Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Formation Editor?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Formation Editor? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Formation Editor? - 11/28/2007 3:35:31 AM   
MarkShot

Is the path of motion for HCCE oriented towards the North as you assign sectors in the formation or must you orient units relative to the path of motion for the group?

So, like in a fast moving group maybe you want your ASW patrol out in front. Do you need to reassign sectors everytime the group hits a new course leg?

Also, is it safe not to set up your own patrols and leave this to the staff assistant? Will it do a reasonable job?

Thanks.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)
Post #: 1
RE: Formation Editor? - 11/28/2007 3:45:39 AM   
TonyE

my 2 cents (US, I'm not so rich as to use valuable Canadian coins)

formation patrols much be adjusted to match your current path of motion (you turn the group 90 degrees, the formation contents don't turn with the group).  So yes, you must re-adjust after meaningful course changes. 

The patrols the staff assistant uses are the ones defined by the scenario designer so hopefully that person chose well.  You'll find some scenarios with no formation patrols since the scenario writer didn't include them for the expected player side (assuming the player would define the patrols).  I like to keep my AEW patrols outside of carrier groups so that I can radiate my E-2 but leave the carrier group totally passive, that's my biggest difference from the default formation patrols.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 2
RE: Formation Editor? - 11/28/2007 4:13:24 AM   
SteveF2006

Why is it that in many cases, after I have assigned aircraft on patrol in the formation, the staff adds other aircraft that I did not? This happens usually at the beginning of the game. I wait to see how many other aircraft the staff will launch, then I go into the formation editor and delete the added patrols. All it does is annoy me and waste my aircraft until they can be refueled.

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 3
RE: Formation Editor? - 11/28/2007 5:58:12 AM   
CV32

quote:

ORIGINAL: SteveF2006
Why is it that in many cases, after I have assigned aircraft on patrol in the formation, the staff adds other aircraft that I did not? This happens usually at the beginning of the game. I wait to see how many other aircraft the staff will launch, then I go into the formation editor and delete the added patrols. All it does is annoy me and waste my aircraft until they can be refueled.

Hehe, its because you have 'Auto Formation Air Patrols' selected. When you start the game, and see the 'Select Game Options' pop-up, click 'No' for the Auto Formation Air Patrols. Its the last option in the list. (These are the formation patrols that the scenario designer suggested for you when he created the scenario).

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to SteveF2006)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Formation Editor? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI