Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game will not install

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Game will not install Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game will not install - 12/25/2020 10:35:42 AM   
Lothos

Just bought this on Christmas Eve with the discount but trying to install it and it always gets stuck.

I am using Windows 10 have a Ryzen 3900x with 32 GB of memory and a GTX 2080.

I have attached a screenshot of where it gets stuck and just sits there.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Game will not install - 12/25/2020 12:09:12 PM   
Lothos

Nevermind I solved it

Had to boot Windows 10 in safe mode and install the main installer while in Safe mode with networking.

After that I could install the patches with a normal Windows bootup

(in reply to Lothos)
Post #: 2
RE: Game will not install - 12/25/2020 12:54:49 PM   
pzgndr

Good to hear. Sometimes the installer hangs and may need to be downloaded again. And installation of the patch can be a hassle. But it can be done! After release of the official patch, Matrix plans to re-master the installer to its current standard. That should help a lot. Enjoy!

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team

(in reply to Lothos)
Post #: 3
RE: Game will not install - 12/27/2020 3:04:40 PM   
ThomasJay

I bought just before Christmas and had the same experience, had to install in safe mode and then patched in normal mode. I've started reading the manual and 'playing' a classic campaign as Spain just to get a feel for the mechanics, ui etc. It seems like a nice complexity level and I'm looking forward to getting deeper into it.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 4
RE: Game will not install - 12/29/2020 1:19:51 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: ThomasJay
I bought just before Christmas and had the same experience, had to install in safe mode and then patched in normal mode. I've started reading the manual and 'playing' a classic campaign as Spain just to get a feel for the mechanics, ui etc. It seems like a nice complexity level and I'm looking forward to getting deeper into it.

Welcome! Be sure that you are reading the updated manual for v1.23. Sections 16-18 have helpful player notes and strategy articles for "what" a player may want to do. The updated manual now is more helpful for "how" to perform specific game functions. No one thing is too complicated; however, this game has so many different things going on that it is easy to miss stuff.

Also, I just posted the Murat Tutorial to help get new players up to speed. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team

(in reply to ThomasJay)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Game will not install Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI