Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Course Orders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Course Orders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Course Orders - 11/26/2007 1:57:50 PM   
Stalintc

Hi all,

I have a small problem which may just require a 3 word answer because im an idiot.

But I cannot seem to add orders to waypoints on a course I have plotted for my groups, the buttons for order controls such as "edit" and "delete" are greyed out (because I havent added any I expect).

- I have tried cycling through the waypoints to make sure this is the case for all of them

- I have tried this with both naval and airborne groups

- I cannot see an "add order" button either should I be?

Perhaps this is just an issue of me not knowing how to add an order, from what I read in the manual I got the impression there would be a button for me to click to "add" the order?!

Any input would be appreciated, I strongly suspect im being dumb.

Not a huge problem however, I usually keep close tabs on my formations current orders and adjust to my liking anyway.

Cheers

(A very confused Stalintc)
Post #: 1
RE: Course Orders - 11/26/2007 2:48:42 PM   
leastonh1

Sorry for this being OT, but...is your avatar the UBoat captain from Das Boot? I have just (as in 10 minutes ago!) switched off halfway through watching it for a break and your avatar just jumped out at me when I read this thread. I haven't seen Das Boot since it was first aired, so it's a real blast from the past. I'd forgotten how tense a drama it is too!!! Brilliant.

Regards,
Jim

2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.

(in reply to Stalintc)
Post #: 2
RE: Course Orders - 11/26/2007 2:54:26 PM   
Stalintc

Spot on there Jim! your right!

Fantastic film this was! always popular on the submarine sim forums :)

(in reply to leastonh1)
Post #: 3
RE: Course Orders - 11/26/2007 2:56:09 PM   
CV32

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stalintc
Hi all,
I have a small problem which may just require a 3 word answer because im an idiot. But I cannot seem to add orders to waypoints on a course I have plotted for my groups, the buttons for order controls such as "edit" and "delete" are greyed out (because I havent added any I expect).

- I have tried cycling through the waypoints to make sure this is the case for all of them
- I have tried this with both naval and airborne groups
- I cannot see an "add order" button either should I be?

Perhaps this is just an issue of me not knowing how to add an order, from what I read in the manual I got the impression there would be a button for me to click to "add" the order?! Any input would be appreciated, I strongly suspect im being dumb. Not a huge problem however, I usually keep close tabs on my formations current orders and adjust to my liking anyway.
Cheers
(A very confused Stalintc)

Simple solution. With your "Course" window open, click on the "Orders" button in the top task bar. You can set orders here such as (depending on platform type) "Attack", "Set Depth (or Altitude) & Speed", "Sensors", etc.

(Also a Das Boot fan (have several versions of the DVD), plus Silent Hunter 3 and 4. )

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Stalintc)
Post #: 4
RE: Course Orders - 11/26/2007 3:07:57 PM   
Stalintc

Excellent! it all makes sense now! why didnt I think of that lol

Knew it would only be a quicky!

Thanks alot man!

edit - remember to say thank you

< Message edited by Stalintc -- 11/26/2007 3:08:26 PM >

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 5
RE: Course Orders - 11/26/2007 4:23:27 PM   
leastonh1

Stalintc - Yes, Das Boot has always been well recieved and reviewed from what I can remember. Watching the original is almost certainly what sparked my fascination with submarines and WWII in general 

Brad - I bought the Directors Edition of Das Boot and have never regretted it. Anyone with an interest in naval warfare during WWII should have a copy! I'm still playing SH3 and keep drooling over SH4. It's on my list to buy, but I'll have to sneak it past my wife first!

2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.

(in reply to Stalintc)
Post #: 6
RE: Course Orders - 11/26/2007 4:36:24 PM   
CV32

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim_H
Brad - I bought the Directors Edition of Das Boot and have never regretted it. Anyone with an interest in naval warfare during WWII should have a copy! I'm still playing SH3 and keep drooling over SH4. It's on my list to buy, but I'll have to sneak it past my wife first!

Stalintc, you're welcome.

Jim, you'll find plenty of after action report/war diary accounts for Silent Hunter 3 and 4 in the off topic section at Harpgamer. We're also partial to a bit of SH3 multiplayer.

< Message edited by CV32 -- 11/26/2007 4:37:56 PM >

Brad Leyte
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to leastonh1)
Post #: 7
RE: Course Orders - 11/28/2007 3:47:51 AM   
Aerohead

Brad,
Is there supposed to be a "default" order for aircraft when they reach their last waypoint? I'm pretty sure I remember aircraft going into a Loiter mode but with HCE I've been seeing my aircraft just continuing in a straight line past the last waypoint. I can always add a "Loiter" order for the last waypoint, but I always thought the default was "Loiter" anyways.

Thanks,
Eric

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 8
RE: Course Orders - 11/28/2007 5:46:20 AM   
CV32

You'll get a pop-up saying the unit has no course orders. It will continue flying otherwise.

Brad Leyte
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Aerohead)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Course Orders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI