Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Still scared ships...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Still scared ships... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Still scared ships... - 4/28/2007 10:00:58 PM   
LeBlaque

Abstracted from "My Mod with Modified Building Costs" thread:

"I played this mod for a while but I have not played FoF for some weeks now. Partly because awaiting bug fixes as the crucial Gun Boat bug that makes them die off and more importingly that the US navy is not blockading anymore in the latest beta which make a test playing against USA AI not as good."

I have to once again echo the sentiment of the above author related to the Union not using fleets/ships properly in blockading CSA ports. I have played four games now and USA fleets remain in Annapolis allegedly awaiting troops to transport that just never occurs. Not only is blockading an important activity for the Union, in game terms it is extremely frustrating to see the AI expend resources on ships/fleets they never really use effectively. On a personal level, it has become aggravating enough that I wish there was a Preference Selection to just turn "Ocean Activity" off-- this would include runners (that do seem to work well).

I suspect that the present fleet/ship AI is heuristic behavior and cannot be edited through any of the constants provided?

Thanks for any feedback.

Regards,

LeBlaque
Post #: 1
RE: Still scared ships... - 5/1/2007 12:51:45 AM   
Gil R.

Preliminary reports indicate that fleets are much better at blockading as of some reprogramming last night. I thought you'd want to know.

(in reply to LeBlaque)
Post #: 2
RE: Still scared ships... - 5/1/2007 8:09:19 PM   
Gil R.

I tested it myself last night. Union fleets do indeed blockade, while one of them carries invasion forces. Once the Union builds up more fleets and ships it will be able to blockade every port, though I didn't play that far.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Still scared ships... - 5/2/2007 2:59:12 AM   
LeBlaque

Great to hear!

(in reply to LeBlaque)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Still scared ships... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI