Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map editor infos

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Map editor infos Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map editor infos - 10/8/2012 2:25:24 PM   
Rising-Sun

Not sure how big the maps are or the database. So there is no grand campaign to play The Pacific? How friendly is the editor, been looking for something to recreate battles when battles take place on another game (table top) to carry out more complex details. So i wasnt sure if this will work or not.
Post #: 1
RE: Map editor infos - 10/10/2012 7:43:24 PM   
JSS

My somewhat limited experience with the CAW editor is that its "friendliness" depends on how much you play the game. If you understand how CAW works for game mechanics, then I'd say the editor is medium level friendly (but pretty much 100% effective). Have much more experience with the SSG Decisive Battles and Kharkov game engines; for those I'd describe the editor as medium level friendly with key things that must be learned/passed down from SSG. Another key for CAW is creating the situation cards which impact game play.

My understanding is that everything in the Pacific is possible in CAW (lots of incredible new formation graphics have been developed by players). IIRC, the Pacific Map provided in the game is the only one that can be used. One of the challenges in creating scenarios for the Decisive Battles/Kharkov game engines is a hard turn limit (80 turns). I simply don't recall if this is an issue for CAW with regard to creating the grand campaign you mention.

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Map editor infos Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI