Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playbook Profile Not Being Used

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Playbook Profile Not Being Used Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playbook Profile Not Being Used - 12/3/2007 5:20:18 PM   
Deft

This one has me stumped. I have been working on playbook but realized the game is not using the playbook profiles.

I set up base defense profiles for all offensive packages (5 WR, or 3RB 2 WR, etc..). But I found the game was not using the correct plays for the right packages. I then thought it might be a problem since the league was an older version league. So I created a new playbook and a new league and still had the same problem. This is where it gets interesting. In my online league, played on a different computer, the profiles are using the correct plays for the correct offensive packages. I am using version 2.1.8.

You can find the playbook and the league file in this thread:

http://blindsideblitz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25276
Post #: 1
RE: Playbook Profile Not Being Used - 12/5/2007 3:40:38 PM   
Deft

Some clarification:  This only applies to the defensive profile.  The offense performs as per the profile.

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 2
RE: Playbook Profile Not Being Used - 12/5/2007 4:24:54 PM   
Marauders

Are you making reference to the situation specific Offensive Formation indicators?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marauders -- 12/5/2007 4:25:56 PM >

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 3
RE: Playbook Profile Not Being Used - 12/5/2007 8:37:17 PM   
Deft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

Are you making reference to the situation specific Offensive Formation indicators?

yes, precisely.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 4
RE: Playbook Profile Not Being Used - 12/5/2007 9:23:46 PM   
Marauders

All right.

Are you saying they appear to be working on one computer but not on another?

Do you know the build that the MLF is using (I can ask that on the beta board from Shaggy, Tider, or Tbird).  Are you using a different build than the MLF on the other computer? If so, perhaps there is a follow on bug someplace. 

It may be that the Offensive Formation indicator is being overridden by variables higher on the tree.

Did you set up a "DNany,TGany,TIHAny,DFGAny, Any" gameplan for various formations in general first, or are they being used in a specific instance? Are any plays tagged as specific use only?

Perhaps I should look at the playbook in question.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 12/5/2007 9:27:16 PM >

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 5
RE: Playbook Profile Not Being Used - 12/6/2007 6:53:51 AM   
Deft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

All right.

Are you saying they appear to be working on one computer but not on another?

Do you know the build that the MLF is using (I can ask that on the beta board from Shaggy, Tider, or Tbird). Are you using a different build than the MLF on the other computer? If so, perhaps there is a follow on bug someplace.

It may be that the Offensive Formation indicator is being overridden by variables higher on the tree.

Did you set up a "DNany,TGany,TIHAny,DFGAny, Any" gameplan for various formations in general first, or are they being used in a specific instance? Are any plays tagged as specific use only?

Perhaps I should look at the playbook in question.

Yes, they were all "DNany,TGany,TIHAny,DFGAny, Any". That is why I started with a fresh playbook to confirm.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Playbook Profile Not Being Used Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI