few.  The AI "SO FAR" seems really challenging even the battle AI gives me some trouble.  I am at the end of 1775 and I still hold sprinfield mass although I had to win a hot scrape to hold it (5500 brit on about 7000 Colonials) this battle could have gone either way and took me about 1.5hrs to play out.  The rest of the east coast north of NYC is british and Yorktown. Looks like this game will be a good investment for me.  If my opinion changes I will let you know. 

(in reply to 187204jim)
Post #: 3
RE: You guys win - 1/24/2007 1:02:29 AM   
cj1313

I love this game. I'm into 12/78 now and have 18,000 Brits trapped on LI. Man what battles. I like the fact that you can't demolish armies so quick, but I'm a little annoyed that there should be a higher penalty when units just flee the map i tactical battle b/c you have a superior force. They should suffer a higher penalty and or be " delivered" weeks later to another friendly city with diserrter loss for army.

I will HIT Clinton on LI one more time then "let him" flee b/c I know the BRITS did land several 1000 troops on Long Island ( I live there ) so they should be able to flee. Though I'll pound them a little more to make up for what they should loose while fleeing by boat.

I only hope he flees to NE, for the south is secure so we can battle over Boston again.

(in reply to regularbird)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> You guys win Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI