Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes - 10/8/2007 12:52:06 AM   
Chris21wen

Not just NVidia but it happens on my ATI Radeon x1300 as well. I can't 'roll back' as I've just bought it.

Problem: When trying to set the firing range using the keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes and I have to kill it using task manager. This happens when using the newest NVidia drivers.

Solution: Rollback to an earlier driver. For this particular gamer, rolling back to version 44.03 solved the problem.

Post #: 1
RE: keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes - 10/8/2007 3:27:36 AM   
vahauser

Chris H,

This is a known problem due to your video driver.  I run an ATI Radeon 9700 and if I use the latest driver then my 'Y' key freezes my SPWAW game and I have to cntl+alt+delete out of the game.  So I re-installed my old driver (like 3 or 4 years old) and I no longer have a 'Y' key problem.

The bad news is that if you use an old driver to play SPWAW, then the old driver might not be usable with newer games.  It's a sucky trade off.  New games need new drivers.  You have a decision to make.  I chose SPWAW over newer games requiring a new driver.  But it's your call on your PC.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes - 10/14/2007 9:46:05 PM   
SlowHand

quote:

The bad news is that if you use an old driver to play SPWAW, then the old driver might not be usable with newer games.  It's a sucky trade off.  New games need new drivers.  You have a decision to make.  I chose SPWAW over newer games requiring a new driver.  But it's your call on your PC.

Thank you, thank you. This post was incredibly timely. I almost was going to get rid of my older computer where I have SPWaW installed, until I caught this thread. Rolling back to an older driver on my new computer isn't something I can do, given the newer games I'm running.

(in reply to vahauser)
Post #: 3
RE: keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes - 10/22/2007 12:19:20 AM   
Chris21wen

If you don't want to roll back use the Unit data screen to change range, slower but it does work.

(in reply to SlowHand)
Post #: 4
RE: keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes - 10/22/2007 12:26:34 AM   
Goblin

The HQ tent screen also works well.

Goblin

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI