Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Landing Craft bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Landing Craft bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Landing Craft bug - 8/12/2000 11:10:00 PM   
McGib

Playing a long camp as the US and my first mission is a beach assault vs the French. I moved my landing craft up to the beaches and when I began to spot french units I opened fire with the landing craft mg's. Each time a landing craft fired it got its full movement back. This made my landing troops rather quick but somehow I dont think that mg's were somehow hooked up to the boats engines. Course I also had a LCM sunk by a rifle grenade too. And one last thing how come the LCVP icon is bigger than the icon for the LCM?? I know the landing craft vunerability is known and I believe the icons are being changed/fixed in V3 but I've never heard anyone mention the firing/movement thing. McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready
Post #: 1
- 8/13/2000 3:03:00 AM   
Leibstandarte

The landing craft movement bug has been adressed and fixed in version 3. I believe they also made the boats more durable so that should take care of the rifle grenade thing. ------------------ Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 2
- 8/13/2000 10:10:00 AM   
Recon_slith

I hope they help out the gunboats as well. At the moment any penetrating hit sinks them- I've even been blooped by an A/T rifle. Yeesh.

Let me make the superstitions of a nation and I care not who makes its laws or its songs either.
-- Mark Twain

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 3
- 8/14/2000 3:53:00 PM   
Recon_slith

Also, the Mortar gunboat has no indirect fire capability which rather defeats the purpose of having them. I'm trying to hit the beach at Salerno backed up by a bunch of duds. ------------------ Wait for Death. There's a choice? Recon

Let me make the superstitions of a nation and I care not who makes its laws or its songs either.
-- Mark Twain

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 4
- 8/18/2000 9:18:00 AM   
kenlight1

I've been playing an e-mail game (v2.3) and the Jap landing craft regains full movement after firing. Actually in all versions I've played if the landing craft can fire (some can't) you seem to gain full movement by firing at a target.

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Landing Craft bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI