Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with a wiki vandal

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Help with a wiki vandal Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with a wiki vandal - 12/6/2007 5:55:55 AM   
Gil R.

I figured one of you guys might have some advice about the following situation.

There a wiki that I frequently visit (completely unrelated to wargaming) over at wikihost.org that recently has been repeatedly vandalized. The person first essentially took the entire page offline multiple times, and now is playfully rolling back the page by going to the revision history list and choosing a much earlier version of the page. The person who runs the wiki checked the person's IP address, as did I, and found that it seems to be someone south of DeKalb, Illinois (71.244.215.187). Of course, the person might be using a random IP (though the fact that he had the same IP address early this morning and late this evening gives me hope, since presumably a randomized IP address will be different each time one signs on). Any advice on what to do here? This wiki page is not the only one to have been attacked -- at least 2-3 others were, too. I have no idea what wikihost.org can do, or whether they're even willing to deal with such a situation.
Post #: 1
RE: Help with a wiki vandal - 12/6/2007 7:14:54 AM   
Gil R.

Silly me, I meant to put this in General Discussion (where I assume it will be seen by more people). Ignore this thread.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Help with a wiki vandal Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI